Symantec

Symantec Employee Reviews

Found 35 reviews matching the search See all 1,216 reviews
Productive and Fun
Team Lead Enterprise Renewal Sales - South Region (Former Employee) –  Dublin25 February 2020
Loved my time in Symantec, lots of opportunities to progress, leadership team changing almost every fiscal year, fast paced environement, dynamic, great people.
Once a great place to work
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Blanchardstown, County Dublin1 January 2020
We were the true global leader in enterprise security software, with great people and a great culture. However, everything went south when the company was sold off several months ago. Severe job cuts, severely reduced perks and no more culture (unless minimalist and flat can be called a company culture, too). The remaining jobs went from fab to ones that one would not wish upon one's worst enemy, resulting in the aforementioned great people leaving in droves.
fun, brilliant and fair company
Enterprise Renewals Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Dublin6 November 2019
Could not recommend Symantec more to individuals.
hard work but great recognition and rewards.
Itd fun abd collaborative, management are understanding ,helpful and fair
Very dark, not fun place to work at
AP Specialist (Former Employee) –  Dublin8 October 2019
The place was a huge warehouse, with very, very little natural light showing throughout the building. Management was not really managing and things were not running smoothly. Very disorganised.
Not a nice time working there.
Good career growth
Associate Authentication Manager (Former Employee) –  Dublin21 January 2019
Good company to work that help employees to develop and assist with training and career growth. The company provide many benefits such as medical insurance, pension plan etc
Pros
many benefits
Cons
office is a bit far away
Interesting and a fun workplace
Trade Compliance Analyst (Former Employee) –  Dublin7 January 2019
I worked with Symantec on a six month contract and in that time I found the company to be a good employer. People were welcoming and willing to help and offer guidance
premiere experience
Assistante commerciale bilingue (Former Employee) –  County Dublin3 September 2018
deception
pas humain
heureusemnet que j etais jeune, je n accepterais plus cela maintenant
Very productive place to work
Appliance Global Senior Supply Chain Specialist (Former Employee) –  Dublin29 May 2018
Symantec was a great please to work the people and management made it all so easy. They recognize people for what the do and want everyone to use there initiative in the work place. Everyone is encouraged to join in on all activities.
Pros
Fun and informative
Buen ambiente, tus compañeros son empaticos y muy profesionales
Global Channel Partner Manager (Former Employee) –  Dublin28 May 2018
Se trabajan largas horas, pero te cuidan bien. Hay muchas oportunidades pero es verdad que hay mucho cambia en la linea ejecutiva.
Pros
Pagan bien y al buenos beneficios
Cons
Mucho camio
Great Company to work
EMEA Revenue Manager (Former Employee) –  Dublin17 March 2018
Symantec is an awesome company to work with. They continuously focus on professionals development, and create many opportunities for employees to developed professionally.
Pros
Subsidies lunches
Cons
Overtime
Good company to work for
Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Dublin23 February 2018
Worked here for 4/5 years.
Good salary, nice environment, great co-workers
Very nice benefits package, medical and dental coverage through Laya, gym membership, tuition re-reimbursement, glasses re-reimbursement.
Yearly performance review with possible promotion/salary increase and bonus
Nice place to work & nice team
Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Dublin West, County Dublin31 October 2017
I enjoyed my time working in Symantec. I enjoyed my work, learnt a lot & worked with a great team while I was there. There was a good work/life balance & I found my managers were always supportive of work progression & were generally approachable.

The biggest challenge was dealing with the near constant senior management change at CEO & leadership level. I worked through 3 CEOs within 2 years which led to a constant changing of policy which ultimately impacted teams.
Pros
Work life balance, subsidised canteen
Cons
CEOs changing often
Multicultural invironment
Data analyst (Former Employee) –  Dublin3 September 2017
Worked as a contract employee for 6 months.

Nice people to work with.

Canteen, Not much of choice and not a fair price.

Got shorten contract suddenly due to take over to another company. This was 1-week notice, and so sudden. Shows how to manage contract employee.
Pros
Good people
Cons
Poor canteen
very busy but very rewarding
Senior Order Services/Customer Services (Former Employee) –  Dublin Ireland6 August 2017
Very busy role supporting a sales team and working in a call centre, processing on line antivirus applications, I would definitely recommend working here
Great company vales and great people to work with.
Very poor HR
Senior Renewals Representative - EMEA (Former Employee) –  Shannon, County Clare19 June 2017
There were too many changes happening at CEO level and every change had a massive impact down the chain of command. There was no HR department in Shannon in the later years to support staff throughout the changes.
Excellent Employer
Current Employee (Current Employee) –  Blanchardstown, County Dublin19 May 2017
Great company. Wonderful benefits. Good team office culture.

Food café excellent. Great amenities. Great work/life balance

Friendly environment. A lot of long term employees
Pros
Very generous in all aspects
Cons
Middle/Senior Management stagnant. Indifferent to change.
It`s ok
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dublin4 January 2017
It`s a well secured workplace with mice people working there. I learned a lot about the company. They have a nice canteen with delicous food.
Good place to start your career
Manager (Former Employee) –  Dublin West, County Dublin17 November 2016
Nice offices, good working atmosphere, I learned a lot while in Symantec. Not a place for senior level career development unless you have ambition to move to the US at some point. It is a US multinational governed by managers in the US primarily. Top 3 layers of the organisation are in the US the bottom 3 in Dublin. Large organisation going through restructuring for the last 6+ years so job security is flimsy. Nationally diverse employees.
Pros
Benefits, Surroundings, Multi-cultural
Cons
Working all timezones, No career development options for senior employees.
no comment
Cloud Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Dublin20 May 2016
n/a, This is a really really really really really really good place to work. you really would want to work here if you could
Customer and target focused, high productivity busy and motivating enviroment
Authentication Analyst (Current Employee) –  Dublin, Blanchardstown22 November 2015
I have been working for Symantec for the past 3 years. During those I have come to found out skills that I have but hadn't had the opportunity to put into practice. It has been very rewarding.

We are assigning different tasks every day, from authentication to handling chats and telephone- It is very diverse.

Symantec has an open door Policy which is great.

I wouldn't define it as hard but we went through a extremely busy quarter as we were short of staff and It was very challenging but we achieved the target so very rewarding.

I enjoy to interact with people and in this job a team effort is key to succeed and I get a lot of satisfaction out of it.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Symantec. Our community is ready to answer.