Synergy Security

Synergy Security Employee Reviews

Ireland76 reviews

Not guaranteed minimum weekly hours and fixed sites

Working in many different locations, not fixed shifts pattern, management is very disorganised and lack sense of how to do a proper roster to keep staff on fixed sites and hours. They do not give you fixed hours and only change their rules as it is convinient for them.

No respect or work/life balance

No respect for staff,work all the hours under the sun and poor pay.Management also very poor,I would not recommend working for this company!Bend over backwards for these people and not as much as a thanks.

Pros

Free parking

Cons

Long hours no respect

It All Depends On Your Site

Like any other security position, your overall experience and work/life balance is dictated by the site. I have a permanent site that is great. But I know others and I am aware of other sites where they don't treat you great, and will abuse your position and try to get every second they can get. This is less the company, and more the site management who are not always Synergy. I have been fortunate, but more needs to be done to improve the quality of the work environment at the other sites.I am enjoying my time with Synergy Security and my overall experience has been great. I love the site I'm at, the management (both Synergy and Client) are fantastic.Not everything is positive though. The Roster team often don't consider your travel arrangements and where you're based when assigning you a site to cover. I get that they are under a lot of pressure to fill in gaps, but more needs to be done to keep the operatives on the ground happy. There's a high turnover in the security industry and unchecked issues like these can lead to people leaving the company.Overall, Synergy Security has been by far the best company that I've worked for. I consider the permanent site and general management to have played a big role in me staying with Synergy when other companies try to treat you with less respect.

Fantastic Company

Great company to work for. Paid on time and correctly every week. Roster given weeks in advance. Supplied with all the equipment I needed promptly. Great management

Pros

Cons

No communication

Stay clear

Stay away , there are many decent security companies but this is not one of them.Certain click stay at the top and always will , tell you one thing and do another

Stresfull

Alvays pay minimum security rate.no other benefits.weekly payment.managment is ok.typical security work.patrols.cctv.No progres .no chance to get beter rate.

Pros

Weekly payment

Hard going

Overworked and under payed and appreciated , lack of empathy or understanding of employee need for a good work life balance and a fair rate of pay for the challenging work conditions.

Pros

Always pay on time

Good place to gain an experience.

Good place to gain an experience. Poor salary.Enjoyed working with them. Good management, awesome team. However we work to earn money.If they would increase the pay rate, that would be a five star company.

Very bad

Very bad. They will make you work even without 11 h break in between the shifts. You can't talk to managers as you are secend category person. Supervisors on site don't know how to make a roster or only make roster for their favorites . Lies and empty promises. Dont ever belive what they say. And for your own good dont work for them .

Pros

Cons

No 11 h break in between the shifts

Bad for work

I have joined but surprised. They give you sites where nobody want to work , last week 19 hours on the roster, 4 hours shifts starting from 12 midnight till 6 maximum. Minimum 4 different sites. They advertise different job roles but then bring you down to 11.65 for such a hard working conditions. And if you call them for hours then they will treat you like beggar , and will show huge favour , that giving you more shifts. Never recommend anyone

Pros

Poor management, no support.

Management will not support you with any workplace related issues. Little or no chance of promotion. I had 3 area managers in my time there. In my opinion your only a cash cow for them. Avoid||

Pros

Uniform, pay on time.

Nothing to say

Nit so bad... Not good.. as More stressfull and not worth to paid 11.65.. no nightship allowance.. it should be a proper and profesional manner.. not good as a whole.

Great company to work for

Wages are always correct and on time every week, plenty of overtime on offer each week should you require it. Good communication from management who are very approachable.

Pros

Lots of overtime on offer if you need it.

Avoid !!!

Worst company I’ve ever worked for !!!Treat you like a dog / lack of communication between employees and management + lack of common sense ... Complete nonsense

Pros

Uniform

Cons

Long hours / Very low-pay / No progression

Great company to work with

Synergy is part of a great group of security companies.Management is great, communication is paramount, you can work in amazing sites and you are paid on time. Synergy game a job when I needed it the most and is an equal opportunities employer.

Good company. Really good people working there. Not enought attention paid to staff doing good work. Plenty of good workers. Not enough praide3

Good company sometimes failed to see the better person for the job. Overall way better than most out there. You might do well to prove yourself but it's all coming done to someone who dont know you. It may feel like a click. But best advice if you want nto move ul the ladder dont help the person that's already ahead of you. Help urself first.

Pros

Good staff

Cons

Failure to see better people for promotion

Mobile Patrol

Terrible company to work for. The training is hap hazard and they load work on to the drivers they have instead of hiring an additional person to make it a fair amount of work. Easy to understand why Synergy do not recognise unions because they would not get away with what they do if they were forced to. A lot of Europeans and younger people who don’t know any better are happy to do the donkey work for them which isn’t right. Stay away from Synergy for your own good. There is no opportunity for overtime if you were looking for it.

Pros

Cons

Exploitive Company

Working at watch house cross

I'm working for synergy now almost a year. Best job iv had. Never had any problems management is very good no complaints what so ever. Fantastic company to work for.

Synergy security management

The management at synergy is great. Easy to talk to and very helpful.The sites that Synergy are based on are usually good, lots of benefits and progression available.

Pros

Always enough hours

Cons

N/a

Productive place to work and learn skills relevant to the security industry.

I started working as a static security officer and progressed to supervisory position within few years. In the last few years I have learned new skills relevant to the organisation.There are various of Online training courses provided to employees by the company to enable them excel in their respective roles.

Pros

Wages are paid on time.

Cons

Long hours.

Teamwork

Company-organized training such as first aid, fire warden, theft and more. I know other companies don't do it. Lots of jobs around Cork - managers very helpful and will explain every situation. I have a very good crew where I work.Synergy staff are very helpful such as Control Room, HR departament or Rostering. I learned a lot of new things through training in the company or training at work, I met a lot of very good people who are still very helpful and motivate me to continue my work.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Synergy Security. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.7 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement