Synergy Security Employee Reviews

Bad, Bad, Bad, Bad company to work for.
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Dublin8 December 2019
Not a good company to work for. Signed a contract for a higher hourly wage with the site manager in charge of my location, and found out (my fault for not doing it earlier) that this security company had not kept up their part of the agreement. Have had to go and get a solicitor in order to get the rest of my pay. Its a bad state of affairs when you have to bring a Security company to court for stealing from its own staff. What are they like with their customers.
very easy to work with synergy
Security officer (Former Employee) –  Cork6 December 2019
all management were very good with me. synergy security alway looking after employee paid on time and easy to approve holidays and they did full uniform
Horrible all round
Ststic security guard (Former Employee) –  Cork2 November 2019
Horrible company....nothing but want to be bullies but behind the front there cowards .....wages all ways wrong and hard to contact wages department of any department to be honest
Good working Enviorment
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Dublin17 October 2019
I work 12hr Nightshifts 48/60 weekly, plenty of hours in this company. The site I work on is an amazing environment to work in ideal for anyone. I work alone on a site that is 24/7 running with employees so any issue, you are responsible to make the right decision solving any issues. Management are on call encase of emergency's also control room/patrol drives are only a call away. My shift consist of responding to emails, any issues the client has I resolve them, monitoring CCTV, hourly patrols, reporting any hazards, responding rapidly to any intruder alarm, reports, taking temps, working in a professional manner at all times. Receiving a site allowance is great! But nightshift allowance should be introduced as it takes a lot out of you, and very unsociable.
Pros
Pay always correct and on time
Cons
long hours, no night allowence
Great company that encourages personal development
Bid Specialist (Current Employee) –  Dublin8 October 2019
Excellent company with a huge commitment to encouraging personal and professional growth. Lots of opportunities for progression. Great management team.
I do not recomend this company the worst managers
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Cork6 October 2019
The worst experience with this company , managers in county cork no respect people. Think 10 times if you want start your career with them. Wasted time
Bad company
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Dublin5 September 2019
I was working in bt blanchardstown at the start of 2018 for these people. The management is the worst people I have ever endured one even called me homeless due to my facial stubble and I was homeless for 2 years at the time. This company is not about people first.
Run unprofessionally
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Dublin11 August 2019
Zero work life balance, no body listens to you when you raise concerns. You are made to work round the clock, one day off after seven days of working. Roaster is changed at any time and short notice. You are made to move between sites like a made man.
Beware promises everything delivered nothing. Never give back your final payment even when you hand back the uniform.
Static security officer (Former Employee) –  Leister. Laois and kildare30 July 2019
Don't bother.good luck getting your holidays or final pay. They are no different to all other security companies.
IF u want to be treated like a second rate citizen. Then join up.
Pros
Cons
All.
Flexible and Plenty of work available
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Dublin5 July 2019
Most be clear to the company with your expectations, they are quiet flexible because a big number of customers. Salary expectations is not the best in the sector but better than many other jobs
Pros
As I siad before
Cons
As i said before
Better than minimum wage if you can put your foot down
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Cork31 May 2019
Rostering department will ask you to work every hour you haven't booked off, (and by the way you basically can't book time off) , no respect for workers, no overtime.

If your alternative is the dole or stacking shelves it's a better job, depending on which location you're sent to.
The only way to stay sane in this company is to work ONLY the time you say you can work. If you can do that and don't need job security for a long time it can be OK.
Pros
Better than minimum wage
Cons
Zero respect for workers, poor rostering, ultimately no internal communications between departments.
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Cork17 May 2019
Cannot fault the company. Working there 2 years now. Management are very approachable and always there to offer advice. Hard work is recognised and you are made feel valued as an employee
Pros
Puts you through courses to further your skill set
Cons
N/a
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Cork3 May 2019
Im working as a supervisor / static officer for the company in a busy shopping centre in cork. I have previously worked in the mobile unit department and the control room. In all the years i have worked here i have always been treated fairly and i have gained alot of experience from the senior management. Yes some times the hours are long and the work gets hard but what job isn't. If your the type of person that wants to work hard in a good environment and be able to move your career forward than its the place to be. There are many supervisors and management roles always come available due to the company's expansion

If you are looking to work for a continuously growing company with endless possibilities than i could recommend a better company.

The wages department are always on time.
The senior management are always there're to help. The technology in the company is constantly growing.
There are always plenty of hours there to work if you need it.
Pros
Good place to work.
Cons
Bad attitudes from some lazy staff members
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Ireland21 April 2019
Professional and collaborative
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Galway22 March 2019
Teamwork and being able to follow company procedures on day to day issues. Friendly and supportive management team. Training and career development programs provided by the company.
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Google10 March 2019
Good job, it is what you make it!
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Dublin1 February 2019
I was employed by Synergy for a few years. My time with Synergy overall was very positive but was difficult at the start. I was the cover guy sent everywhere, not knowing when my next shift was or where but when you have a few months down you get fixed sites and regular hours. Other security guards were very good to give advice on how the company operates which helped. After about a year I had a fixed site and the client with Synergy were very good to me. I think if you show promise, put in the hard work and help out the company when requested you get the good sites and if you get on well with the client your set up. I found management to be very helpful and had a good relationship with them.
Pros
Good staff, made some great friends. Plenty of over-time.
Cons
Getting called on my days off to cover people who don't show up for work.
Static officer (Former Employee) –  Limerick21 November 2018
Security officer (Current Employee) –  Cork9 August 2018
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Cork8 February 2018

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Synergy Security. Our community is ready to answer.