Synergy Security

Synergy Security Employee Reviews for Security Officer

I am with synergy security solutions for close to two years. I find that the management and hr staff are professional and courteous to deal with. Wages paid on time and if their are any issues it is dealt with quickly. There are a lot of security companies out there that don't particularly care for their staff, but I feel that if you put in the hard work and prove yourself, you will be looked after.
I was employed by Synergy for a few years. My time with Synergy overall was very positive but was difficult at the start. I was the cover guy sent everywhere, not knowing when my next shift was or where but when you have a few months down you get fixed sites and regular hours. Other security guards were very good to give advice on how the company operates which helped. After about a year I had a fixed site and the client with Synergy were very good to me. I think if you show promise, put in the hard work and help out the company when requested you get the good sites and if you get on well with the client your set up. I found management to be very helpful and had a good relationship with them.
Pros
Good staff, made some great friends. Plenty of over-time.
Cons
Getting called on my days off to cover people who don't show up for work.
Not a bad company to work for, just don't plan on staying for too long. They promise the moon and stars yet never deliver, your opinions aren't valued at all.
Pros
Plenty of time off
Cons
The main one being lack of appreciation for work done..
The company does not organise work effectively everything is left to the last minute making the lives of staff very stressfull aswell as this staff work both days and nights and are regularly on call for both..
Holidays never approved, management dont listen to staff, long weeks, 11 days in a row for example with one day off in between. Some managers are ok, others arent, Paty is good, but long hours needed.
not good to work for, the pay is no good and the hours are very long. i wouldn't recommend working here if you are trying to move up the ladder or earn decent pay.
good place to work, just looking for something better now, not paid enought for the hard work we do there and constantly underpresure
Pros
car park
Cons
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Synergy Security?
I like working for this company. It is a safety place, good and rilable payroll They provide good support to their employees and the chances to move forward are good.
static security, cctv and mobile, observation and locking. Team work is very important, management excellent.Hardest part is 61km journey. more rewarding than operative, variety.
Pros
steady employment
Cons
distance to work.
I have a vast work history. Which includes operative on-line to fast pace. I am now working full-time security officer for both static and mobile duties which I do enjoy. A typical working day now is static work monitoring cctv on a large plant, followed by mobile patrol, security button checks in doors and out and general observation, reporting anything unusual, for example a gate open which is normally locked, this must always be reported.The management back up at head office is excellent and being part of a good functioning team is good and vital.The most enjoyable part of my job is its all enjoyable, but you must like what you are doing and I do. The hardest part is the journey, I live 61km away from the plant. Where I'm working and what I'm doing would be great if I was much closer to home .
Pros
Full-time employment in a nice company
Cons
Distance of travel