Talbot Group

Talbot Group Employee Reviews

Ireland2 reviews
Started my 1st healthcare job with this company ,they say if you can work with this company you'll work anywhere , I started in St Clare's and the progressed to Redwood another residential unit .The staff were very experienced and I was welcomed into the fold , I enjoyed working with the other staff members and every day was different.If you want a good grasp of a residential unit and it's workings this is a good place to start .
Pros
Free lunches, set rosters
Cons
Average pay
After Redwood, you can be certain that it can only be less work stress elsewhere. It calls to question if you are cut out for ID. Staff are same as everywhere, a mix of lovely people and slackers who manipulate their way out of work. Found the management Petty, vindictive and encouraging backbiting, gossip culture. That may have changed recently. They won't allow you to transfer to other services. CPD support is minimal. Salary was €12/hour and €13.50/hr on confirmation. It's client focused to a fault. The community residencies are good places to work and team work is excellent. PICs are very supportive and respectful. I found the confirmation process unprofessional and personalised. Your probation period can go on from 9 months to excess of 2 years without any particular reason.
Pros
Free lunch, strong experience with residential care
Cons
Management in Redwood unprofessional attitude (maybe not so in recent times 🤷