Talbot Hotel Carlow

Talbot Hotel Carlow Employee Reviews

Great work experience and training.
During a typical day I would seat any customers that came into the restaurant and offer them tea or coffee and show them where the food was on the buffet in the mornings. In the evenings I would take a drinks and food orders after seating the customers and then serve them their food. I would then clean any dirty tables after they left and reset the tables for the next customers. I would help clear all the tables at the end of each shift and help reset them for the next shift. We split chores between us such as hoovering the restaurant, polishing glasses and cutlery and setting and clearing the buffet.

Whille working at Hotel Talbot Carlow I learned:

. How to take orders from customers.

. How to set tables correctly for dinner and banquiting events.

. I developed good communication, organisation, and customer service skills.

. There was a brilliant bond between the staff and management and the restaraunt and banquiting events ran in a smooth and effective manner for the most part.

. The hardest part of the job would have to have been dealing with difficult customers and their complaints.The management were brilliant for assisting us in difficult situations and provided us with customer service training which I found very helpful and could apply it to everyday work.

. The most enjoyable part of the job , in my opinion was meeting new members of the public and the breif conversations I had with them while serving them. As time progressed I found it helped build my confidence and develop communication skills which in turn improved my customer service.

Pros
Exceptional bond between staff.
Cons
Extra work and effort not appreciated.
A nice and fun place to work
I love working for the Talbot Hotel. Staff are so friendly and flexible. I have made many friends and they support you overcomming obsticle's and training. I enjoy the benefit's that you get working for the business too. I have learnt to deal with difficult situations as they arrive. The hardest part of the job is dealing with difficult parents and children but the skill I have learnt through this is to try keep everybody happy. happy people , happy business. The enjoyable part of the job you get to meet lots of different kinds of people. .
Pros
free leisure centre
Cons
flexible hours