Tayto

Tayto Employee Reviews

Ireland40 reviews

Okay place to work

Lots of young people work there so you will make lots of friends but it can be tiring and staff benefits are little to none. 10% discount and lunches used to be 5€ in the lodge restaurant but no longer have this benefit.

Pros

Friends

Cons

Overall good place to work

Fun place to work. Admissions don’t get many hours compared to other sections. Good summer job for young people. However it’s usually very busy and fast paced during the summer. The staff are very friendly.

Pros

Good pay, free admission to park, staff are nice

Cons

Few hours

Alright

Working here was OK. Great for young people looking to fill up a summer, but nothing more unless you’re older than 20 and at that you’d want to be there for years for any sort of progression.

Bad management

Poor management as the higher management and departmental management are under qualified and lack professional skills. cliques form easily and rise to power.

Pros

Paid on time and consistent work

Cons

Zero job security and poor management

Good job poor management

Good summer job, good hours and pay is ok. Nice people staff are generally nice but management is not well run and created tension and arguments constantly.

Worked here for 3 summers and loved every one of them. Always something to be done and fast paced environment. There's a job there for everyone and can be moved to a diff department if wanted. Great to see the amount of teamwork put into making such a big and busy place run smoothly. Staff are always great craic and great staff nights out too during the summer.

Pros

Working outside, discounted lunches, really friendly staff

Cons

Management communication could be better.

I worked in the kitchen and it’s great the staff are amazing so is management. If you respect them they will respect you. Atmosphere working is great.

Pros

Free lunches, fun staff, good benefits, great management.

Over worked staff, Poor management, No days off

Fun job for summer time if you need money and don’t want to do anything else. I’ve had 60 hour working weeks and I’m only 17 which is so poor but that’s down to bad management. A lot of favouritism in some departments when it comes to rotas etc, it is nice in some places but working alone from days such as 9-8 can get tough. Also just another number to the owner of the park and couldn’t care less about staff well being. Also sometimes the roster for a working day might not come out until 9pm the night before. Happened a lot this year.

Pros

Fun, Sociable and full of students

Cons

Long hours, no days off, bad management

Fun

Tayto park was a really good place to work forTheir staff were so niceAnd everyone really got along as one big familyI’d recommend it it anyone looking for a good job

Pros

Friends

Good for students

Workers mainly students. Nice working outside during the Summer. Managers very political and unprofessional. Receive a lot of abuse from management and customers.

Very fun to work here.

Staff are very close and had a great summer with them. Staff are very kind and good fun. Hours in summer are long and you will get very little time off, however the great salary is worth it.

Fun and different

Working for Tayto Park was extremely enjoyable for me as they employed a huge amount of people of similar age to me whom I got along with very well. The work itself was enjoyable and relatively simple.

fun workplace

Its a great place to work for students and young adults, its very enjoyable and you will make friends for life without doubt. Management can be strict in some cases and the hardest part of the job is working long hours until you get a break.

fun workplace however very poor health and safety

really fun workplace but the salary is very low for the level of work you are expected to do, working in the adventure area was great fun however took a toll on everyone as very limited opportunities to go bathroom,can be left on your own in an area for extended periods of time with no radio or phone as phones were prohibited. overall a great place to work at the time but in looking back the management is terrible and health and safety for staff needs to be reviewed before someone gets hurt operating rides or lack of support during busy periods

Fun Workplace but can be very stressful

You will make friends for life at tayto park however management can be very strict over the smallest of things. On the busy days you may be working for 6 hours straight with no break and you'll be very busy. The job itself is actually quite fun if you have good customers and the job does pay well. And you will definitely get load of hours.

fun and busy workplace

fun people to work with excellent management every one takes time to understand and will listen to you. really good atmosphere around the whole park. really enjoyed my time here

Pros

discounts on lunch

Cons

Awesome place to work with fare rates

Very good place to work ,no stress no worries very nice colleges ready to help anytime only problem is that the summer season ends too early wish few more months

If you want a holiday job as a chef, this is the one for you. Frying chips doesn't need a brain or experience. Chips for 8000 people gets to you aventually.

Lost of variety, but be prepared for a challenge

During my time in Tayto Park, I worked two jobs. I was a Tour Guide during the first month before being moved to the position of Ride Operator (or Adventure, as it is referred to by the staff). The high seasons proved to be very intense and challenging, as is to be expected. While the Tour Guiding job was limited to June, it was very fulfilling and gave me great presentation skills. The role of Ride Operator was more challenging and demanding, albeit more stable and with better working hours. While my experience in Tayto Park was varied, I was happy to be a part of it. And with so many departments, there is much more to get out of it than I can discuss.

Productive and fun workplace

a very nice place to work great if your an outdoors person and if you are a person who likes to be on the more its great different jobs with in the job so something to suit everyone

Fun work place. Ideal for younger people

When I first started working In Tayto in 2011 I loved it. I was local enough to the park so I knew quite a few people working there (friends, Neighbours etc) It was a very chilled and fun work place. It's an ideal place to work for the summer but the only downside is you can't take your holidays in the summer season.

Pros

Lots of friendly co workers.

Cons

inconsistant hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tayto. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.8 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare Tayto with

Tayto reviews by location

Learn about Tayto in popular locations

• Tayto
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?