Teagasc

Teagasc Employee Reviews

Ireland25 reviews
Loved my team, great experience. Lots of interaction with others inside and outside of my immediate team. As much exposure as I needed and easy to talk to managers.
Teagasc is a very good place to work. With a great team of motivated analysts who all are very interested and know all the stuff required of them. Would highly recommend.
Working at Teagasc has taught me teamwork, time management and to respect every individual. Overall the workplace culture is really good and I loved my time there
As it was a good experience for myself as I am interested in working with animals, it was mostly office based which doesn’t interest me as much as a practical job would as I like to stay on my feet.
A very fun and interesting place to work. All the top level managers have open door policy so as to help you with any issue you face in the job.
The culture is really something to brag about, everyone is really friendly and helpful.
Pros
Good Food
Cons
Travel
Teagasc is an excellent place to work, with state of the art equipment and an excellent working atmosphere and very friendly co-workers. The hours are flexible too and the environment is not overly pressurised. However, the basic salary is pretty poor and there is little to no benefits or perks. Also, if you are employed on a medium to long term contract there is no guarantee of renewal; with very little job security given.
Very easy going place to work personal as a lab assistant. Colleagues made it all the easier. Consists mostly of students on PhD’s. Found it very easy to work within the workplace.
Great place to work. Tough and competitive environment, pity the long term career prospects are so few and far between and for only the chosen few. Great for CV.
Throughout the work day I had a copious amounts of tasks. tasks including: preparation of food, serving of food to the customer, use of the cash register, cleaning up of the kitchen and also porter duties.
Worked here with the FRS, The guys at the pig research facility were very welcoming and lovely people, the work was enjoyable and fun and kept me interested throughout my short stay..
There is a high level of research. There are greats laboratories very well equipped, but the best thing about this company is the work environment: Everyone wants to make you feel as comfortable as possible. There are a lot of PhD students from different nationalities and they want that all of them feel like at home.
Pros
Two breaks
Cons
The way to arrive there.
Only having a brief time period, workinh for nothing it was a pleasure to work there, lovely employees working there, all of whom were extremely helpful
Pros
Free Tea and biscuits
Cons
I genuinely enjoyed my placement and the opportunity to learn more about the scientific techniques your company is involved in.
This work placement opportunity taught me a lot about new analytical techniques that can be applied in numerous research laboratories and it has also broadened my understanding of real-life applications

I really appreciated how supportive and friendly you and your staff were. From your organization, I learned how to carry out extraction following a designated (SOP) on products that are not ready to be injected into a system. Also one of the newest things for me to experience was the solid phase extraction technique (SPE). The placement really helped me to decide on my future career.
Pros
analytical experience
Cons
Great place to work and my colleagues at Teasgac were helpful and friendly. The workplace was busy and the work was very interesting as it is a research facility.
I found Teagasc to be a fulfilling place to work. I availed of many opportunities for collaboration with other research institutions and with industry, nationally and internationally. I also availed of opportunities to develop my expertise and keep abreast of new developments. It was exciting to work with multi-disciplinary teams.
Pros
The challenge of scientific discovery, Excellent laboratory facilities.
Cons
Support services not geared to research lab
I have worked for Teagasc food research as an analyst of food samples that comes from local county councils. as a student in work placement i was given limited roles at the beginning of the placement. but as i developed more knowledge I was permitted to participate more and get involved in all different aspects within the company. except validation and accreditation work.

I took my work placement very serious because it counts towards my final year of my degree.

During my 6 months work-placement I have gained plenty of new analytical techniques and I became more capable of handling difficult laboratory applications.
Pros
long breaks
Good to work for, no problems would work for them again. Learned a good bit about forestry, my co - workers were friendly.
cette expérience était très enrichissante pour moi du point de vue scientifique et culturel. j'ai pu améliorer mon anglais pendant trois mois.
Working in Teagasc was like exposing me to science in the real world. Job duties include lab work, field work and report writing. Co-workers and supervisors are friendly and always willing to give a listening ear. Overall, it was a great experience.
Typical day was using PowerSoft Login software to check if the data monitored on the Dairy farm was recording. It was important to make sure electrical energy usage was recorded every 15 minutes from the farm that the meters were installed on. Reducing Electrical energy usage on the Dairy Farm was the aim. I learned in great detail how to save energy usage on dairy Farms in Ireland. The Hardest part of the job was working from the office all the time and not being able to see what kind of system the farmer had, which made it difficult to try and make savings by just an imagine created in my head. The most enjoyable part of the job was producing the savings which can be made, produced from the Excel model I created.