Teagasc

Teagasc Employee Reviews

Ireland26 reviews

great place to work

completed an internship here and learned a lot with good hands-on experience. The people here are great to work with and always willing to help. The only downside was working fulltime for free.

Enjoyed

Loved my team, great experience. Lots of interaction with others inside and outside of my immediate team. As much exposure as I needed and easy to talk to managers.

Easy place to work

Teagasc is a very good place to work. With a great team of motivated analysts who all are very interested and know all the stuff required of them. Would highly recommend.

A great place to work and enhance your knowledge

Working at Teagasc has taught me teamwork, time management and to respect every individual. Overall the workplace culture is really good and I loved my time there

Good experience

As it was a good experience for myself as I am interested in working with animals, it was mostly office based which doesn’t interest me as much as a practical job would as I like to stay on my feet.

Productive and Fun Workplace

A very fun and interesting place to work. All the top level managers have open door policy so as to help you with any issue you face in the job. The culture is really something to brag about, everyone is really friendly and helpful.

Pros

Good Food

Cons

Travel

Really nice place to work but salary and job security not very good

Teagasc is an excellent place to work, with state of the art equipment and an excellent working atmosphere and very friendly co-workers. The hours are flexible too and the environment is not overly pressurised. However, the basic salary is pretty poor and there is little to no benefits or perks. Also, if you are employed on a medium to long term contract there is no guarantee of renewal; with very little job security given.

Easy going and productive.

Very easy going place to work personal as a lab assistant. Colleagues made it all the easier. Consists mostly of students on PhD’s. Found it very easy to work within the workplace.

Great

Great place to work. Tough and competitive environment, pity the long term career prospects are so few and far between and for only the chosen few. Great for CV.

Great.

harmonious and fun workplace

Throughout the work day I had a copious amounts of tasks. tasks including: preparation of food, serving of food to the customer, use of the cash register, cleaning up of the kitchen and also porter duties.

Excellent, Genuinely lovely people

Worked here with the FRS, The guys at the pig research facility were very welcoming and lovely people, the work was enjoyable and fun and kept me interested throughout my short stay..

Cultural exchange at work

There is a high level of research. There are greats laboratories very well equipped, but the best thing about this company is the work environment: Everyone wants to make you feel as comfortable as possible. There are a lot of PhD students from different nationalities and they want that all of them feel like at home.

Pros

Two breaks

Cons

The way to arrive there.

Lovely Place

Only having a brief time period, workinh for nothing it was a pleasure to work there, lovely employees working there, all of whom were extremely helpful

Pros

Free Tea and biscuits

productive and challenging

I genuinely enjoyed my placement and the opportunity to learn more about the scientific techniques your company is involved in. This work placement opportunity taught me a lot about new analytical techniques that can be applied in numerous research laboratories and it has also broadened my understanding of real-life applications I really appreciated how supportive and friendly you and your staff were. From your organization, I learned how to carry out extraction following a designated (SOP) on products that are not ready to be injected into a system. Also one of the newest things for me to experience was the solid phase extraction technique (SPE). The placement really helped me to decide on my future career.

Pros

analytical experience

Productive and fun

Great place to work and my colleagues at Teasgac were helpful and friendly. The workplace was busy and the work was very interesting as it is a research facility.

Challenging and fulfilling workplace

I found Teagasc to be a fulfilling place to work. I availed of many opportunities for collaboration with other research institutions and with industry, nationally and internationally. I also availed of opportunities to develop my expertise and keep abreast of new developments. It was exciting to work with multi-disciplinary teams.

Pros

The challenge of scientific discovery, Excellent laboratory facilities.

Cons

Support services not geared to research lab

productive and strict

I have worked for Teagasc food research as an analyst of food samples that comes from local county councils. as a student in work placement i was given limited roles at the beginning of the placement. but as i developed more knowledge I was permitted to participate more and get involved in all different aspects within the company. except validation and accreditation work. I took my work placement very serious because it counts towards my final year of my degree. During my 6 months work-placement I have gained plenty of new analytical techniques and I became more capable of handling difficult laboratory applications.

Pros

long breaks

Good

Good to work for, no problems would work for them again. Learned a good bit about forestry, my co - workers were friendly.

Stage très intéressant

cette expérience était très enrichissante pour moi du point de vue scientifique et culturel. j'ai pu améliorer mon anglais pendant trois mois.

Great place to work.

Working in Teagasc was like exposing me to science in the real world. Job duties include lab work, field work and report writing. Co-workers and supervisors are friendly and always willing to give a listening ear. Overall, it was a great experience.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Teagasc. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.9 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare Teagasc with

• Teagasc
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?