Ted Baker
Ted Baker Employee Review

Friendly

13 October 2017
Very friendly place work. A great place to get experience with top brand clothing. conveniently located in the center of Cork City. A great place to work.
23 February 2018
Same role
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) - Ireland
At first the company seems great. Making empty promises and only offering assistance when it suits them.
Their Head office employees are probably the worst out of them. They offer training and say they will support you in your role but instead expect too much from their employees and when a problem arises they do not stand behind you , be it a customer problem or other.

The flagship store is one of the worst to be in, swiftly followed by the Brown Thomas concessions where you have other managers that input on your job. Not sure yet which is worse, your direct managers telling you what to do or having to conform to the Brown Thomas standards.

If any customer complaint comes through they usually just give the customer what they want despite telling you to stick to policy. (Making you look silly and the customer smug knowing if they scream loud enough they can have what they want)

The quality of their products quickly comes to light when working for the company . You see all the faulty returns on a daily basis. It is high street quality at designer price.

It is fine as a part time or weekend position but definitely not a company to plan a career with.
Pros
Uniform Discount
Cons
Working for an unorganised company that doesn’t pay well.
26 April 2017
Same role
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) - Limerick
I went into this job expecting a bit of organisation and professional ism- as one would from a designer brand. Initially I loved the job! My direct team were great and I had a (temporary) manager that cared about us.
However from the get go I could tell the organisational side of the company was not all it was made out to be. Over time I became more aware of the company beyond my direct team. This is where it all fell apart. They were stringing me along on my temporary contract, giving me mere days before it was up when they offered me a new one. I would ask on a near constant basis what was going on with it and get shrugged away. Eventually they let me go with 4 days notice leaving me struggling for another job.

Whilst working there it is easy to see that higher management are an absolute joke. Dealing with head office was a joke, they acted extremely unprofessional at times- ignoring emails about things they did not feel like discussing. I never received a terms of contract my whole 7 months working despite asking regularly if I could get one. I was told that Ted Baker don't give them out, which is ridiculous as in any job it is usually a basic requirement.

Even after finishing they are making my life difficult. They are dragging their feet and taking their time in providing me with things that I'm entitled to. All in all I would never recommend them as an employer- I loved my job and was made miserable by the company.
10 December 2019
Same location
Supervisor (Former Employee) - Cork
The manager at teb bakwr cork has a lot of personal isaues with multiple peraonality diaorswe ine say ahe is great next say ahe is very unstable absolute nightmare to work for would not wiah her on my worse enemy
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ted Baker. Our community is ready to answer.
Ted Baker Reviews by Location