TELUS Communications
How has this company responded to COVID‑19?
Learn more

TELUS Communications Employee Reviews

Showing all 1,731 reviews
Client experience work tasks are greatly varied. A typical day would consist of taking on a variety of calls, emails, chats relating to customer experience and needs or supporting the case agents helping said customers.
Pros
Good salary, benefits, employee purchase plans, pensions, etc. possibility of working from home
Cons
Too much tolerance for customer abuse towards frontline agents, Performance standards were subjective.
great place to work,Employee centric, good pay, great teams, loads of training opportunities, more opportunities to grow, not a lot of hand holding, mentorship not so great
I have delivered my best efforts in making my job responsibilities efficient and effective . The company is highly esteemed and reputed, although I have completed all my tasks to make it even better.
Pros
Free Uniform and I pad.
This job is a very good introduction to customer service. Recommend for anyone who can handle a fast-paced environment with lots of calls of various types. There is constant support from peers and everyone gets along well.
Pros
Full time hours and more, easy work
Cons
Shift times can be tough, 1030pm or 4am start timings most of the time, Can be very inconsistent, So you can work late shift one day then early the next day, Sleep pattern and general life outside of work easily disrupted, BUT still worth it once you get used to it and trading shifts is an option.
Not appointment . Not applicable . Not applicable. I do not wish to discuss this. Not sure why you are forcing me to type 150 characters when I have nothing to say
Good place to start out working for. It can get extremely busy working taking phone calls daily for 8 hour shifts. Good pay abd benefits. Professional setting. Training is good.
Telus has a great work environment. They are very collaborative in their approach and they pay fairly. Very open culture for all walks of life. I would highly recommend as an employer.
Pros
Strong leadership, Clear expectations, Paid fairly, great benefits
Cons
Best Canadian Company to work for. The company has wide opportunities and has good team culture.

To grow in ladder the internal recruitment is the best process and to learn new technologies they have wealth of sources.
Constantly putting bandaids on self-inflicted bullet wounds. Unable to admit, nevermind fix, systemic problems.
There was a culture shift away from making changes that enhance the customer and employee experience to one of constant cost cutting. Especially through automation. When evidence was brought forward about the fallout of automation leaders shut down the conversation.
Pros
Can't think of any they retained
Cons
Constant cutting means growing workloads you can't handle.
The company ethics and morals are great. The work-life balance is good, although you may have to stay extra hours sometimes (as in most jobs).

Colleagues are great and supportive for the most part.

Teamwork is emphasized and supported to the core.

The main issue stems from the fact that there are back-stabbers in the company. The company often conducts employee reviews, collecting information behind your back about you from both colleagues and supervisors.

This offers the potential for people who feel job insecure with lots of ammunition to have you laid off if they need to. The environment is competitive. You are pitched against your colleagues for performance and ratings.

The pay is decent, and the benefits are great.

If you intend to work at Telus, do what you are told. Keep your head low, and don't seek attention to yourself. Don't seek advancement unless you are absolutely certain you are more important than other colleagues looking for the same position.

Senior members of the same position often think they are above you, and make it known. Act as if they are, and never question them. They have the ability to make your life miserable, and get you kicked out within the span of a week.

Speaking from personal experience.
Pros
Free breakfast (sometimes), RRSP / TFSA matching. Group Dental, Vision, Medical. Decent pay. Fun job, always changing and challenging.
Cons
Always pushed to make sales, Monthly performance reviews, Deep scrutiny and micro-management in some aspects
it's a good place to work and will recommend people to apply for Telus jobs, i am not sure what else is can say, i thin overall i had a good experience
Pros
good company
Cons
lots of work
Was a great company to work for; though, the role I was in was either over-worked or under worked and not paid enough for the cost of living in the area. The sales targets were very annoying as well.
it is very competitive since it's commision-based and door-to-door sales. management not as ideal. the hardest part of the job is to be rejected a lot.
I worked as a contractor for TELUS Health. They asked me to perform tasks that I did not feel comfortable with. In response they utilized bullying tactics and attempted to solicit my complicity. This is a "friends only" club house and a toxic work environment.
Pros
Working from home
Cons
Disjointed teams, Leadership is lacking, Outdated technology, Paperwork
I should have know from previious experience with Telus employees in BC that it was a horrible place to work.
My direct manager had no knowledge of the work their Technicians performed and provided zero feedback before terminating me for in my opinion wasunjust cause.

Union politics are very prevalent with this company.
Pros
Interesting work
Cons
Poor management, union politics
Drama DRAma DRAMA, the amount of drama in a "professional" work environment is crazy and everyone is in their mid 30's. Highschool never ends. They expect so much of you and then throw you to the wolves. keep looking.
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything
Telus offers a safe environment for employees to feel empowered as sales advisors. It is great to be a part of a team and culture that promotes growth on a daily basis!
TELUS is an awesome company to work for.

They have a very strong team culture and are very goal oriented.

TELUS also strives to provide a great work environment for their employees.
Since organization is huge and also expectation can be changed easily, you need to be fast adapter to cope this situation.
There are times you feel suffer. But meanwhile they are fair employer in terms of employees health and benefits.
Management lacks vision in a very slow pace environment
confusion on how to plan, deploy or sell advanced technology solutions

salary is underwhelming and with no room for growth

career growth is very slow so don't get your hopes high in advancing
Spent 15 years at TELUS and will look back fondly on the time I spent there and the friends I made. The work life balance is excellent and opportunity to work from home or go into the office to work is definitely beneficial.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at TELUS Communications. Our community is ready to answer.