Tesco Employee Reviews

Found 417 reviews matching the search See all 13,552 reviews
Tesco Prescot dot.com
Dot.com (Former Employee) –  Prescote11 June 2019
Very bad management, They haven’t a clue what they are doing.
The driver assessment is a joke and he isn’t qualified to do the job.
Interview is a shambles.
The store just bounces along form one joke to another.
Pros
You get paid
Cons
Bad management
Intensive work
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Carrick7 June 2019
Learn how to work in team. Flexible hours Clean flors, shelves if need.Operate with cleaning mashine. Clean up spilliges and broken glass.Work together with TESCO administration and another workers.
Pros
Lunch breaks
Cons
Flexible
Stay away
Customer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Killarney, County Kerry25 May 2019
It was ok at the start but after a week I saw the true colours of management truly a terrible place to work but good pay I would suggest looking elsewhere for a job
Pros
Good pay
Buena
Planificador logístico (Former Employee) –  Dublin21 May 2019
Buen ambiente de trabajo y buenos bonos, igualmente la herramientas para desarollar el trabajo son excelentes.
Pros
Horas extras bien remuneradas
Cons
horarios
Great Place to work
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Dublin17 May 2019
Being positive can be just as infectious as negativity so empower your employees, particularly those that are already highly engaged, to share stories, exchange ideas and disseminate best practice across the organization. Collaborative spaces or project areas on the intranet is one obvious way to do so or use the staff newsletter, team briefings and meetings.
Fun Workplace
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dublin7 May 2019
Pleasant light work, nice atmosphere,working hours that can be modified, every year increases, bonuses . Always pay out on time. There was never a problem to ask for a day off .
every day like other no eskape
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  IE26 March 2019
job to pay bils no work fun or sense of importance always somebody know best hopless pointless day after day just to get to end of the week to get pay (minimum)
Pros
pay every week
Cons
management workload
Would not recommend
sales assistant (Former Employee) –  Cork20 March 2019
Worked for Tesco for nearly 20 years. Was great to begin with lovely staff and management. Would not recommend now as staff can be cliquey if your not in with the "cool" gang your treated like dirt get the horrible jobs and hours. Management are the same treat you like dirt and speak you like a child. Definitely stay away
Pros
Discount after 1year
Horrible environment
Customer Assistant (Current Employee) –  Dublin3 March 2019
I always had terrible experiences working here. Not being told what to do and getting screamed at for making a mistake. Pay is okay but it’s not worth it. I would never work here again. I would come home depressed every single day from the way my co-workers treated me. Even the managers constantly had an attitude and treated me as if I was a piece of dirt on their shoe. It was really upsetting to work here
Pros
Pay
Cons
Rude staff, poor management and training
Fun workplace
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Limerick25 February 2019
Same as I was in Dunnes, stocked and restocked the stock after a busy night. Long hours but very enjoyable as the work would keep you occupied for the whole working day
Pros
Gift vouchers and discount on shopping after 3 years of service at Tesco
Cons
Not so much cons as hours were enjoyable
Always a challenge
Tesco café waitress (Former Employee) –  Dublin24 February 2019
I loved working at Tesco there was always a different challenge ahead different approach everyday from management to customers even at difficult times
Pros
Great job
Cons
Salary
Productive and fun place to work
Store Assistant (Former Employee) –  Port Laoise, County Laois21 February 2019
Worked here for almost 4 years and made some lifelong friends, great place to work and options to progress further, wages are pretty good and there are saving plans and a store discount.
Pros
Friendly place to work
Cons
Possible long hours
Fun
Sales assistant (Former Employee) –  Westport, County Mayo15 February 2019
Hard managing work/life balance. Days can be long and boring or short and fast. More often then not its mot very busy. Management can be hard to find from time to time but are helpful.
Pros
Good money
Cons
waiting for days off
Flexible, fun workplace
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Limerick31 January 2019
I really enjoyed my time working in tesco. Management were friendly but also direct and straightforward on the tasks that were to be carried out from day to day. The hardest part of the job was supervising yet it was also the most rewarding and gave me an incentive to learn and progress within the company.
Pros
Accommodating hours whilst in college
Cons
Staffing numbers
Management Salary Issue
Department Manager (Former Employee) –  County Monaghan30 January 2019
Tesco was a frustrating place to work due to the fact the staff got better treatment than the managers. Management has little benefit in this day and age. Salaries were all different and individuals received more than others which is very unfair. The reason I left Tesco Ireland is because I was on a set salary and a manager who joined the company later than me received a higher salary than me even though i worked harder and had a lot more responsibility. When i looked for a raise i wasn't even entertained.
Cons
Mixed shifts
Basic
Sales Assistant/Cashier (Former Employee) –  IE28 January 2019
Tesco was the first main job for me. I did like it here but it was in my teen days so I did want to move on. People and staff were friendly but no room for growth.
Very productive and fun place to work.
Warehouse Assistant and Shop Floor Assistant (Current Employee) –  Galway15 January 2019
My typical day at Tesco would start with labeling trolleys. The trolleys would consist of 6 trays full of shopping. There would be up to 120-250 trolleys a day. (Depending on what day it is, some days are busier than others) I would then off load the trolleys and bring them out too the drivers for them to fill their vans. Sometimes i would be on the shop floor picking the the online customers shop depending on what time the driver is out at.
I learned how to lift boxes proberly, bending the knees and keeping your back straight. I learned how to work with customers and how to pull cages.
I think the management in Tesco are very fair in which they carry themselves around the store.
The worplace culture in Tesco is good, it is well organised and they try to change it up store to make it easier for customers and staff.
The hardest part of the job would be unloading the trolleys on dolleys because on a busy day there could be up 15-18 people picking shopping so it is difficult to keep up.
The most enjoyable part of the job is the staff enthusiasm. Everyone works well as a team and everyone helps each other out when in need.
Pros
Free/discounts on lunch, Management are nice people to work for.
Cons
Hours don't suit.
Good place to work.
Clerk (Current Employee) –  Donabate, County Dublin20 December 2018
I work whit this company about 7 years, and everything is going up I mean thouse thing like salary, quality of live, chance to grow up just need wish.
Pros
The food in canteen is not expansive.
Cons
Full time contract, many overtime hours by the wish.
A job that pays well
Customer Assistant (Current Employee) –  Ireland6 December 2018
Good place to work if you can deal with customers that think you have no life of your own and you're only there to be their *****. People that work for Tesco's around Ireland would surely agree.

Learnt how to work a old ****** til system that works time to time and self scanners that are so old that people from my store refuses to use them haha

The work staff are perfect, couldn't ask for a better group of people to be honest, some can be a pain in the *** but you quickly get over it and help them out with cover shifts when needed.

The most enjoyable part of the job is when you get to clock out and go home.

Don't get me wrong. I was on a 3 month contract then got extended by another 2 due to a new manager and after a month or so after the 2 months expired got told we're being kept on. I was expecting to be let go but glad they kept me on.

Working in retail has it ups and downs but just think of the wage. You get paid into your bank account every week on time what else can you ask for? better than being on the dole.
Pros
Wage. More hours/ Good mates
Cons
Customers (Rude)/ Unexpected shift changes/less hours
Good
Tesco tullamore (Former Employee) –  Tullamore, County Offaly22 November 2018
Good place to work if you enjoy customer service good opportunity to move forward here and become a manager very quickly didn't mind working here was a good place

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tesco. Our community is ready to answer.

53.8K