Tesco

Tesco Employee Reviews

Employment at tesco Limerick
Employment at Tesco Dooradoyle, the managers are very friendly, everyone gets paid the same regardless of your responsibilities, you will soon stop eating any food from the counters, butchery, bakery, fish or deli and witness the illusion given to customers that everything is fresh and clean by well trained staff, all training is provided and answers to tests given immediately, do not waste your time trying to prove yourself, you will just do everyone's work, the more you earn the less hours you will work, expect alot of slackers doing almost nothing and expecting the new staff to pick up the slack, management take no responsibility for complaints made about other staff, zero motivation to work harder, with zero rewards, expect 30 hours or less a week, and erratic hours, low motivation and lots to do with lazy long term employees around.
Absolutely awful!!
Saying one star is fairly generous as management are absolutely awful where I worked. Don’t care about the store of the employees, just the money that goes into their bank account every week. Did work experience for 7 months and I regret it! They used me at every opportunity to do stupid jobs nobody else wanted to do and hired underage relatives instead of keeping long-term staff. Stay away!
Not a bad place to work. As long as you keep yourself busy you have no bother from management. Hours are flexible and often extra hrs are available to boost your wage.
Productive and fun work place
It was a great place to work. I would recomand to change their contracts, because in my opinion 20 hours per week is very litlle.But people there are friendly and nice.
Tesco
I enjoyed working in this retail environment where there’s a vast range of goods and variety in the tasks assigned to you.
I liked to assist customers with queries in a helpful manner.
Not great
Management are completely for corrupt. They have favourites! They try to push people to the max and get some staff to cover multiple positions when they should just hire more staff! The pay it minimal but there is a wage increase which is about the only benefit. Would definitely not go back
OK for a first or last job.
Manager's work one weekend per month. Employees expected to work almost every weekend. There's a pronounced 'them and us' culture between managers and regular staff, yet anyone could be a manager in tesco as there's a blueprint for everything and they've little responsibility beyond staff rotas and delegating the workload. Many managers started off as regular workers yet have no empathy with staff below them whatsoever.

th think
Hardworking and underpaid
Worked to the bone, management take advantage of you, expect you to do extra hours every week and also come in on your day's off. I did feel it was good to work for at times, but I mean overall it wasn't worth it. Often I found our store understaffed and overworked.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Tesco?
Would not recommend
Store manager made me quit the job
Long buy easy days,

Team leader gives you days of when you need/ want off,

Free food at the end of the night,

The pay is 10.77 at the start.
Pros
Making friends and the team leaders
Cons
Store manager
Great Experience
I really enjoyed my time in Tesco. Great part time job to have. They paid well and was always on time. They were efficient and pleasant to deal with. No Complaints
ambiente laboral excelente
muy buen lugar para laborar, excelente campo para aprender.
Fast paced.
Every day it's busy, I learned work experience. The management is okay, the culture is always fast-paced and stressful. It's hard to work in the fridge. I enjoy interacting with customers.
Not good
Don’t mean to be offensive but if your Irish would highly recommend avoiding as a lot of the staff are foreign and would make you feel uncomfortable as they won’t speak English around you even though they are capable , extremely rude especially the girls in health and beauty , confidence knocker job
It was somewhat productive.
The mornings were very slow paced. Afternoon and around pm it got quite fast paced. Management wasn't great. Salary is normal. average. Nothing hard about the job.
A good wage, bad job.
Low staff morale, management do not care about staff. Work life balance is not important to Tesco. Good wage starting and does rise, there is opportunities to progress
Not enough hours
Hourly rate is higher for delivery drivers than regular "colleagues" but the hours aren't regular or sufficient, shift can change from day to day and it's rare to get two days off together. Colleagues are mostly pleasant and helpful.
Delivery driver Tesco
Driving for home delivery. Delivery runs planned but no enough time to get deliveries done on time always late returning to base resulting in delays for next driver. No real management with any cop on in delivery department a case of just do the job and don’t come back with any orders not delivered. I was based in Finglas and they were allowing me 20 minutes to get to Dundrum at 9 in the morning. Could not wait to leave. New guys always get late weekend and late shifts. Couldn’t wait to leave.
Productive workplace.
A very busy environment that was helped by such brilliant and helpful staff. I really enjoyed my time there. It was a fast paced environment and it really was rewarding.
Do as your asked to the best of your ability and you'll be fine. Management are very fair. Full training and induction at start. Fast paced so learn quickly
Pros
Excellent pay and benefits
Cons
Late nights. Early morning
Entreprise simple
Entreprise simple mais sans réelle possibilités d'évolution de carrière.
Shocking
Worked here for years and nothing ever changed, management never took anyone's advice into consideration. Rosters are monthly so was handy for plans in the future. Turnover of staff was shocking,new people every few weeks and people leaving every few weeks. Breaks are an hour and 15 minutes which was good. No matter how busy you were, most of the time you will be called to checkouts or else checkouts onto the floor even though that is not your assigned section. Won't miss working here at all.