Tesco Employee Reviews

Found 400 reviews matching the search See all 12,648 reviews
A job that pays well
Customer Assistant (Current Employee) –  Ireland6 December 2018
Good place to work if you can deal with customers that think you have no life of your own and you're only there to be their *****. People that work for Tesco's around Ireland would surely agree.

Learnt how to work a old ****** til system that works time to time and self scanners that are so old that people from my store refuses to use them haha

The work staff are perfect, couldn't ask for a better group of people to be honest, some can be a pain in the *** but you quickly get over it and help them out with cover shifts when needed.

The most enjoyable part of the job is when you get to clock out and go home.

Don't get me wrong. I was on a 3 month contract then got extended by another 2 due to a new manager and after a month or so after the 2 months expired got told we're being kept on. I was expecting to be let go but glad they kept me on.

Working in retail has it ups and downs but just think of the wage. You get paid into your bank account every week on time what else can you ask for? better than being on the dole.
Pros
Wage. More hours/ Good mates
Cons
Customers (Rude)/ Unexpected shift changes/less hours
Good
Tesco tullamore (Former Employee) –  Tullamore, County Offaly22 November 2018
Good place to work if you enjoy customer service good opportunity to move forward here and become a manager very quickly didn't mind working here was a good place
A whole new life
Customer Assistant (Current Employee) –  Swords, County Dublin9 November 2018
I have been working for Tesco for a year and a half. It has been a great place for me to work and after being at home raising kids for 15 years it was the perfect place for me to go back to the workforce. I have trained in a lot of departments and have met so many wonderful people. The management in my store are a great group who do everything they can to encourage and support you. Our store manager is very hands on and approachable. This job had given me a whole new life and I love working there.
Pros
Fantastic canteen. Happy working atmosphere and great benefits
Not so great place to work
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Waterford28 October 2018
No managerial communication,
not enough staff.
staffs contract hours being cut.
forced to work extra shifts with no warning
no advacnemnet oppotunites
Pros
no micro managment
Cons
poor salary, poor hours
Jack of all Trades
Shop Assistant (Current Employee) –  Ireland20 October 2018
I have worked in this company for over 11 years now and I can honestly say I have had my ups and my downs but this company has mostly satisfied my needs.
So one of the best parts of working with Tesco, as suggested above, is the amount of different jobs available to you in one place. Over the years I have moved around the store and worked in various locations with different responsibilities and expectations. I can honestly say by moving around I have learned quite a lot and a long the way I have met some wonderful people. I have learned a lot from them too but in all I found out my strengths and weaknesses as I progressed. Managers also support you in your roles as best they can and where ever they can. Another good thing about Tesco is the internal job opportunities. Tesco don't just focused on the assistants and leave them as they are, if these assistants believe they wish to progress or have been encouraged to do so by management, Tesco have their own management course, which they call 'Options' available to help you make that next step. You go through thorough training and several months of work experience along side actual managers in store before you a placed. Management give great support and allow you to find your feet. Another thing to mention in relation to working for Tesco is about pride. Tesco have done many great things for local communities including Food cloud and Blue token event, which is basically Tesco's way of giving back to the community. If you want to know more ask someone in your local store.
Last thing is about salary/wages. Tesco start you off on
  more... a very competitive wage, again speak to your local Tesco store manager. As you spend longer in the store more hours may become available. Pay rises may also become available over time.
This company has done well for me for so long and continues to help me strive every day. If you are looking for a stable job with good opportunities this is the place you want to be.
Pros
Great working atmosphere
Cons
Starting hours may begin from 20-25 hours a week
Enjoyable and educational
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Limerick15 October 2018
Excellent to work for if you want to work. Pays well well treated If u want to work.
A great way to mixed with person's of other nations as a great ethnic community at work there.
Enjoyable and Good insight into retail.
Customer Assistant (Current Employee) –  Maynooth, County Kildare10 October 2018
A typical day at work would involve me tagging and packing the electrical devices ensuring that they are security protected. Ensuring that the right prices are above the products so customers are not confused. Running back-stocks to keep the warehouse tidy and ensuring that the customers have all the products we have to offer out on the shelf and not in the warehouse.

In the evening I would then take in the deliveries and ensure that they are broken down correctly so that they are ready to be packed onto the shelves in the right section.

Management is very good, my managers enables us to do our work by placing trust into his employees that the job will get done correctly and on time.

Tesco's culture is a place for everybody to work. We don't discriminate against anybody and you can see that when you walk into a Tesco and see the amount of different cultures there.

There is no hardest part to the job, for being there for over 2 years everything comes easy now

Most enjoyable part of the job is the social part, at Tesco we have a good social group of people. In my Tesco we are nearly all students so everyone has the same interests and can get along very easily.
Pros
Benefits and rewards
Cons
Long, Tiring hours
nice place to work
STORE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Edenderry, County Offaly4 October 2018
Tesco edenderry was a good place to work,management were great,helpful and work colleagues were fun to work with.I worked the nightshift packing shelves tough going but enjoyable.
Pros
relaxed working environment
No opportunity
SALES ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Navan, County Meath1 October 2018
The job is suitable for those who want to work 20 -25 hr per week they would be students or people who has support from somewhere else maybe other job.
i worked in few departments at Tesco at the start i was working in bakery, systems,clothing currently working at the check out serving customers.
Great place to wotk
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Mitchelstown, County Cork25 September 2018
Loved working for Tesco Ireland great opportunities for every level of education.Very flexible for parents. Great work atmosphere and social life.sad to have to leave to care for my mother.
Pros
Staff discount
Cons
Great company to work for
Customer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Monaghan17 September 2018
Tesco is a great company to work for would gladly work for them again. Great pay great hours management are very reasonable and easy to approach if there is a problem.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
didnt find cons
It's an OK place to work
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Dundalk, County Louth14 September 2018
Tesco is a good place to work the staff are fantastic I have worked there for 13 years I am just looking for something more family friendly as I am a single parent
Pros
Good staff
Cons
Long hours no family time
previse worked
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Clane, County Kildare5 September 2018
I worked for this company for a long time and loved every day there I was there Iwas sorry to have to leve but wish I coude go back even for a short time that was one of the best places to work miss it so much
Pros
lounch ours are good
Cons
did not mind the ours
christmas work
Part Time Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dublin29 August 2018
I was only working for the Christmas I didn't know what the hours like I wondered go back but the staff are friendly and helpful and when I was there I only got hours for christmas
productive
Shop assistant (Former Employee) –  Dublin29 August 2018
very good with breaks, friendly floor staff met some friends for life within this company, unfortunately couldn't stay there forever with other job opportunities on the horizon.
Pros
nice canteens
Cons
10 oclock closing
It was good
Customer Care (Former Employee) –  Limerick23 August 2018
It was a good job for the period of time I worked there. I learned to be more of a people’s person as it was a big part of my job. I learned how to work with a schedule and take problems head on
Angry atmosphere
Customer Assistant (Current Employee) –  Ennis, County Clare14 August 2018
in my time at Tesco, i found that the management were very unfair against the staff who work there, A lot of staff hate Tesco. Some abusive behavior occurs in there.
Productive and a happy workplace
Customer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Clonmel, County Tipperary9 August 2018
I worked on the checkouts. I learned how to deal with customers in an efficient manner and to deal with stressful situations whilst remaining calm.Management was very good in Tesco. The hardest part of the job was when the queue got very busy. The most enjoyable part was helping customers and putting a smile on their face.
Friendly environment
Warehouse Assistant/Shop Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dublin7 August 2018
I learned how to face off and organize the stock in the shop,The hardest part of the job was facing off in time,The most enjoyable part of working their was lunchtime
Pros
long lunches
typical day
customer care and stocking shelves (Former Employee) –  IE6 August 2018
training mainly from documents. lovely staff to help you achieve your fullest potential while working there.

stocking shelves was my main task and everyday i would be given a separate isle or section that i would be responsible for while being called to the tills when necessary.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tesco. Our community is ready to answer.

53.6K