Here to help
Coronavirus update
Information from Tesco:

Tesco Employee Reviews

Ireland518 reviews
I worked in tesco for sum time which most of it i loved there was a trainee manager which the power went to there head and made my life hard hense i left tesco
Pros
Working with diffrent nationals and workong one on one with people from adult to kids
Cons
Sum staff are ovely more have no manners and shouldt be working on the front line
The management are brill in Tesco Cavan. The job I do is enjoyable and I intend to move up the ladder. The hours are good and works around family. The customers are always nice to us that's what you want in a job.
Pros
Good working relatuonship
Cons
A experiência de trabalhar no Tesco foi bastante rica para meu currículo, aprendi novas tarefas em uma cultura diferente da minha, novos métodos além de proporcionar o desenvolvimento da língua inglesa para estudantes internacionais.
Pros
Horario flexivel, descontos e jornada te trabalho tranquila.
Cons
Nao ha benefícios como vale transporte ou vale refeição, mas ha lanche no local.
learned a lot working there gained so much experience worked with great people. have worked in many areas in the company and enjoyed my last few years there.
Ruins your life big time. Dump yard company. Management r full of idiots. Raceist issues too much. Treats you like a machine. Never work for this company if you love your life.
Pros
You will feel good for few days
Cons
After few days you r trapped
Fun place to work. I have really enjoyed my time working here so far. I have made a few friends and generally i enjoyed my time working here so far. coming in for my shift at 11 pm is great because the store is closed and there are no customers around.
An organized market, full of plans for the client, always looking for quality, a safe and clean workplace, all very well organized and a fair payment.
my job would be 100% if it was just run properly. people skills would go a long way plus listening to better working structures and treating people better for better work output
Pros
week on week off contract
Cons
unifirms
I feel as I'm just over 3years there i have achieved alot. I eas given supervisor duties in march 2019 which i enjoy especially learning new skills etc
Underpaid, not enough to cover living wage especially during this COVID pandemic. Good place to work, nice employers. Management is stressed and uncoordinated
Trabalho bastante corrido e dinâmico, porém ambienta agradável para trabalhar.
Dia a dia bastante corrido e com muito trabalho, porém é uma boa empresa para trabalhar.
Managers there allow you to use your initiatives but are always around to support. It is a good place to work and earn competitive rates. The hardest part of the job comes when you have to work harder to earn more points for higher performance
Terrible management who do not treat their staff with respect. Creating an environment and conditions not conducive to an appropriate working environment.
Tescos is a good place to work if you’re friendly with the supervisors or the managers, only way of progressing is having a friend in management and if you don’t you’re treated very poorly. Roster will change constantly without your knowledge and you’ll be held responsible if you don’t know they changed your hours without informing you.
Started as a shop floor assistant, progressing to tills after a month r two. I was given the opportunity to work on the customer service desk, which I really enjoyed. Then I was promoted to the cash office team where I worked for 2 yrs.
Very bad place like a prison camp. Not recommened to anyone! Keep it place away. You are treated like a number in statistic not like a human. Nobody care about H&S
Good to work
Work life balance

Good management

Not stressful

Management very accommodative

High standard of staff consideration

No discrepancies with the management
Employment at Tesco Dooradoyle, the managers are very friendly, everyone gets paid the same regardless of your responsibilities, you will soon stop eating any food from the counters, butchery, bakery, fish or deli and witness the illusion given to customers that everything is fresh and clean by well trained staff, all training is provided and answers to tests given immediately, do not waste your time trying to prove yourself, you will just do everyone's work, the more you earn the less hours you will work, expect alot of slackers doing almost nothing and expecting the new staff to pick up the slack, management take no responsibility for complaints made about other staff, zero motivation to work harder, with zero rewards, expect 30 hours or less a week, and erratic hours, low motivation and lots to do with lazy long term employees around.
Saying one star is fairly generous as management are absolutely awful where I worked. Don’t care about the store of the employees, just the money that goes into their bank account every week. Did work experience for 7 months and I regret it! They used me at every opportunity to do stupid jobs nobody else wanted to do and hired underage relatives instead of keeping long-term staff. Stay away!
Not a bad place to work. As long as you keep yourself busy you have no bother from management. Hours are flexible and often extra hrs are available to boost your wage.