Tesco

Tesco Employee Reviews

Ireland615 reviews

Found 615 reviews matching the searchSee all 19,668 reviews

Money on time, salary is OK. Work colleagues are good. No problem with company. Can be hard work at times but not every day. Management is fairly good.

Awful Management, stressful and understaffed

Management is a joke. They expect you to do the work of an 8hr shift jammed into a 5 hour shift but refuse to give anyone extra hours. They don’t care about the well-being of staffs mental health. God forbid you are ever sick because you are constantly questioned about it and are made to feel like you are a liar when you are genuinely ill. The only positive thing is my colleagues who are all very lovely and without them I would have been driven mad. Every since I’ve started working here my mental health has taken a drastic hit, I’ve never felt so low in my life and have been made to feel like my feelings don’t matter. Legit had a panic attack at work and manger said it was “just hormones” and we all have days like that which just makes me feel even worse.

Great place 2 work

Great team at tesco also they are willing to go up the ladder to manager positions great place to work also they can work around your college life also you get loyalty card 10% off you shopping

Good money back 8 years ago

Used to pay well but not so much anymore.. good place if you want to advance to become a manager they used to give you the choice to do progress... Hours were never fair alot of late nights were done by the same people.

Worst job I ever had

Getting abused everyday by the managers that were always on some sort of power trip shifts were terrible would not recommend going near this tesco managers need to be changed

Friendly staff and management within the company

I have be very happy since I started working with Tesco extra. I love dealing with customers on a day to day running of the store and all the management staff and my work colleagues are very helpful and friendly Compared to other shops I've worked with in over the years Tesco Extra is by far the most amazing place to work in

It’s worth it

I had some great times and less great times at my 9 years in this company. If you’re given Opportunity to move up in there, take it. It has stood me in very good stead for other jobs. Each department is different and the staff on the whole are friendly, helpful and welcoming.

Nice and friendly environment

Was a nice place to work in. Staff friendly. Easy enough job and good enough pay if you stay there long. But many managers unprofessional and not many options for career growth. Uncompetitive pay if decide to progress.

Bad place

Hard workAlways being timedNo time to go for a bathroom break. No time for a water break. Not enough time to pick orders try your best not good, no thanks, very unrewarding job, very high turn over of staff.

The work is very repetitive

Very cold place to work at times the management have no time to get to know there staff, there customer service is none existing the company has a greater interest in the stock levels rather than their staff well being.

Pros

Good salary

Cons

Work load.

Wouldn’t work there again

Tescos as a company and in every store cause too much stress and anxiety for the little pay you get. The discount is nice though but as for everything else stay away

Great place to work, staff are friendly and helpful. Training is fully provided and uniforms are also given. Overall I had a good experience working with them.

Gone downhill

When I first started in Tesco I really enjoyed my job and continued to until the last few months. Managers became unbearable and everything became very toxic. People who put in the work were taken for granted and no thanks was given. I would still be in my job at Tesco if the management didn't become so bad.

Really nice to work for

Really really nice to work for, very accommodating, non judgemental, very caring , very fair, nice environment to work in, lovely supervisors and management. Very friendly, good fun

Pros

Very accommodating

Cons

Very short break

Not a job for the long term

Good craic

Great fun environment .fair pay . Good hours Good loyalty card offersProvide uniform.Canteen availableShifts are consistent.A lot of hours available

Friendly workplace

Busy environment no day the same in the ghs diver job . Can be physical loading and unloading of vans .will be based on good customer service helpful and friendly service. Can involve a lot of driving on some days .

Okay I guess

Just not a place to feel happy or safe. Staff are run ragged. Fair play to them for keeping upWith the demands. Not many hours available. A place where you wouldn’t progress.

Pros

Uniform

Cons

Horrible horrible place to work!

Horrible horrible place to work!! Very unrealistic expectations and they treated you horribly . Really traumatizing place to work! Don't work there horrible!

Pros

Local grand pay

Cons

Horrible people to work for!!

Fast paced

a lot of opportunities to step up. Good staff. Work becomes repetitive as you could be doing the same shift, takes pressure of you. Good discounts at Christmas

Pros

Good shifts.

Cons

Bad wages

Gold star

Excellent brilliant place to work good life balance free weekly shopping. Great benefits great colleges. Manager a pain but class overall very good ty

Pros

Free weekly shop

Cons

No toilet breaks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tesco. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.4 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare Tesco with

• Tesco
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?