Tesco

Tesco Employee Reviews for Customer Assistant

Customer Assistant7 reviews
Ireland7 reviews

Found 7 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,009 reviews

Good pay poor atmosphere for a workplace

Pay is good for someone starting out but not an enjoyable place to work at all. Mixed instructions from management and blame falls onto staff. Overall negative working environment

I enjoyed my time working with Tesco, I made friends that I still have today. Hours are flexible in most departments. Pay was also quite good. The managers were constantly changing though

Insights into Tesco

Areas for improvement
  • Support from manager
  • Energising work tasks
  • Ability to learn new things

Solid

Decent pay for job Every day something differentOffered advancements Support when sick.Great staffChange in the management approach recently 7.5/10

Busy

Its very hard work loved my staff makes the jobs a lot easier. Endless jobs to be done. Some manager lovely and easy to speak to others not so much. Expect a lot of hours and don't understand college work balance so much. Part time hours tend to be too much. But its handy for those that need the hours. Premium pay on Sundays and loads of areas to work in. Overall enjoyed working there not for those who don't like to be kept busy.

Grand place for a student

In the beginning, it was a great experience. I was meeting new people and learning new things. After some months, some managers start to use you. The harder you work, the more they take advantage. But this however is based on the manager working that day. Besides this, there is a great vibe and is a great place to work especially for a student.

Pros

Benefits and social interaction

Cons

Some Managers take advantage, some other workers are useless

25+hours in small shop in Quiet area

Job involved opening/closing shop, doing the bakery, cleaning, working at the checkouts, keeping the products faced, counting cash, taking in deliveries.

Supermarket

I worked part-time in Tesco during my college years and became full time after college to save for my New York move. The company was very flexible during my college years and were great to work for. My co-workers became close friends and the environment was relaxed but hardworking. The hardest part of my job would be the 4am start times but it was great to have your full day finished by 2pm. I was able to work on my commissions after work which was a great help with meeting deadlines.

Pros

Flexible hours, great staff and manager

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tesco. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.5 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement