Tesco Pay & Benefits reviews

Found 94 reviews matching the search See all 13,552 reviews
Intensive work
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Carrick7 June 2019
Learn how to work in team. Flexible hours Clean flors, shelves if need.Operate with cleaning mashine. Clean up spilliges and broken glass.Work together with TESCO administration and another workers.
Pros
Lunch breaks
Cons
Flexible
Stay away
Customer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Killarney, County Kerry25 May 2019
It was ok at the start but after a week I saw the true colours of management truly a terrible place to work but good pay I would suggest looking elsewhere for a job
Pros
Good pay
Fun Workplace
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dublin7 May 2019
Pleasant light work, nice atmosphere,working hours that can be modified, every year increases, bonuses . Always pay out on time. There was never a problem to ask for a day off .
every day like other no eskape
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  IE26 March 2019
job to pay bils no work fun or sense of importance always somebody know best hopless pointless day after day just to get to end of the week to get pay (minimum)
Pros
pay every week
Cons
management workload
Always a challenge
Tesco café waitress (Former Employee) –  Dublin24 February 2019
I loved working at Tesco there was always a different challenge ahead different approach everyday from management to customers even at difficult times
Pros
Great job
Cons
Salary
Fun
Sales assistant (Former Employee) –  Westport, County Mayo15 February 2019
Hard managing work/life balance. Days can be long and boring or short and fast. More often then not its mot very busy. Management can be hard to find from time to time but are helpful.
Pros
Good money
Cons
waiting for days off
Management Salary Issue
Department Manager (Former Employee) –  County Monaghan30 January 2019
Tesco was a frustrating place to work due to the fact the staff got better treatment than the managers. Management has little benefit in this day and age. Salaries were all different and individuals received more than others which is very unfair. The reason I left Tesco Ireland is because I was on a set salary and a manager who joined the company later than me received a higher salary than me even though i worked harder and had a lot more responsibility. When i looked for a raise i wasn't even entertained.
Cons
Mixed shifts
Good place to work.
Clerk (Current Employee) –  Donabate, County Dublin20 December 2018
I work whit this company about 7 years, and everything is going up I mean thouse thing like salary, quality of live, chance to grow up just need wish.
Pros
The food in canteen is not expansive.
Cons
Full time contract, many overtime hours by the wish.
Easy going place, with supportive colleagues
Finance Operations Analyst (Former Employee) –  Dublin11 November 2018
Well organised work structure, small company feel is all through. Can learn a lot about business and any particular department due to small size of organisation. Most managers are few steps away and doors always open. Positive culture. Fast growth for ambitious and hard working people. Salary and benefits is very much on low side.
Pros
Flexibility and exposure to projects
Cons
Salary and benefits
A whole new life
Customer Assistant (Current Employee) –  Swords, County Dublin9 November 2018
I have been working for Tesco for a year and a half. It has been a great place for me to work and after being at home raising kids for 15 years it was the perfect place for me to go back to the workforce. I have trained in a lot of departments and have met so many wonderful people. The management in my store are a great group who do everything they can to encourage and support you. Our store manager is very hands on and approachable. This job had given me a whole new life and I love working there.
Pros
Fantastic canteen. Happy working atmosphere and great benefits
Not so great place to work
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Waterford28 October 2018
No managerial communication,
not enough staff.
staffs contract hours being cut.
forced to work extra shifts with no warning
no advacnemnet oppotunites
Pros
no micro managment
Cons
poor salary, poor hours
Jack of all Trades
Shop Assistant (Current Employee) –  Ireland20 October 2018
I have worked in this company for over 11 years now and I can honestly say I have had my ups and my downs but this company has mostly satisfied my needs.
So one of the best parts of working with Tesco, as suggested above, is the amount of different jobs available to you in one place. Over the years I have moved around the store and worked in various locations with different responsibilities and expectations. I can honestly say by moving around I have learned quite a lot and a long the way I have met some wonderful people. I have learned a lot from them too but in all I found out my strengths and weaknesses as I progressed. Managers also support you in your roles as best they can and where ever they can. Another good thing about Tesco is the internal job opportunities. Tesco don't just focused on the assistants and leave them as they are, if these assistants believe they wish to progress or have been encouraged to do so by management, Tesco have their own management course, which they call 'Options' available to help you make that next step. You go through thorough training and several months of work experience along side actual managers in store before you a placed. Management give great support and allow you to find your feet. Another thing to mention in relation to working for Tesco is about pride. Tesco have done many great things for local communities including Food cloud and Blue token event, which is basically Tesco's way of giving back to the community. If you want to know more ask someone in your local store.
Last thing is about salary/wages. Tesco start you off on
  more... a very competitive wage, again speak to your local Tesco store manager. As you spend longer in the store more hours may become available. Pay rises may also become available over time.
This company has done well for me for so long and continues to help me strive every day. If you are looking for a stable job with good opportunities this is the place you want to be.
Pros
Great working atmosphere
Cons
Starting hours may begin from 20-25 hours a week
Enjoyable and Good insight into retail.
Customer Assistant (Current Employee) –  Maynooth, County Kildare10 October 2018
A typical day at work would involve me tagging and packing the electrical devices ensuring that they are security protected. Ensuring that the right prices are above the products so customers are not confused. Running back-stocks to keep the warehouse tidy and ensuring that the customers have all the products we have to offer out on the shelf and not in the warehouse.

In the evening I would then take in the deliveries and ensure that they are broken down correctly so that they are ready to be packed onto the shelves in the right section.

Management is very good, my managers enables us to do our work by placing trust into his employees that the job will get done correctly and on time.

Tesco's culture is a place for everybody to work. We don't discriminate against anybody and you can see that when you walk into a Tesco and see the amount of different cultures there.

There is no hardest part to the job, for being there for over 2 years everything comes easy now

Most enjoyable part of the job is the social part, at Tesco we have a good social group of people. In my Tesco we are nearly all students so everyone has the same interests and can get along very easily.
Pros
Benefits and rewards
Cons
Long, Tiring hours
It's an OK place to work
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Dundalk, County Louth14 September 2018
Tesco is a good place to work the staff are fantastic I have worked there for 13 years I am just looking for something more family friendly as I am a single parent
Pros
Good staff
Cons
Long hours no family time
previse worked
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Clane, County Kildare5 September 2018
I worked for this company for a long time and loved every day there I was there Iwas sorry to have to leve but wish I coude go back even for a short time that was one of the best places to work miss it so much
Pros
lounch ours are good
Cons
did not mind the ours
christmas work
Part Time Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dublin29 August 2018
I was only working for the Christmas I didn't know what the hours like I wondered go back but the staff are friendly and helpful and when I was there I only got hours for christmas
Friendly environment
Warehouse Assistant/Shop Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dublin7 August 2018
I learned how to face off and organize the stock in the shop,The hardest part of the job was facing off in time,The most enjoyable part of working their was lunchtime
Pros
long lunches
horrible place to work
General Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dublin23 June 2018
Too many managers trying to control departments they have no real knowledge of, staff are treated like dirt, the wage is actually alright once you get to the higher rate of pay, sadly it is near impossible to get more than 20 hours per week and its rare you now of your new shifts until a day before the new week starts
Pros
job requires no thinking
Cons
management
Good company, local managers need more training
Fresh Foods Team Leader (Current Employee) –  IE15 June 2018
Tesco is a good company to work for, good benefits and in theory good opportunities to advance. Managers in my store don’t seem interested in doing so. If my store was ran better it would be an excellent place to work
Pros
Excellent benefits
Cons
No interest shown by managers at a local level
Soul Sucking
Shop Floor Assistant (Former Employee) –  Drogheda, County Louth12 June 2018
If you just want to get paid, it's great. Any shred of humanity may be ripped from your soul by the management. The benefits are great and pay is reasonable.
Pros
Staff
Cons
Managers looking to move up in the company(This means most of them)

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tesco. Our community is ready to answer.

53.8K