Texaco

Texaco Employee Reviews

Ireland19 reviews
Good company for part time jobs ,not really developed any culture in the company to motivate new employees.i learnt customer service ,retail and fuel company strategies ,back of office jobs including managers tasks and learnt supervisions and also learnt how to engage with other employees to keep work place great .
Pros
Good company if you looking for part time job
Cons
not enough money
It was a work environment not created by Texaco HQ but by the men that ran it as a franchise. We worked under a culture of fear essentially in which almost all members of staff were fired for minor offences or nothing at all and contracts were rarely given out.
Usually my shifts are 9:00am to 5pm, all day I working with costumers, sales, till also car wash, store cleaning, shop must be clean and tidy for all costumers. I learned to serve costumers, receiving and order delivery and stocking up all products. In my opinion the hardest part of my job is responsibility for money but the most ejoyable part is working with cars,
Pros
Free coffe and tea
Cons
no chance to progress
The entry level has been very strong since I am in primary school and continues to grow each day with lots of entries coming in weekly. This is a great competition for children to showcase their art skills.
Every single day you meet new people
Enjoy serving people and having lovely conversations with them

Easy enough job for people who like to stay active instead of sitting around all day. Workplace is fair and gives holidays as entitled in the contract, same with wages, everything is the way it is supposed to be.
Pros
Very lovely staff and customers
Cons
pay for your own lunch everyday
As long as I've worked in Spar, I've been treated extremely well. I'm allowed to be myself which makes both the customers and I comfortable. My co-workers are good fun and always work to the best of their ability, going above and beyond to deliver great customer service.
decent place to work

early starts at 7am

manual handling required

no staff discount

all the staff are decent people from all walks of life
Pros
flexible
Cons
early starts
I am hardworking, willing to learn new things all the time and enjoy working as a team. I am very fast at learning, i always like to be busy and meet new people.
My experience with Texaco, it was a great company to work for. Really sad when I lost touch with my work mates.
My happiest was when I started work, and dealing with the public.
Cons
standing in the rain getting treated like dirt and getting payed peanuts to fill peoples vehicles with fuel and checking there cars tyre pressure. and cleaning flys of there windscreens
Pros
wages
Cons
poor working environment
I enjoyed working there management was so professional and friendly,team very cooperative coordinative ,everyone always give a helping hand to each other,great customer service,had so many regular customers who enjoyed to come to our placr every day cause of great customet service and food,and reasonable fuel prices
Pros
Free coffee tea
Cons
No minuses
Always made a list of my daily tasks, and there were many things to do.
I always remembered that the customer was no.1 priority, only for them we would not have a job to go to each day.

Hardest part was I felt that I could never advance or progress in my role.

The best thing about working in Texaco were the local customers- they became family. We all knew each other like brothers and sisters, especially after 10 years. I miss that.
Pros
first to hear about great deals
Cons
could be called in on your day off
wasn't a bad place to work but the hours wasn't the best
tills and deli experience

opening and closing deli

stocking shop

cleaning etc
worked alone. Management very considerate nice to work for. Shifts were difficult early starts late closing. Friendly customers.
Pros
friendly customers - regulars
Cons
Newspaper returns
During my short time with Texaco as deli assistant, i have learned a lot of things in the fast food department. About hygiene, preparing hot as well as cold food, team work, customer services, responding to the daily task as supervised by the management and cleaning at the end of the shift.
it was alirght, you meet new people everyday and aslo help them. the hardest part was standing in the cold and rain. the co workers was good.
Pros
free tips
Cons
standing in the cold
The staff were hard to get along with, management was okay. Hardest part was the busy times in the shop and the most enjoyable part was dealing with customers.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Staff are hard to get along with
Deli opening, putting food to cook, preparing food counters, getting ready for the day. Serving clients providing them the best tasting food and kind,friendly service. Cleaning deli meantime and preparing products for the next day.
I learned to be fast, to have responsibilities, how to better communicate with customers and team I worked.

Management was always strict but kind.

Co-workers at that time was very nice girls, easy to work with had a great team-work.

Hardest part of the work was heaving lifting of pots and boxes. At summer time hotness because of the ovens. At lunchtime when busy very long Q's so had to run and be able to serve, cook, prepare and clean at the same time.

I enjoyed providing great food and friendly service to our customers.
Friendly co-workers, great managers. Hardest part of work - keep busy when day is quiet. Most enjoyable - nice chats with co-workers and managers.
Pros
tips
Cons
hours depending on the weather