The Book Haven

The Book Haven Employee Reviews

Ireland5 reviews
A challenging and rewarding experience in which I learned valuable clerical skills, including opening and closing the store, ordering and distributing stock, handling payments, receipts and returns, and cashing up at closing time.
the boss said I wasn't entitled to minimum wage at 18 because I hadn't worked full time for 2 years.

I was getting paid 6.70 an hour. there was a member off staff who was old and grumpy and only there because she was part of the furniture
very flexible worked in all different areas staff and management very nice very busy during summer months great to get started again after gap in employment
It's the best place to work. The employees are friendly. Clear instructions are given on the first day. The tasks to be performed are easy, but can be monotonous sometimes.
Pros
Great staff
Cons
Monotonous
The Book Haven is primarily a school book store and is extremely busy during the summer months supplying books to schools and to the general public. Web orders had to be downloaded and prepared for delivery, customers orders had to be prepared and checked through the till, children had to be assisted when picking the colours and type of stationary etc. The team were all very hard working, and ultimately just wanted to do their job. The management were there if we needed them and let you get on with doing your work. I really enjoyed meeting people in the shop and there was a particular sense of satisfaction when a long queue of customers were finally dealt with and all gone home satisfied with the service provided.
Pros
Gained alot of retail experience
Cons
Summer months only
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at The Book Haven?