The Book Haven Employee Reviews

3.4Job Security & Advancement
worked for under minimum wage at age of 18
General Operative (Former Employee) –  Ashbourne29 October 2019
the boss said I wasn't entitled to minimum wage at 18 because I hadn't worked full time for 2 years.

I was getting paid 6.70 an hour. there was a member off staff who was old and grumpy and only there because she was part of the furniture
Flexible place to work
Supervisor Picker /Packer (Summer Contract) (Current Employee) –  Ashbourne, County Meath29 September 2019
very flexible worked in all different areas staff and management very nice very busy during summer months great to get started again after gap in employment
Great fun and experience
Sales Assistant (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  Dublin6 July 2017
It's the best place to work. The employees are friendly. Clear instructions are given on the first day. The tasks to be performed are easy, but can be monotonous sometimes.
Pros
Great staff
Cons
Monotonous
Very busy with a good working atmosphere
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ashbourne, County Meath25 April 2017
The Book Haven is primarily a school book store and is extremely busy during the summer months supplying books to schools and to the general public. Web orders had to be downloaded and prepared for delivery, customers orders had to be prepared and checked through the till, children had to be assisted when picking the colours and type of stationary etc. The team were all very hard working, and ultimately just wanted to do their job. The management were there if we needed them and let you get on with doing your work. I really enjoyed meeting people in the shop and there was a particular sense of satisfaction when a long queue of customers were finally dealt with and all gone home satisfied with the service provided.
Pros
Gained alot of retail experience
Cons
Summer months only