The Estée Lauder Companies Employee Reviews

Found 6 reviews matching the search See all 1,735 reviews
Managers need a work phone!!
Business Manager (Former Employee) –  Dublin4 June 2019
Enjoyed my time there, however men get paid more than women, as a manager I seen this happen on many of the brands. Hard to advance past counter manager role. Sometimes targets ridiculously unachievable
Expected to do so much paper work but not giving facilities to do so, I.e laptop, phone etc
More and more is asked of you every month I.e control Instagram pages but do not get extra pay
Pros
Spc
Cons
Retail hours, bad pay, and having to use your personal phone for absolutely everything. I.e workplace, insta etc
Worst company ever
Past employee (Former Employee) –  Smashbox21 July 2018
The Unprofessional people that call themselves your area manager are not supportive , have horrible cliques with staff, only like you if you have an Instagram following , would not recommend, got bullied out of my position, absolutely no pros and they hire people who have absolutely no make up skulls or qualifications , you need not go to college to study makeup. A horrendous time with them.
Cons
A customer orientated and environmentally friendly hard working position
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Cork31 January 2017
In Aveda a typical day would consist of making a herbal fresh tea for the customers first thing in the morning which would be offered before any communication is made.

The makeup, hair and the product shelves would be cleaned and the till cashed for the day ahead.

During the day link selling, dry hair stylings and quick makeup fixes were done to guarantee a five star customer service.

It was always a fast paced busy place to work at as there would always be something to do or bookings to follow up on.

The management aided with clienteling the customers appointments to guarantee an efficient customer service.

The environment Aveda provided was almost detached from the rest of the department store which is what made it so unique.

It was a place of peace, calm and solice where anyone could come into browse and relax if even for just five minutes of their time.

The hardest part of the job was the beginning when I had to use the newly learnt skills like hair styling and makeup artistry on my customers.

The most enjoyable part of the job was when I got to get frequent customers coming back for more appointments specifically asking for me.

It was a great feeling and very motivating
Pros
The customers, The mission of Aveda, The products
Cons
The pay, The hours
Lovely family company
Make up consultant (Former Employee) –  Dublin23 January 2015
The training you receive is fantastic.

your area manager is always available and on call, so great support.

The hardest part, is it is not busy
Pros
The allocation
Customer Service
Sales Expert (Former Employee) –  Dublin (Airport)16 October 2013
Lauder focus on customer experience from start to finish. Highly competitive sales driven environment.