The Estée Lauder Companies Employee Review

View all The Estée Lauder Companies reviews

A customer orientated and environmentally friendly hard working position
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Cork31 January 2017
In Aveda a typical day would consist of making a herbal fresh tea for the customers first thing in the morning which would be offered before any communication is made.

The makeup, hair and the product shelves would be cleaned and the till cashed for the day ahead.

During the day link selling, dry hair stylings and quick makeup fixes were done to guarantee a five star customer service.

It was always a fast paced busy place to work at as there would always be something to do or bookings to follow up on.

The management aided with clienteling the customers appointments to guarantee an efficient customer service.

The environment Aveda provided was almost detached from the rest of the department store which is what made it so unique.

It was a place of peace, calm and solice where anyone could come into browse and relax if even for just five minutes of their time.

The hardest part of the job was the beginning when I had to use the newly learnt skills like hair styling and makeup artistry on my customers.

The most enjoyable part of the job was when I got to get frequent customers coming back for more appointments specifically asking for me.

It was a great feeling and very motivating
Pros
The customers, The mission of Aveda, The products
Cons
The pay, The hours

Other The Estée Lauder Companies Employee Reviews

Managers need a work phone!!
Business Manager (Former Employee) –  Dublin4 June 2019
Enjoyed my time there, however men get paid more than women, as a manager I seen this happen on many of the brands. Hard to advance past counter manager role. Sometimes targets ridiculously unachievable
Expected to do so much paper work but not giving facilities to do so, I.e laptop, phone etc
More and more is asked of you every month I.e control Instagram pages but do not get extra pay
Pros
Spc
Cons
Retail hours, bad pay, and having to use your personal phone for absolutely everything. I.e workplace, insta etc
One word. Apply!
Smashbox (Former Employee) –  Limerick30 September 2018
Estèe Lauder were the best company i worked for. The perks are amazing, they support their staff and are so thoughtful of events outside of work. If you get the opportuniry to apply id highly recommend it.
Pros
Work life balance
Cons
No room for growth

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Estée Lauder Companies. Our community is ready to answer.

The Estée Lauder Companies Reviews by Location