THE GLENEAGLE HOTEL

THE GLENEAGLE HOTEL Employee Reviews

The job was okay. I dint really like the hours as I worked from the evening time till around 1 or 2 sometimes 4 o'clock in the morning. However, the pay was good and most staff were friendly and helpful.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Poor hours
Come in the morning and get the set up ready for the day for customers, polish all your condiments and all to needed cutlery for customers and all glasses polished. Management is great .
Working at the Gleneagle can be tough, especially on big events. One moment you can be doing one thing, the next you can be doing several jobs at once. However, you will have a good team behind you to help. The hotel itself is not too bad, it’s a medium-large size hoteL with plenty of rooms, so be prepared to learn where rooms are and a lot of walking. You will encounter mostly older guests but the hotel does cater to all age groups. You’ll also be at the INEC which has a lot of shows and events on which can make things very busy. Not everything is all sunshine and rainbows at the Gleneagle though. You must be able to keep up with the most experienced and learn fast. While there is a good team behind you, you will encounter times that’ll be physically and mentally stressful if you are new to the industry. You’ll also sometimes have pressure put on by managers to be more efficient and quick which can make you feel like that things go south when you are finding the job difficult. One of the biggest downsides of working here is that it’s essential to get on with everyone. If you don’t make friends or get on with people, you will find things very hard. Some managers are better than others, some may favour others over you, and some will come across awful to work with. You’ll need to suss out people and know how to be able to work with them. If you can hack it and make a good impression, you’ll sure be able to make your career here a good one. You have decent staff benefits including use of the Aquila Club, and discounts on the hotel. If you are starting out in hospitality I wouldn’t - more...
its a good place for a short time job like if you were on a summer trip to Ireland for a few months other than that no. there is also 2 or 3 managers there that are on a serious power trip treating people like dogs.
Pros
meet people from everywhere
Cons
management
Workdays are long but the staff morale is great. It was my first job and I learned a lot. Management are respectful and kind and treat you justly. There is a great atmosphere in the hotel and everyone wants to do their best
Pros
Good environment
Cons
Buen ambiente de trabajo, aprendizaje diario y trabajo duro
Everyone is very nice to get a long with. Able to go to manage when need anything. It is a very demanding job and can be quite intense at times. My time management however has gotten a lot better.
nice place to work, staff and management were great. Just no loyalty to the staff, not willing to try and keep staff. While working there you will have a great experience
Pros
Nice people and the food was nice
Cons
no loyalty to the staff
Very organized and motivating place to work and gain new experiences. A pleasant and positive environment with people oriented to the customer and the employee. Physically demanding, but ultimately satisfactory job.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at THE GLENEAGLE HOTEL?
the management and co-workers are brill in this hotel the hours are long and hard but sometime enjoyable there are lots of show on at the INEC
Pros
the people
Cons
a great and fun place to work.I had 12 Years in the Glen and I enjoyed every minute of it. large hotel with big business volume there is always something to challenge yous skil.I learned a lot there and My reason for leaving the gleneagle hotel is due to plan to move to a different city and expand the existing skill to the next level.
Pros
free meal and leisure center use