THE GLENEAGLE HOTEL
THE GLENEAGLE HOTEL Employee Review

a great place with multy cultural environmet fun place to work

8 October 2012
a great and fun place to work.I had 12 Years in the Glen and I enjoyed every minute of it. large hotel with big business volume there is always something to challenge yous skil.I learned a lot there and My reason for leaving the gleneagle hotel is due to plan to move to a different city and expand the existing skill to the next level.
Pros
free meal and leisure center use
25 March 2020
Bar Staff (Former Employee) - Kerry
The job was okay. I dint really like the hours as I worked from the evening time till around 1 or 2 sometimes 4 o'clock in the morning. However, the pay was good and most staff were friendly and helpful.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Poor hours
26 February 2020
Food and beverage assistant (Former Employee) - Killarney, County Kerry
Come in the morning and get the set up ready for the day for customers, polish all your condiments and all to needed cutlery for customers and all glasses polished. Management is great .
4 December 2019
Night Porter (Former Employee) - Killarney, County Kerry
Working at the Gleneagle can be tough, especially on big events. One moment you can be doing one thing, the next you can be doing several jobs at once. However, you will have a good team behind you to help. The hotel itself is not too bad, it’s a medium-large size hoteL with plenty of rooms, so be prepared to learn where rooms are and a lot of walking. You will encounter mostly older guests but the hotel does cater to all age groups. You’ll also be at the INEC which has a lot of shows and events on which can make things very busy. Not everything is all sunshine and rainbows at the Gleneagle though. You must be able to keep up with the most experienced and learn fast. While there is a good team behind you, you will encounter times that’ll be physically and mentally stressful if you are new to the industry. You’ll also sometimes have pressure put on by managers to be more efficient and quick which can make you feel like that things go south when you are finding the job difficult. One of the biggest downsides of working here is that it’s essential to get on with everyone. If you don’t make friends or get on with people, you will find things very hard. Some managers are better than others, some may favour others over you, and some will come across awful to work with. You’ll need to suss out people and know how to be able to work with them. If you can hack it and make a good impression, you’ll sure be able to make your career here a good one. You have decent staff benefits including use of the Aquila Club, and discounts on the hotel. If you are starting out in hospitality I wouldn’t - more...
Ask a question about working or interviewing at THE GLENEAGLE HOTEL. Our community is ready to answer.
THE GLENEAGLE HOTEL Reviews by Location