The Home Depot

The Home Depot Employee Reviews

Showing all 59,238 reviews

No work/life balance, but decent people and pay

Home Depot paid pretty decent during my time there, but in my position there was no way for me to have a set or somewhat consistent schedule, which led to numerous shifts ping-ponging from starting at 5am to 9am, or closing with no real reason. Management was pretty good at my location and seemed to care about the people if you were doing your job right. Not a bad place to work, but not a long term one for me.

Pros

Decent people and pay.

Cons

unpredictable schedule, coverage

Good only if you need a job quickly

Not a long-term career investment. Roles are not defined, mgt is never available, pay is below poverty level. Lots of new hires are students with very limited schedules, putting those with families on duty with no work life balance. No support by mgt with customers who are out of control. No security to ensure safety of employees, even when asked. Language used by employees is inappropriate. Those in lead and supervisory positions do not assist with new hires. They pass it off to seasoned employees to train. Safety standards are not a priority. When brought to the attention of a senior member, it’s given little to no immediate concern and change.

Great place

Home depot is a great place to work, I would recommend working here over any other retail location, they take care of their employees with stock sharing and paid time off

Over work

Can actually I'll be it's not a home Depot it's the people you work with sometimes it's the manager too but they do have a good culture you can move around you know from position to position so home Depot is a good place to work

Pros

They do have a good culture there is positive that's more positive than negative about home Depot

Cons

They do give you a lot of work they do keep you busy

Consistent scheduling

Full time employees have a set time of day schedule, but days of the week change. Fair pay for new employees. Great medical, dental and eye care plans.

Pros

Employee safety

Cons

Micromanaging

Advancement

You can move up quickly in the company if you do your job and create a work relationship with supervisors. They have round tables where they discuss who would be great in a leadership position

Te home depot es una gran empresa llena de oportunidades

Tengo una opinión muy favorable para the home depot, es una gran empresa que permite aprovechar muchas oportunidades de desarrollo y crecimiento en corto y mediano plazo,tienen reglas y capacitación constante para desarrollar muchas aptitudes que incluso pueden ser aprovechadas fuera, yo trabajé en esta empresa y estoy muy seguro de lo que digo, incluso me gustaría volver.

Pros

Prestaciones mayores a las que indica la ley, seguros de vida, caja de ahorro voluntario, vacaciones, aguinaldo, utilidades, préstamos ayudas extras por emergencias familiares etc.

Cons

No encuentro.

Some good tasks to accomplish, but your experience may vary due to management

Positives:-Coworkers were nice to work with, it made the job more engaging-My section's leader was great, he gave out fair tasks and expectations for me and group -The job gave good experience, with regards of operating machineryNegatives:-The upper management made some questionable decisions, which weren't necessary-Short staffing was an issue, as tasks couldn't be completed on time-Morale decreased due to store management

Not what they portray

The wearhouse in ga is not a good rep for most they don't work with your schedule or consider that you have a life outside of the job. We never have enough workers to work the process,and they make the night shift finish up the work day shift leaves with no repercussions for them not finishing their task for the day. Idk about the store side but the wearhouse needs to re adjusted oh how they treat ppl and there operations managers are never there when you need them. And they will not take in consideration that if you have a problem they just say ok we will handle it but don't and don't want you talking to HR about anything

fun and family oriented

i love it. the benifits are awesome the people is awesome 👍the management is awesome. they work around your schedule . you learn alot. the people help you . my co workers are amazing . drama free. lunch room is big . lunch time u you have choice of an hour or half an hour. i love working here . 3 weeks in and im employee of the month . yes me. hard work pays off.

Different then other warehouses.

Home Depot is focused on home life as well as your career. This I appreciate. It’s a place you’ll have to see if you fit for yourself. It’s not a place for everyone but it’s a good opportunity for the right person.

Awful Management

Pay is great, but it’s only great if you ever get more than 22 hours. Coworkers are fantastic most of the time, and everyone seems to get along. The big issue is the manager(s). They are very quick to shout out orders, but RARELY, if ever, step in and help their employees. You are expected to get all of their work done while they shout out more orders. There is also a lot of obvious favoritism around the store. You’ll see employees get scolded multiple times a day for having a work-related conversation with their customers and/or coworkers rather than ignoring the customers and working on one of the multiple projects they give you within your short shift. And if you don’t get these projects done within their tiny window of time? You better expect cut hours and plenty of attitude. It’s seems as if the focus is more on these tasks than customer service, which they claim to have pride and confidence in. Supervisors will give out specific plans throughout the day, and then Assistant Managers come by and tell you that the plan is tossed and you’ll be doing what THEY want. So then you’re stuck between a rock and a hard place, choosing whom you’d rather be yelled at by the next day. Supervisor or Manager? There is a very clear lack of communication within management, and they’re all very unpleasant to work for.

Good job, boring, good people

It was a great job, the only issue being the mind-numbing boredom and hatred for customers that slowly grew in my mind. Made amazing friends and with them, work was really fun

Excellent work environment, exhausting workload

Managers and supervisors are very kind and understanding; they are always very patient, especially with new hires who have little to no experience. My coworkers are incredibly friendly and make me feel respected and valued. The manual labor is very strenuous and exhausting, though, and not worth the extra benefits. (This is just my personal weakness.)

A Lot of Standing on Concrete Floor

A lot of lazy young people employed at HD. The people that work the hardest are always asked to do more tasks. Sometimes when you look around and see lazy people doing nothing, you will become frustrated and mad..

Pros

Free food /Bonus Twice a Year

Cons

Long hours of standing on your feet, Working every Sunday

It’s a warehouse job

Honestly, i think every warehouse is different, but the one i worked in was probably one of the most preferred of places to work.Pros:•Great pay•Safe work environment (for a warehouse)•Has a very welcoming culture among co-workers•Great workout•They genuinely care about your physical well being.•40 minute paid break every day.Cons:•Only 10 hour shifts are available.•Awful schedule for work life balance, forget having a life outside work. No matter when you work, you’ll be sleeping while everyone else is awake and you’ll always be working when you’re awake.•If you struggle to keep up with their systems minimum requirement for how fast you load the truck (a fair amount every 5 minutes), they’ll make sure you know in the most passive agressive way (for a while).•Like most general labor work, you’re easily replaceable to them. They’ll work with you on any problems you have, but they won’t genuinely care.•Bi-weekly pay. If you sign on in the middle of a pay period, you’re waiting 3 weeks for your first paycheck.Overall, if you like warehouse work, this is the place to go. If you’ve never done warehouse work before and strongly care about having a social life outside work, i strongly recommend another industry entirely.

Great job for balancing work and your personal life

Loved the hours I had working as a merchandiser. Most of the people I worked with seemed fairly nice. Overall I’d recommend this job to just about anyone.

Fun to work because of the people

the coworkers made it a fun and enjoyable experience as it made the day go by faster. Management was almost non-existent as favoritism was rampant. The department supervisors were the backbone of the store as they were the ones running the store.

Pros

large break room, coworkers

Cons

constant calling out, management

stressful place to work while you in college

bad work environment the employees run the store the manager's don't help other employees the only thing they do is complain on employees about how they don't know how to do their job because the manager's don't teach them

Great company

Great company gives you the opportunity to grow. Building Relationships and New opportunities that the company has open.They also train you for your next role.

Pros

The ability to grow.

You'll be worked

It's like a combination of factory work and retail. Just as disorganized as both; the positive workplace atmosphere is ALMOST worth the low pay for hard work.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Home Depot. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.3 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement