The Irish Times

The Irish Times Employee Reviews

Ireland5 reviews
A great place to work, colleagues are invested in the success of the business, management focus can get pulled in different directions sometimes especially during pressured months but overall some very clever people behind the scenes here.
Old fashioned, lack of job security
If you're ambitious in the area of software development this is unlikely to progress you much

Company seniors can be controlling and domineering - very similar culture to a call centre in all areas
Really friendly staff, full of talented and creative individuals who are trying hard to re-shape a 160 year old print media company into a modern digital entity.
Pros
Excellent holidays, Good pension, Great staff
Good work experience as i done the same work that i person working there would typically do. The other people working in the IT department were very friendly and helpful.
As an annual contractor to the Irish Times group I have found that the company and its ethos represents one of fairness. There is a great sense of goodwill towards what we provide in terms of creating a family focused event. The company has always paid well for the service we offer. My dealings with the company have always been one of pure professionalism and our suppliers and staff input has been acknowledged to such an extent that we all feel appreciated by the company. There is never any difficulties with the job unless the elements are against us which on occasion they have been but saying that seeing the excitement and joy on the faces of guests makes all the hard work worthwhile.