The Montenotte Hotel

The Montenotte Hotel Employee Reviews

Ireland15 reviews

Poorly run

Grand job just bad staff managers we’re poor but there is a good few people that were good at there jobs food was bad and staff treated poorly but not very hard or stressful

Lack of appreciation/Disorganized

Nice hotel and grounds but that's where it ends. Since the change of management, the hotel is very disorganized. Toxic work environment. Very little respect from senior management. Constantly short staffed. No training at all and no canteen which is shocking. Was laughed at by GM in front of my FoH staff one day. Very disrespectful people.Would not recommend unfortunately. Looks are deceiving.

Pros

Free meal

Cons

Lack of respect/bad work enviroment

Insights into The Montenotte Hotel

Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager
  • Fair pay for job

Poor and Toxic Environment

The job and shift are quite the same everiday, very repetitive, cold team and enviroment, no appriciation from anybody. No connection between collegues or manager.

very toxic work environment

Very poor unorganised place to work, the new general manager is running the place into the ground while the director of operations is making it a living h*ll for staff, very little respect shown to chefs and people are really treated like the job is only important thing in their life. Poor management leaves you working with untrained staff who's mistakes you then get blamed for.

Not great but not too bad

Long work hours where some days the work is way too much. On days like this you work some overtime but dont get paid for it. Lunch food was almost always made late and was often repetitive (dry chicken and chips). Things like tea bags and sugar were always missing with no access to normal drinking water. You are better of bringing your own lunch. However I don't remember if there was a place to heat up food. Some coworkers were very lovely but others were ok. The location is terrible for getting home after work at 5 or 6pm if you have to go through the city centre. In general it could have been better but it was not awful. Pay was decent.

Bad environment

Bullying goes around in every sector, managers are very disrespectful towards employees, overtime not paid among others. Staff food is available but almost never served on time. Also no facilities for employees

Beautiful hotel, great employees and management

Really enjoyed working for the owner/ Gm. This was an amazing experience for me and my team at the time. The kitchen was always given the best of equipment. The kitchen at times was extremely fast paced but very enjoyable for me.

Pros

Had a great team working with me.

Cons

Had no chefs office for filing or organising my daily tasks.

Great Hotel and Team, Loved Working there

Beautiful Hotel, and a great Place to work. Loved Working there but went to pursue a Sales Career. I was a Duty Manager to start, and then progressed to Concierge Manager

a lot managers without knowlege

support for employees don't exist. poor organization and communication waiting a long time for response from HR and GM . Long shifts,not paid over time

ambiente exigente, capacitación constante

El ambiente laboral es muy exigente pero la recompensa económica es buena. Se puede hacer carrera dentro del hotel y postularte para subir puestos, la capacitación del personal es constante, el nivel de aprendizaje es excelente, aprendes muchisimo en muy poco tiempo y de alta calidad. el almuerzo y el café son gratuitos. respetan horarios y son flexibles si por algún motivo te ausentas.

Lovely company to work for

Management are fantastic. You always get your breaks. The team overall are lovely to work with, and the atmosphere in the workplace is always positive and friendly.

Pros

Free dinner

Progressive and Unique Workplace

Such an amazing place to work for the last 9 years. I progressed from a part time position to management with full support from the team around me, including the owners. They helped me progress and grow my skills through college and on site training. I've also made friendships and connections to last a life time.

Short days

A typical day involved sorting bottles from the bar and putting them into appropriate boxes for return to suppliers, this would not take very long, maybe four hours per day, i was also responsible for upkeep of the area in which they were sorted, disposing of any damaged bottles, and returning the bottle bins to the bar areas.

Pros

Short hours

Cons

Could get messy

Night Porter/Auditor

Reception duties. Setting up for meetings. Work in the bar. Manager at night. Maintain the cleanliness of the hotel. Fire walk checks. Fire safety,Food safety and Manual handling done. Night audits. Room service.

Great and Amazing

Its been a long time i've been there, i can say it was one of my first job that i really enjoyed working with people who have different manner of working. The environment and the view of Cork City is very good to witness.

Pros

Free lunch for staff

Cons

Sometimes we can do long hours as full time job

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Montenotte Hotel. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.3 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare The Montenotte Hotel with

The Montenotte Hotel reviews by location

Learn about The Montenotte Hotel in popular locations

• The Montenotte Hotel
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?