The Montenotte Hotel

The Montenotte Hotel Employee Reviews

Beautiful Hotel, and a great Place to work. Loved Working there but went to pursue a Sales Career. I was a Duty Manager to start, and then progressed to Concierge Manager
support for employees don't exist. poor organization and communication waiting a long time for response from HR and GM . Long shifts,not paid over time
El ambiente laboral es muy exigente pero la recompensa económica es buena. Se puede hacer carrera dentro del hotel y postularte para subir puestos, la capacitación del personal es constante, el nivel de aprendizaje es excelente, aprendes muchisimo en muy poco tiempo y de alta calidad. el almuerzo y el café son gratuitos. respetan horarios y son flexibles si por algún motivo te ausentas.
Management are fantastic. You always get your breaks. The team overall are lovely to work with, and the atmosphere in the workplace is always positive and friendly.
Pros
Free dinner
Cons
Such an amazing place to work for the last 9 years. I progressed from a part time position to management with full support from the team around me, including the owners. They helped me progress and grow my skills through college and on site training. I've also made friendships and connections to last a life time.
A typical day involved sorting bottles from the bar and putting them into appropriate boxes for return to suppliers, this would not take very long, maybe four hours per day, i was also responsible for upkeep of the area in which they were sorted, disposing of any damaged bottles, and returning the bottle bins to the bar areas.
Pros
Short hours
Cons
Could get messy
Reception duties. Setting up for meetings. Work in the bar. Manager at night. Maintain the cleanliness of the hotel. Fire walk checks. Fire safety,Food safety and Manual handling done. Night audits. Room service.
Its been a long time i've been there, i can say it was one of my first job that i really enjoyed working with people who have different manner of working. The environment and the view of Cork City is very good to witness.
Pros
Free lunch for staff
Cons
Sometimes we can do long hours as full time job
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at The Montenotte Hotel?