The People Group

The People Group Employee Reviews

Ireland8 reviews
Great People, Friendly & Supportive
Presenting a professional image as I was the first point of contact for prospective candidates and clients - either face to face or on the phone. During the day I would upload candidate c.v.'s onto the Agency's database which had been sent in to the Agency via email. I provided administration support to 5 Recruitment Consultants in the form of producing agency c.v'.s for candidates whose details were going to be submitted to a Client for selection. I also acted as Personal Assistant to the Managing Director.
The combination of Administration tasks and Customer contact and being responsible for managing my own workload played to my strengths. Being part of a team but having my own area of work suited my personality and the hardest part of the job was remaining diplomatic and impartial when staff had conflicting views.The best part of the job was being responsible for my own workload.
Pros
nice offices and management
Cons
travel to work time, it took 2 hours each way
Recruitment with a Difference
Working with a great team, strong leadership, the ability to progress and learn and being part of a business that really punches above its weight. This company rewards hard work and dedication and as a result you get to work with a team who put their all into what they do every day. The People Group is instantly the best place to develop a career in recruitment.
Professional and Structured
The People Group is a highly professional organisation to work for.
There is a real intention to place great talent with great companies,

which was something I hadn't experienced before, having been in recruitment prior to joining.

There is also a collaborative sense and a transparency, with a structure in place that affords anybody with drive and determination to succeed.
Pros
Management Structure
Stay Away from here
This company is not what it seems. The way they disrespect clients behind their back is only surpassed by the contempt with which they treat their employees. Its all about the fee and not about delivering a good service.
Screaming meetings whereby consultants are berated for not closing deals fast enough are the norm.

As another ex employee put it, its draining and every day is a new drama. The atmosphere can be felt the minute you walk through the door. There is no team. The only regret I have is taking a job there in the first place.
Pros
Location of the office
Cons
The attitude to employees and clients
Well run company with a great team.
I worked in a number of different industries before joining The People Group. The training and encouragement I have received here has been great. The company deals with a large number of great brands across multiple industries. The name is well known and trusted in the marketplace so this helps a lot when speaking with clients and candidates alike. The management are very experienced and straightforward to deal with. Recruitment can be a roller-coaster ride at times so having a decent sized team and managers to seek advice from is fantastic. The training here is good and I'm very happy that my career is progressing in the right direction.
Pros
Super location, nice spacious offices, free nesspresso!
Cons
Work, Not winning the lottery yet....
Great Place to work
The People Group has a long standing reputation in the market working with some phenomenal brands and companies. There reputation gives you the edge over other agencies with its almost 30 year history. I worked in a different sector previous to recruitment and the support and training was excellent.
Pros
Great Location
Cons
Being a people person in the people group
Working with the people group has been a great experience so far, everyone that works here are so wonderful and helpful i have learnt so much about recruitment and really enjoy coming into work everyday....i honestly have never had that experience in any other role i have done, the culture here is so friendly and positive you learn something new everyday and it has been a pleasure to get to know the team and become a part of it. each character within our team are friendly and outgoing the atmosphere is truly great. everyone has an idea about recruitment and honestly this company is the difference and positive about the process we as a company are genuine specialists and consultants in the hiring process for our clients and our candidates.
Pros
Helping and advising true talent in people
Great Place to Work
Currently working with The People Group as a Recruitment Consultant. So far I have enjoyed my time here, learning from the more experienced recruiters, who are very helpful and assist me with any queries I may have. The senior management are very approachable and encourage a good team environment. The company is well established (28 years) and has a strong reputation in the Sales and Marketing arena. I get to meet senior level marketers, sales managers and directors on a regular basis. I know some other companies do not give the more junior consultants that exposure. Would highly recommend for anyone considering working in recruitment or thinking of moving within recruitment.
Pros
Great working environment