The Reynolds and Reynolds Company

The Reynolds and Reynolds Company Employee Reviews

Good starter sales job

Being an AM here mostly involves getting problems thrown at you all day, leaving very little time to hit quota. The work culture is very “figure it out yourself” and there was often a lot of drama and negativity among coworkers. However everyone really does care about you, and they do understand the job is tough so you get a lot of freedom and slack.

Cubicle life

Office sales job with decent benefits. I enjoyed my time here but always felt replaceable. Respectable territory assignments made selling a whole lot easier and no need to compete for customers.

Worse experience EVER

Worse Experience EVER! Set you up to fail! Not so nice management, constantly giving you the run around. Given wrong information that WILL be held against you.

Pros

Chat position

Cons

Horrible work atmosphere. Punished for given wrong information

Good co workers and clients, management gets in the way

Metric driven performance appraisal environment, they want closed calls. Some people close calls without resolving the issue and then you will become it when the call bounces back into the queue.Support used to specialize by application/dealer dept., then R&R got bought out and wanted all call center employees to be generalist that support all apps, expert in none. Very little room for advancement.

Pros

Helping customers utilize the systems to get their work done. Co workers knowledge is very helpful, not sure how experts are left after new ownership

Cons

Failed initiative that waste time, Management

Part time job is great

Great flexibility, decent pay, however managers definitely take advantage of you if you're too nice. I was moved to a new position without being asked and then got a full timers amount of responsibility while only being part time

Pros

Flexible schedule

Cons

overworked sometime

Do not work here!

the only thing good about this job was the benefits and the gym! i cried every day going to work and sometimes even while i was at work. it was exhausting learning a job that didn’t have any true training. management was awful and condescending. i wanted and attempted to apply for a different department hoping that would help but was told i wasn’t allowed to and would have to ask permission of my boss and the vice president of the company.

Decent starter job

Reynolds and Reynolds is a good place to find a job if you're just starting out after college and are looking to gain some experience. Straight laced company. When I first started working there in 1998, everybody had to wear a suit, including employees who did not meet with customers. They have a lot of rules, but that means you know what the expectation is. Most everybody working there is very smart, because the company gives applicants psychological exams as part of the screening process. Overall, not a bad place to work, but it might not be possible to make a lifetime career there.

Good place for a Part Time Job

The company pays well for my position which was very relaxing and just monotonous. Management was chill and checked up on me and other workers occasionally.

Pros

Chill environment, decent pay

Cons

Work can be boring

Very toxic environment with little opportunity for growth

The management here is terrible, the pay is garbage, and the environment is toxic, but nonetheless all of management will gaslight you into believing the opposite of all these things.

Poor retention of employees

Reynolds and Reynolds does not value employees. They engage in mass lay-offs and then hire new personnel when the market strengthens. There is often very short notice of the lay-offs.

Pros

Fair compensation

Cons

Frequent lay-offs and later new hires

I loved working here

I only worked part time through college, but even in the jobs I've had post-graduation, this was one of my most fairly paid where I had little problems with anyone above more or any other co-workers.

Don't work here.

Just, don’t. I didn't listen to the other reviews. The benefits are horrible, you are going to be paid 10-20,000 less than you should be and you will not be able to advanced quick enough for it to be worth it.

Cadre et ambiance très bonne

Des horaires variés et de l’entraide dans une entreprise à taille humaine qui valorise les compétences et qui propose un panel d’emplois variés qui permet à chacun d’exprimer ses talents

Eh... Not that great

Their application process alone is absolute garbage... 2 HOUR APPLICATION!!! Seriously?? It hasn't even been updated in 4 years. Current employees have to go through the same process and they don't even pay that great. Most of their jobs are under 40k a year.

Pros

It's a job

Cons

Application process!!, Pay, and no remote

What is the best part of working at the company?The management really cares about the employees.What is the most stressful part about working at the company?Nothing, really except some positions are hard to get promoted from.What is a typical day like for you at the company?Progressive

Official response from The Reynolds and Reynolds Company

21 November 2022
Thank you for your review of your time working for Reynolds. We're pleased to hear you enjoyed your time with the company, we take pride in caring for our employees!

I do not suggest working here

I have worked here in PT and FT capacitity as an ends to a means. It is a stable company but it will underpay and overwork you. They sell themselves as an entry level company because no matter how long you work their you will be paid entry level salary. They are extremely anti-inclusive and managers are generally not supportive. If you are looking to start your career and leave in a year or two, I suggest it but other than that I would not suggest.

Good entrance level job

Heavy workload if you let them; many different types of management, though. Wonderful coworkers, but not much room to move up. Not great compensation. Caps at a 5% raise.

Great place to start your IT career

The datacenter will hire you without any professional IT experience (provided you can make it through the incredibly annoying interview process), which makes it a great place to beef up your resume if that's your desired career path. You will touch on many different aspects of IT, from hardware configuration/installation/maintenance, to network configuration and troubleshooting and everything in between, with plenty of downtime to pursue IT certifications at your leisure. Joining the datacenter team means you start on 3rd shift and gradually make your way up to 1st shift. Unfortunately, there is no guaranteed timing or criteria -- it all depends on what the business needs at that point in time. Luckily, I was only on 3rd shift for about two months, but some of my coworkers were on 3rds for over a year before an opportunity opened up for 2nd shift.The pay is... okay. Surely not anywhere close to industry-leading, but again, this job requires no professional experience. You'll get regular increases every 6 months or so, but nothing crazy. My biggest complaint is that if you get promoted, say 1 month after your review, they will not adjust your salary until your next review. I was "promoted" yet continued to receive the same pay as my old position for 5 months, and the same is true for another of my coworkers who left around the same time as me. With that being said, that's really the only thing that left a bad taste in my mouth with this company. I enjoyed the work. My co-workers were great. Management was great. The campus itself was really cool and has some great perks that -

Great personal atmosphere, but cliques kill

At the beginning, was a great experience, and felt like I was learning. When the honeymoon phase was over, it quickly transitioned into an abusive relationship. Felt like I couldn't reach out for guidance and nothing was good enough.

Official response from The Reynolds and Reynolds Company

7 November 2022
Thank you for your review. We're sorry to hear that you felt you couldn't reach out for guidance in your position. For employees that feel this way, we recommend they speak directly to their management chain to try and resolve the issue.

Its alright

Do what you have to do and you get what you earn. Management was okay, never really supported anyone. Cafeteria and food was really good, nice gym and restrooms! Chill place

No work/life, immense pressure

The job is draining, you get in at 7 and don’t leave until 8 and sometimes you have to work Saturdays because the team is understaffed and overworked. Management pressure you to stay and finish titles but don’t provide a quick and effective solution to the problem. They also become upset with the team because we couldn’t make miracles happen to clear out the day under their schedule, but again did little to solve the issue. They would rather lose people with experience and knowledge in the process and hire new workers instead of giving them a raise when asked to. Coworkers were amazing though! Supervisor is also great, does the best she can with what she is allowed and has.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Reynolds and Reynolds Company. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.8 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement