The TJX Companies, Inc. Employee Reviews

Every day is a new adventure
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Coleraine, Northern Ireland7 June 2018
No day is the same at TK MAXX, which is what I love about it. The pace is fast, and never is there a dull moment.
On top of the that, the co-workers and wider network within the TK MAXX company are the best people you can meet. Never before have I found more loyal, willing and dedicated staff. For myself, I have found that my manager & her managers are dedicated to my success almost as much as I am, which I fully appreciate.
Pros
The people, the culture, the brands, the success of the off price model
Cons
Quick reactionary changes, Can't control stock levels
Easy well-paid job
Senior sales associate (Current Employee) –  County Galway22 May 2018
• Welcoming customers to the store and answering their queries
• Providing excellent customer service throughout
• Working with customers to determine their needs and then recommend the right product to solve the customer’s problem
• Assisting in ensuring that the product presentation area is clean and organized
• Liaising with other sales associates in order to provide excellent results
• Trusted with several responsibilities in various areas of the store
Cons
No stability
Very Good Workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Galway27 February 2018
During my time at TK Maxx I was for the majority of my employment on tills but for the last week of my employment I was put on floor as it is policy at the company to be trained on at least two departments.
I learned the importance of individual customers experience and the importance of bringing them back through a helpful and warm service which the customers noted.
Management were very helpful and informative through my whole time there.
Most days especially leading up to the Christmas were very busy which were managed through the strong teamwork ethic.
The only difficulty in the company was learning the layout during the first few days but it was quickly learned then there was no other issues.
The most enjoyable aspect of the job was being part of the team there, I helped as well as was helped at various times. I would also have to mention making the customer laugh or even smile was always enjoyable.
Pros
Hours were always high. Team. Training.
Cons
Contract was temporary.
TK Maxx Team leader (Current Employee) –  Dublin12 February 2018
Big chances to develop yourself,good place to work,good culture and always loads to learn and move on.Big motivation for staff to learn more,progress within the company.
Very purposeless job
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Cork24 October 2017
You are sent into a section for hours on end with no interaction, you feel more like a number rather than a person. If you don't enjoy speaking or any interaction then this is the job for you.
Pros
Good money
Cons
Purpouseless
Great salary, Horrible environment.
Stock and Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Dundrum, County Dublin7 October 2017
This company offer you a great start salary if you have no experience in another area, but unfortunately the daily work can be mental as the routines are crazy and full of targets. The management are horrible and they do not think you are human being, if one day you don't achieve your target is reason for meeting and maybe worse.
Pros
salary
Cons
environment, management, routines
Fun place to work
Retail Assistant (Current Employee) –  Castlebar, County Mayo14 September 2017
Everyone is friendly in there , it can be a fast paced tough job with plenty of objectives to have done by the end of the day , but if you struggle it's no harm your team will help you with it. . Overall great place to work , managers very understanding and provide you with anything you need such as days off etc..
Pros
Fun place to work
Cons
Hours
A busy and pleasant workplace.
Store Assistant (Former Employee) –  St. Stephen's Green, County Dublind14 August 2017
I found TK MAXX in St.Stephens' Green Shopping Centre to be an interesting and challenging workplace. It was very good to work for an international company that stocked many different brands and merchandise in clothes and household items. The hours were tough but the good atmosphere and professionalism of the company made it well worth it.
Pros
Very professional
very Productive and fun enviorment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Waterford city, County Waterford22 June 2017
I found working in tkmaxx Waterford very helpful and staff were very friendly and easy to get on with. I found while i was working in tkmaxx i would prefer to work in a sales position
Ingles
Dependienta (Former Employee) –  Dublin31 May 2017
Al ser todo en ingles siempre cuesta un poco mas cuando no es tu lengua,pero la verdad es que fue una buena experiencia.
Iba pocas horas por la tarde y aprendí bastante.
Pros
hablar ingles
Cons
la ayuda de la gente era escasa
great place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Dublin26 April 2017
had such a good time working here made loads of friends managers were lovely hours were great was treated good would work there again was happy there x
Pros
made friends
Cons
Would never work there again
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Louth14 April 2017
There was a horrible work/life balance. They don't care about your problems. In college and I was never allowed any time off for exams or study. There is no job security or advancement. Older staff members make you feel awful about yourself. I felt like I had little to no experience whereas I had 6.5 years in the retail industry. I used to dread going into work.
Pros
nothing
Cons
long hours, no chance of advancement, horrible management, bullying by older staff members
Team leader (Current Employee) –  Dublin6 April 2017
It's right in the heart of Dublin City, which is amazing. Fun an energetic place to work, always encouraging people to go higher.
Loved being there for the past seven years.
great place to work
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mullingar, County Westmeath3 March 2017
I really enjoyed working here. Great staff and management. Relaxed uniform policy and great camaraderie.

I would highly reccomend working for thus company
Pros
Great work environment, management are all very approachable and helpful
Cons
not enough hours
Na
Sale associate (Current Employee) –  Carrickmines, County Dublin18 February 2017
Great place to start, friendly staff, good place to work with
Very busy shop, learn something new everyday, friendly manager very fun place to work,
Pros
Friendly staff
Cons
Great overall
Buen ambiente
planta de caballeros. Vendedor (Former Employee) –  IE1 January 2017
Venta de prendas en planta joven
El idioma, la experiencia, etc
Buena directiva
Buen ambiente
La dificultad con el idioma
Aprender a entender y tener más paciencia frente a las adversidades
hard work, a lot of pressure, long hours, standing for long periods
Sales associate (Current Employee) –  Cork20 December 2016
very structured hard work. the place is always a mess so its very hard to control the mess. long hours of standing all day.
the co worker are all lovely they are by far the best part of the job
Pros
good wage, lovely co workers, good lunch breaks
Cons
long hours, messy floor always hard to control, never get out on time.
good work place
Checkout Operator (Former Employee) –  IE25 October 2016
TJX is good to work for and good money. I learned a lot in my year there. Only one negative not enough hours and maximum 20 hour contract.
Worst Job I Have Ever Had.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Connacht26 September 2016
Unfair hours, short shifts, misleading information from management when taking on staff, unsupportive management, lack off communication between management and sales staff, cutting shifts on a daily basis and staff left losing out on wedges.

Discount is good 10% for you and family member.
No loyalty to staff your only a number on there pay roll.
Team leaders are unprofessional in there role and don't lead by explain.
Don't no if this is in all stores but I am one of many people to leave mine in the last number off weeks. brought in for 4 hour shifts and expected the work of an 8 hour shift to be achieved.

Get first pick off all the stuff that comes in best part of the job in my opinion.

if your looking for a nice work place with stable hours this is not the job for you.
Pros
Discount, lovely customers.
Cons
unfair hours, management don't support staff.
Fun and friendly work atmosphere
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Port Laoise, County Laois20 September 2016
Typically I would deal with all customer queries and complaints as well as all refunds and damaged goods. I would also deal with all phone calls to and from the business. I would take sales and also be required to help in the cash office.
Both staff and management were friendly and worked as a team.
The most difficult part of the job was probably the lack of hours as the job in itself was in no way difficult to perform.
The most enjoyable aspect was getting to work as part of a team.
Pros
Friendly atmosphere, store discount and bonus incentives
Cons
Lack of hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The TJX Companies, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

51.6K