The TJX Companies, Inc.
Coronavirus update
Information from The TJX Companies, Inc.:

The TJX Companies, Inc. Employee Reviews

Ireland68 reviews
Fine place to work especially if you're only starting in retail. Don't get deceived by the hourly wage though as you'll probably be on 12 hour contracts for a while. Usually get more hours but you'll be lucky to get 20-25 hrs a week. Was doing stockroom most of the time, things had to be done fast rather than properly. Sometimes unreasonable processing times. Sometimes called in 6 days a week for 4 hours every afternoon, thought that was very inconvenient. Management in the store I worked was fine. Enjoyed working with fellow employees. Ok experience overall.
Pros
Good hourly wage, good craic amongst employees, management was ok
Cons
Working against the time, inconvenient rosters, 12 hour contracts
gained fantastic experience in customer service, sales, team work, developed communication skills, learnt about sales targets and marketing promotions
Pros
Experience
Cons
I felt very unwelcome and uncomfortable.
I received no support at the start of my job and felt as if I wasn’t welcome in the company. The managers were rude and had a lot of horrible comments.
The team are amazing, as managers. Great environment to work in.
Team are always helpful and they are supportive also. I enjoy going to work every shift
5 hours shift
easy to understand the working area

the staff are really friendly

orgainsation matters when working in TKmaxx

To be able to communicate with coustumers
An amazing and very respectiful place to work and also make Friends for life. Always fun and chalenging it gives us the opportunitie of learning something new every way.
Tk Max have fast working environment. You h.ave to learn quickly and applied your experience in your work. I think its a good company to start our retail career and it give great exposure to learn and get experienced in retail industry.
Place where we can learn every day. We can create expectations of opportunities. Store manager knows how to treat their workers equally. flexibility of time.
TKMAXX is one of best company in retail sector in Ireland. A place u can build your career, and progress quickly.Train staff to a very high standard, every staff are always confident. There's a culture of caring for each other. Good staff and management.
My personal experience was very little opportunities for internal progression. My Personal Development Plan appeared to be more busy work than actual progression to the next role. Company prefers to recruit externally due to many staff members looking to progress and prevent disruptions among staff.
I found TJX were a great company to work for, the pay was decent and the hours flexible. There was always work to do as the store is constantly busy however the work load could be a lot as the store gets extremely messy
Pros
Good pay
Cons
messy
L'emploi était sur et agréable. L'équipe était sympatique et les managers compréhensifs. Des avantages intéressants et une bonne atmosphere de travail dans l'ensemble. Point négatif principal serait le travail incessant dans un magasin de tres grande taille, mais chacun son truc, ca ne derange pas certains, moi oui.
Pros
Salaire, avantages, adaptabilité
Cons
Beaucoup de travail et petite équipe pour grand magasin
Managerial expectations can be a bit ridiculous (obviously drawn up by someone who's never worked on a sales floor.) Departments can sometimes be too big and spread out for one person to manage alone.Managers bend over backwards to cater to difficult customers. Having one person working the fitting room on a busy Saturday is asking for trouble!

In saying that, the pay and hours are extremely reasonable for retail. There was good scope for progression within the company and the workplace culture was an extremely positive one. Management could do more to praise staff for a job well done though!
Love the fast pace, it's not for the faint hearted but I thrive on this, from receiving deliveries at back door to shop floor in an allotted time frame, it's certainly always interesting, love the off price fundamental basis of the buisness, the company's ethil being the thrill of the hunt, you just never know what you are going to find, from a thimble to an anchor.
good place to work

lots of cleaning

good ph wage

company is nice

volunteer work
The most enjoyable part of the job is that you have primary access to all the new stock
Great management team and the company offers you extra training in different countries
Pros
mix team
Cons
changing management
No day is the same at TK MAXX, which is what I love about it. The pace is fast, and never is there a dull moment.
On top of the that, the co-workers and wider network within the TK MAXX company are the best people you can meet. Never before have I found more loyal, willing and dedicated staff. For myself, I have found that my manager & her managers are dedicated to my success almost as much as I am, which I fully appreciate.
Pros
The people, the culture, the brands, the success of the off price model
Cons
Quick reactionary changes, Can't control stock levels
• Welcoming customers to the store and answering their queries
• Providing excellent customer service throughout

• Working with customers to determine their needs and then recommend the right product to solve the customer’s problem

• Assisting in ensuring that the product presentation area is clean and organized

• Liaising with other sales associates in order to provide excellent results

• Trusted with several responsibilities in various areas of the store
Cons
No stability
Work went by quickly, was always kept busy.
Did not mind going to work and enjoyed most shifts.

Staff were fun and friendly and a good team of people were always eager to work.
During my time at TK Maxx I was for the majority of my employment on tills but for the last week of my employment I was put on floor as it is policy at the company to be trained on at least two departments.
I learned the importance of individual customers experience and the importance of bringing them back through a helpful and warm service which the customers noted.

Management were very helpful and informative through my whole time there.

Most days especially leading up to the Christmas were very busy which were managed through the strong teamwork ethic.

The only difficulty in the company was learning the layout during the first few days but it was quickly learned then there was no other issues.

The most enjoyable aspect of the job was being part of the team there, I helped as well as was helped at various times. I would also have to mention making the customer laugh or even smile was always enjoyable.
Pros
Hours were always high. Team. Training.
Cons
Contract was temporary.
Having very friendly managers and associates, it is very much happy to work in TJX and the concerns raised by every single person is considered and solved within reasonable time.