The Works Stores Ltd Employee Reviews

2.9Job Security & Advancement
Retail (Former Employee) –  Killarney, County Kerry8 September 2019
Manager treat staff terribly. Everyone wants to leave and they all looking for new jobs. All the rest of the staff get on well, manager attitude a disgrace, needs training on how to treat people with respect.
Very hard but rewarding
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Dublin16 May 2018
I absolutely loved working here, it was one of the best jobs I ever had..
The whole team was like family. Every day was something different, it was hard and demanding but when you completed a task you couldn't help but be proud of yourself.

I would still be working for the works now if I wasn't offered a better opportunity somewhere else.

The only thing I can fault is the salary.
Pros
Staff discount, training, self worth
Cons
Salary
Highly Motivated & Reactive Company
Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Ireland3 September 2016
A typical day at work in this company can be different every day, there will always be the day to day management and maintenance of the store and team to consider but new challenges present themselves frequently, this is what i thrive on.

I have learnt much whilst working within the business from senior managers and colleagues alike, sharing knowledge and best practice is encouraged and an ethos of support does exist if you choose to want to be a part of it.

I find the hardest part of the job to be the most enjoyable part. You must be able to meet tight deadlines and maintain exceptional standards whilst keeping ten plates spinning at the same time, this is of course challenging but who actually would be fulfilled by working an "Easy" job?

On the flip side, seeing my team engage with our customers and feel a personal sense of pride from their own achievements through training i have given them makes me proud to be working with such enthusiastic and committed people.
Pros
Fulfilling, Engaging, 20% staff discount, Free life cover.
Cons
Can be stressful and demanding.