Thermo Fisher Scientific Employee Reviews

Friendly staff and close knit team
Production Operator (Former Employee) –  East Grinstead, West Sussex20 May 2018
I worked here for many years in east grinstead and found the team mostly good and friendly. I only left due to wanting to change my career and was sad to leave. The benefits offered are great compared to most companies. The only thing I will say is if you are not prepared to be on your feet a good part of the day then do not bother applying as you will spend most of the day standing up and being very busy.
Overall I would say if you get on well with people and are friendly and hard working you will fit in great here also a good sense of humour will help too.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Being on your feet all day.
Steady place to work
Product Quality Manager (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CA18 May 2018
I worked at Thermo Fisher for 3 years and during that time the company made significant investments in me. I was given tremendous opportunity to grow and network and left the company with many more skills than when I arrived.

Major emphasis on quarterly earnings and metrics which could sometimes distract from the business unit's longterm goals.
Pros
employee development opportunities
Cons
lack of investment in technology, strong emphasis on quarterly results, high turnover among high-performers
Good pay and benefits
Service Engineer (Current Employee) –  New England18 May 2018
Like any big company, Thermo has its issues. Processes are constantly in a state of flux while management tries new things. Low-level managers are great, but are required to rely on metrics too much. The pay and benefits are very good, though.
Great Internship
Engineering Co-Op (Former Employee) –  Franklin, MA17 May 2018
I was only an intern, but I learned a lot here and felt like I was part of the team. The management was good, my co-workers were good, and I was able to fiddle with cool gadgets.
Great Product Development & Portfolio Management Experience
Product Manager (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NY17 May 2018
I spent many years of my career working at Thermo Fisher Scientific and the colleagues are very loyal and dedicated to meeting business objectives. This was a fun place to work.
Pros
Quality Audit Team
Cons
Very close to Panorama Creek that would sometimes flood
good place to work very laid back
Order picker (Former Employee) –  Kalamazoo, MI17 May 2018
start of shift check out fork lift for damages pull orders using correct lot numbers stage for packaging I learned how to use a hand held computer The management was good but kept promising things they could not due in a timely manner the hardest part was just learning where everything was at
Pros
lunches brought in from trucking venders
Cons
the time it takes to get hired in
Was a nice place to work
Package Handler/Sorter (Former Employee) –  Winchester, VA15 May 2018
Everyone for the most part was nice to work with. I was a temp there so I can't tell you much. I would have went full time there and was in the process of doing so when I was told by my staffing agency that they didn't need me anymore.
Pros
nice people
Cons
Good company re located in another country.
Inspector (Former Employee) –  Staffordshire15 May 2018
Good workforce producing excellent products.
Great teamwork and good management.
As part of a global corporation it was decided to move operations to Germany.
Pros
Good work force
Cons
Moving operations to Germany
Sales and Supply Chain well aligned.
Inventory, Planning and Logistics Manager (Former Employee) –  Franklin, MA14 May 2018
Focus on customer sales and Supply Chain are aligned well. Advanced Lean manufacturing and supply chain focus. Forward looking solutions and structured problem solving tools enable and empower employee contributions..
Pros
Lean manufacturing.
Very competative working environment
Production Operator (Former Employee) –  Fremont, CA13 May 2018
-Lack of job opportunity.
-High demand of expectation with lack of advancement specially to all contract employee getting converted.
- Lack of management skills
A variety of positions to expand your knowledge and skills
Inventory Control Clerk (Former Employee) –  Hanover Park, IL13 May 2018
Your typical receiving/picking/packing/shipping kind of medical supply warehouse. Offered different positions that could help one expand their knowledge and skills in various departments.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is a Terrible Place to Work
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PA13 May 2018
Thermo Fisher is a results driven organization that does't understand how to actually get results which is through fostering a culture of collaboration and teamwork and by valuing its people. It drives people to the ground by demanding 15 hour work days and work on weekends. It has shifted to a patriarchal, arrogant, egotistical, "perception" is more important than any other indicator of success or even more important than real accomplishments. It is male dominated, aggressive, and truely horrible within the corporate culture. The companies it acquires seem to have a much more progressive culture and seem like nice places to work.
High Paced Manufacturing Company
Production Technician (Current Employee) –  Greenville, NC11 May 2018
Good pay, long hours and weekends, fast growing company. 24 hour production. Learn a lot from the experience surrounding your position and they have a friendly and helpful environment.
Very stressful, decisions change daily or per customer
Lead Technical Support Representative (Current Employee) –  Kalamazoo, MI11 May 2018
Been here 10 years this July. Have had 4 different managers of which only 1 tried to get us to interact with each other on a personal level. The others only care about results. Only 1 really talks to you if they see you are struggling at all. The others just write you up or do not offer any help whatsoever. It’s a “do as I say not as I do” mentality. Very frustrating when you really want to do the right things but have to ask every time what that is that day because yesterday it was frowned upon but today it is fine. Good pay and benefits though!
Pros
Enjoy the work I do and the coworkers I have
Cons
Poor management
Hard work, good pay.
Injection Moulding Technician (Former Employee) –  Ashford10 May 2018
Shame they have announced the closure of the Ashford site at the end of 2019. This was a great place to earn money and work hard. Unfortunately the manufacturing base is being moved abroad.
Pros
See title.
Cons
See text.
Good
Regional Business Manager (Former Employee) –  India10 May 2018
Good company to work with.Had a nice experience with new technologies, good work culture. However, work life balance was not there.Good products .Good experience .
Excellent to gain experience
Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Frederick, MD10 May 2018
ThermoFisher helped me to learn the basics in the BioPharmaceutical indutry. There I was able to enhance my abilities to do tasks on a very small scale and in an aseptic manner.
Sales Representative On site (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, IN10 May 2018
Great company, great people... Work life balance is very good, Products are great and customer service is outstanding. Would recommend apply for open positions.
Pros
great place to work
Cons
difficult to get in
Excellent place to work
Independent Contractor (Former Employee) –  Madison, WI9 May 2018
Enjoyed working with the team there in Madison, WI. Team was going through an acquisition and the transition was very smooth. Enjoyed the hours and the flexibility
Have learned a lot
Analyst (Current Employee) –  United States8 May 2018
My knowledge has increased a lot over my time. It is a wonderful company to work for and every day I feel I'm helping the company better serve science.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Thermo Fisher Scientific. Our community is ready to answer.