Three Steps

Three Steps Employee Reviews

Ireland5 reviews
Depends what house your in. Worked in disibility for short time and really enjoyed it. It was challenging but learned alot. Lovely manager, very down to earth and very professional. Staff are lovely, very friendly and welcoming. Was switched to mainstream didnt like it at all, the young people basically ran the house. Manager incompetent. Some of Hr very rude didnt listen to what staffs views were in terms of where they wated to be working. Shifts very long. Over all if going to work in this orgainisation i personally would apply for disibility only. Thats just my experience.
Pros
Nice staff, excellent training, money ok
Cons
Long hours, staff not allocated to preference of geographical area
Not a great place to work, management work off a purely profit driven standpoint and this in turns leads to high turn over and lack of supports for service users
Pros
Team
Cons
Poor salary, no increments, penny pinching management
Three steps is a very challenging place to work. There is a lot of violence on a daily basis and management can be disconnected and arrogant. Shifts are very long and one can be expected to work at the drop of a hat and disrespected when unable to. Three steps hire very good people, and despite the many challenges you can work with some of the best and most supportive staff members.
Pros
The teams are excellent
Cons
Low staff morale, Management are rude and disconnected, violent atmosphere, no work/life balance. Low pay compared to other companies.
Really fun place to work.Learned so much during my time here such as paperwork and developing my key social care values. I also learned a lot of Lamh which in turn helped me to communicate with the children
Pros
Fantastic learning opportunity
Cons
The job consists of compiling a daily schedule to include all appointments and daily tasks before assigning of clients to a suitable staff member. Delegation of duties to the team. Working to rigid policies and procedures set out by government body. Ensuring the daily development and education of our clients in a safe environment. Report writing and data input. Completion of daily check lists around health and safety, expenditure and significant behavioural issues. Identifying potential risks to our and putting measures in place to alleviate them.
Pros
Team spirit.
Cons
27 hour shifts, unrealistic expectations of staff