Tigers Childcare

Tigers Childcare Employee Reviews

Ireland7 reviews
it is indeed a very fun place to work.i was lucky to find a great team,and over time we bond very well.children are mostly the ones who lives in the area.
Pros
great opportunities to study
Cons
no sick days
I did not like anything about working here unfortunately. I was taken on as an admin assistant and from day 1 I was very unhappy with the management. Not only do they talk bad about their childcare workers behind doors, I felt there was no respect for them given the nature of the job and how overwhelming it can get for staff. There was a lot of absenses from the childcare workers due to mental and emotional health and not once dis I hear sympathy from management when in the office. I have a qualification in childcare and they would regularly send me all over Dublin to their different childcare centres when that was not my job description. I felt used and barely got a thank you for doing them that favour.
Cons
Estoy contenta trabajando en esta empresa, el trato es muy familiar y agradable
Tigers has been a great support to me over the years and is a really happy environment to work in.
The staff have made my time at tigers so enjoyable I have made friends for life! Everyone bonds so well and higher management are very approachable and easy to get along with.

Tigers go above and beyond to provide staff with incredible training. They are constantly sending staff on new courses and giving them the opportunity to up skill. They also provide an employee assist programme for anyone who might need support outside work.

They carry out internal inspections regularly to ensure that all centres are performing at the required level and offer praise and encouragement to the staff for their hard work.

They do an employee of the month scheme every month and also give awards for no sick days. I found this great for boosting staff moral and it was great to see people recognised for their outstanding work!!

With over 8 years of working here I can honestly say it has been an amazing journey. I have seen the company grow from the small afterschool it use to be into a very established childcare facility.

The amount of work and effort that goes on behind the scenes to provide everyone with good quality childcare is unreal. Everyone works as a team throughout all the centres to make it work.

I can't recommend Tigers enough as a company to work for, my experience here has been nothing but positive and has really been like a second family.
Pros
Training, employee assit programme
Cons
Can be a demanding job at times
I thoroughly enjoyed my time working in Tigers and was so sad to leave the children and the company but unfortunately due to circumstances beyond my control I had to.

Although the working day is busy balancing paperwork along with your other tasks I knew this would be a challenge in any company I worked with as this is the requirement. However, I found both my Manager and Deputy Manager to be of such great support in times where I was struggling to find the balance.

Tigers provided staff with incredible training and allowing staff members to upskill and enhance their knowledge of the Aistear and Siolta curriculums as well as refresher courses in First Aid and HAACP.

All staff were so supportive and bonded really well in the centre and Tigers also provided social nights where all staff from all centres would meet and bond. This I found to be such a great experience as this gave us the opportunity to meet and discuss our respective centres and share tips and ideas for activities and lessons.

Tigers also provided staff with a program called the Employee Assistance Program which provided staff with a support system in times of difficulty.

Overall, I couldn't recommend Tigers enough as a company to work for from everyone in the centres to management they were all so lovely and a pleasure to work for.

I very much hope to work with them again in the future.
Pros
Training to upskill, Eap
Cons
Paperwork
I left Tigers as my family were relocating. I was really sad to leave and I still miss working for the company. Since I have left I have worked in other childcare services and to be honest they don't hold a patch on Tigers. The operations director is one of the best people you could meet. She is so supportive and honest and is there to help in whatever way she can. They expect high standards at all times from their staff and some people probably don't like that. The EAP programme they provide is invaluable and I used it many times when I worked there for many different reasons. I haven't worked anywhere else since that offers this to staff. If I move back to Dublin I will definitely be looking for a job with Tigers.
Pros
Eap, supportive management
The company will exploit you and your time for little to no money
They will expect you to work in illegal and/or unsafe circumstances and expect you to keep your mouth shut

Higher management haven't got a clue about what staff do or go through and they are very negative towards everyone below them

Do not work here