Tigers Childcare

Tigers Childcare Employee Reviews

it is indeed a very fun place to work.i was lucky to find a great team,and over time we bond very well.children are mostly the ones who lives in the area.
Pros
great opportunities to study
Cons
no sick days
12 October 2020
Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. We appreciate your feedback.
Do not work at Tigers Childcare if you want to work in a happy supportive work environment. The way the staff are treated by the higher management department is disgusting. The management in head office say they support their staff and mental health but in reality they just pass the problem on to someone else by providing a "fantastic mental health support service". The “physical support” they offer on site are in-house inspections which are not supportive for staff they only cause stress and worry and are extremely disruptive for the class. The real tusla inspectors have been much friendlier. They have extremely high expectations but if staff are not being supported and listened to then unfortunately the staff cannot meet the high expectations expected of the staff. Staff can find some days are overwhelming with such a demanding job but management just don't care, no sympathy towards staff what so ever, it's a deal with it yourself attitude. It's a one rule system in Tigers, one rule for one and another rule for someone else. Staff are way over worked, under appreciated and under paid for all that they do to provide the best possible care for the children.The care that staff provide for the children in their care is fantastic the children are cared for in such a professional, respectful, kind and caring way. Being an employee in Tigers is just a different story altogether.
Amazing staff, got a long well with everyone miss them dearly - would recommend anyone to work at this place, had a lot of fun times during work hours!!!!
Pros
Staff/Management
Cons
Moved to uk
12 October 2020
Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. We appreciate your feedback.
I did not like anything about working here unfortunately. I was taken on as an admin assistant and from day 1 I was very unhappy with the management. Not only do they talk bad about their childcare workers behind doors, I felt there was no respect for them given the nature of the job and how overwhelming it can get for staff. There was a lot of absenses from the childcare workers due to mental and emotional health and not once dis I hear sympathy from management when in the office. I have a qualification in childcare and they would regularly send me all over Dublin to their different childcare centres when that was not my job description. I felt used and barely got a thank you for doing them that favour.
12 October 2020
We strongly dispute the contents of your comment. At Tigers Childcare we value our colleagues and recognise they are our most important asset. We offer a robust Employee Assistance Programme in partnership with Spectrum Life. This programme is invaluable to our colleagues who may be dealing with issues with regard to their emotional or mental health. If you were asked to cover in another service it would have been to ensure that we could operate within child:adult ratios as required under the Childcare Regulations and had you expressed a dissatisfaction at being asked to work in one of our services, I am sure your manager would have arranged something else. Should you wish to discuss this further please email info@tigerschildcare.com and a member of our team will get in touch with you.
Estoy contenta trabajando en esta empresa, el trato es muy familiar y agradable
Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. We appreciate the feedback.
Tigers has been a great support to me over the years and is a really happy environment to work in. The staff have made my time at tigers so enjoyable I have made friends for life! Everyone bonds so well and higher management are very approachable and easy to get along with. Tigers go above and beyond to provide staff with incredible training. They are constantly sending staff on new courses and giving them the opportunity to up skill. They also provide an employee assist programme for anyone who might need support outside work. They carry out internal inspections regularly to ensure that all centres are performing at the required level and offer praise and encouragement to the staff for their hard work. They do an employee of the month scheme every month and also give awards for no sick days. I found this great for boosting staff moral and it was great to see people recognised for their outstanding work!! With over 8 years of working here I can honestly say it has been an amazing journey. I have seen the company grow from the small afterschool it use to be into a very established childcare facility. The amount of work and effort that goes on behind the scenes to provide everyone with good quality childcare is unreal. Everyone works as a team throughout all the centres to make it work. I can't recommend Tigers enough as a company to work for, my experience here has been nothing but positive and has really been like a second family.
Pros
Training, employee assit programme
Cons
Can be a demanding job at times
Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. We appreciate the feedback.
I thoroughly enjoyed my time working in Tigers and was so sad to leave the children and the company but unfortunately due to circumstances beyond my control I had to. Although the working day is busy balancing paperwork along with your other tasks I knew this would be a challenge in any company I worked with as this is the requirement. However, I found both my Manager and Deputy Manager to be of such great support in times where I was struggling to find the balance. Tigers provided staff with incredible training and allowing staff members to upskill and enhance their knowledge of the Aistear and Siolta curriculums as well as refresher courses in First Aid and HAACP. All staff were so supportive and bonded really well in the centre and Tigers also provided social nights where all staff from all centres would meet and bond. This I found to be such a great experience as this gave us the opportunity to meet and discuss our respective centres and share tips and ideas for activities and lessons. Tigers also provided staff with a program called the Employee Assistance Program which provided staff with a support system in times of difficulty. Overall, I couldn't recommend Tigers enough as a company to work for from everyone in the centres to management they were all so lovely and a pleasure to work for. I very much hope to work with them again in the future.
Pros
Training to upskill, Eap
Cons
Paperwork
Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. We appreciate the feedback.
I left Tigers as my family were relocating. I was really sad to leave and I still miss working for the company. Since I have left I have worked in other childcare services and to be honest they don't hold a patch on Tigers. The operations director is one of the best people you could meet. She is so supportive and honest and is there to help in whatever way she can. They expect high standards at all times from their staff and some people probably don't like that. The EAP programme they provide is invaluable and I used it many times when I worked there for many different reasons. I haven't worked anywhere else since that offers this to staff. If I move back to Dublin I will definitely be looking for a job with Tigers.
Pros
Eap, supportive management
Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. We appreciate the feedback.
The company will exploit you and your time for little to no money They will expect you to work in illegal and/or unsafe circumstances and expect you to keep your mouth shut Higher management haven't got a clue about what staff do or go through and they are very negative towards everyone below them Do not work here
12 October 2020
We strongly dispute your vexatious comment. At Tigers Childcare we follow all regulations that are in place - Childcare, Health & Safety and Employer. We use Peninsula Business Services to carry out Health & Safety audits on all of our premises. We also use them to provide HR support and advice. In addition, monthly supervision meetings are carried out with each manager and the managers in turn have monthly supervision meetings with their team members. These meetings help to highlight any issues that are occurring so that they can be rectified. Should you wish to discuss this further please email info@tigerschildcare.com and a member of our team will be in touch with you.