Tigers Childcare
Tigers Childcare Employee Review

Choose another job this is not a nice place to work

28 October 2019
I did not like anything about working here unfortunately. I was taken on as an admin assistant and from day 1 I was very unhappy with the management. Not only do they talk bad about their childcare workers behind doors, I felt there was no respect for them given the nature of the job and how overwhelming it can get for staff. There was a lot of absenses from the childcare workers due to mental and emotional health and not once dis I hear sympathy from management when in the office. I have a qualification in childcare and they would regularly send me all over Dublin to their different childcare centres when that was not my job description. I felt used and barely got a thank you for doing them that favour.
Cons
12 October 2020
We strongly dispute the contents of your comment. At Tigers Childcare we value our colleagues and recognise they are our most important asset. We offer a robust Employee Assistance Programme in partnership with Spectrum Life. This programme is invaluable to our colleagues who may be dealing with issues with regard to their emotional or mental health. If you were asked to cover in another service it would have been to ensure that we could operate within child:adult ratios as required under the Childcare Regulations and had you expressed a dissatisfaction at being asked to work in one of our services, I am sure your manager would have arranged something else. Should you wish to discuss this further please email info@tigerschildcare.com and a member of our team will get in touch with you.
10 June 2019
Early Years Educator (Former Employee) - Dublin
I thoroughly enjoyed my time working in Tigers and was so sad to leave the children and the company but unfortunately due to circumstances beyond my control I had to. Although the working day is busy balancing paperwork along with your other tasks I knew this would be a challenge in any company I worked with as this is the requirement. However, I found both my Manager and Deputy Manager to be of such great support in times where I was struggling to find the balance. Tigers provided staff with incredible training and allowing staff members to upskill and enhance their knowledge of the Aistear and Siolta curriculums as well as refresher courses in First Aid and HAACP. All staff were so supportive and bonded really well in the centre and Tigers also provided social nights where all staff from all centres would meet and bond. This I found to be such a great experience as this gave us the opportunity to meet and discuss our respective centres and share tips and ideas for activities and lessons. Tigers also provided staff with a program called the Employee Assistance Program which provided staff with a support system in times of difficulty. Overall, I couldn't recommend Tigers enough as a company to work for from everyone in the centres to management they were all so lovely and a pleasure to work for. I very much hope to work with them again in the future.
Pros
Training to upskill, Eap
Cons
Paperwork
12 October 2020
Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. We appreciate the feedback.
6 June 2019
Childcare Assistant (Former Employee) - Dublin
I left Tigers as my family were relocating. I was really sad to leave and I still miss working for the company. Since I have left I have worked in other childcare services and to be honest they don't hold a patch on Tigers. The operations director is one of the best people you could meet. She is so supportive and honest and is there to help in whatever way she can. They expect high standards at all times from their staff and some people probably don't like that. The EAP programme they provide is invaluable and I used it many times when I worked there for many different reasons. I haven't worked anywhere else since that offers this to staff. If I move back to Dublin I will definitely be looking for a job with Tigers.
Pros
Eap, supportive management
12 October 2020
Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. We appreciate the feedback.
7 May 2019
Manager (Former Employee) - Dublin
The company will exploit you and your time for little to no money They will expect you to work in illegal and/or unsafe circumstances and expect you to keep your mouth shut Higher management haven't got a clue about what staff do or go through and they are very negative towards everyone below them Do not work here
12 October 2020
We strongly dispute your vexatious comment. At Tigers Childcare we follow all regulations that are in place - Childcare, Health & Safety and Employer. We use Peninsula Business Services to carry out Health & Safety audits on all of our premises. We also use them to provide HR support and advice. In addition, monthly supervision meetings are carried out with each manager and the managers in turn have monthly supervision meetings with their team members. These meetings help to highlight any issues that are occurring so that they can be rectified. Should you wish to discuss this further please email info@tigerschildcare.com and a member of our team will be in touch with you.