Tigers Childcare
Tigers Childcare Employee Review

Really great environment to work in!!

29 June 2019
Tigers has been a great support to me over the years and is a really happy environment to work in. The staff have made my time at tigers so enjoyable I have made friends for life! Everyone bonds so well and higher management are very approachable and easy to get along with. Tigers go above and beyond to provide staff with incredible training. They are constantly sending staff on new courses and giving them the opportunity to up skill. They also provide an employee assist programme for anyone who might need support outside work. They carry out internal inspections regularly to ensure that all centres are performing at the required level and offer praise and encouragement to the staff for their hard work. They do an employee of the month scheme every month and also give awards for no sick days. I found this great for boosting staff moral and it was great to see people recognised for their outstanding work!! With over 8 years of working here I can honestly say it has been an amazing journey. I have seen the company grow from the small afterschool it use to be into a very established childcare facility. The amount of work and effort that goes on behind the scenes to provide everyone with good quality childcare is unreal. Everyone works as a team throughout all the centres to make it work. I can't recommend Tigers enough as a company to work for, my experience here has been nothing but positive and has really been like a second family.
Pros
Training, employee assit programme
Cons
Can be a demanding job at times
12 October 2020
Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. We appreciate the feedback.
31 August 2020
Same role
Childcare Assistant (Former Employee) - Balgriffin, County Dublin
Amazing staff, got a long well with everyone miss them dearly - would recommend anyone to work at this place, had a lot of fun times during work hours!!!!
Pros
Staff/Management
Cons
Moved to uk
12 October 2020
Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. We appreciate your feedback.
6 June 2019
Same role
Childcare Assistant (Former Employee) - Dublin
I left Tigers as my family were relocating. I was really sad to leave and I still miss working for the company. Since I have left I have worked in other childcare services and to be honest they don't hold a patch on Tigers. The operations director is one of the best people you could meet. She is so supportive and honest and is there to help in whatever way she can. They expect high standards at all times from their staff and some people probably don't like that. The EAP programme they provide is invaluable and I used it many times when I worked there for many different reasons. I haven't worked anywhere else since that offers this to staff. If I move back to Dublin I will definitely be looking for a job with Tigers.
Pros
Eap, supportive management
12 October 2020
Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. We appreciate the feedback.
28 October 2019
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) - Dublin
I did not like anything about working here unfortunately. I was taken on as an admin assistant and from day 1 I was very unhappy with the management. Not only do they talk bad about their childcare workers behind doors, I felt there was no respect for them given the nature of the job and how overwhelming it can get for staff. There was a lot of absenses from the childcare workers due to mental and emotional health and not once dis I hear sympathy from management when in the office. I have a qualification in childcare and they would regularly send me all over Dublin to their different childcare centres when that was not my job description. I felt used and barely got a thank you for doing them that favour.
12 October 2020
We strongly dispute the contents of your comment. At Tigers Childcare we value our colleagues and recognise they are our most important asset. We offer a robust Employee Assistance Programme in partnership with Spectrum Life. This programme is invaluable to our colleagues who may be dealing with issues with regard to their emotional or mental health. If you were asked to cover in another service it would have been to ensure that we could operate within child:adult ratios as required under the Childcare Regulations and had you expressed a dissatisfaction at being asked to work in one of our services, I am sure your manager would have arranged something else. Should you wish to discuss this further please email info@tigerschildcare.com and a member of our team will get in touch with you.