Topaz

Topaz Employee Reviews

Ireland28 reviews
Great place to learn how retail business works and improve customer service skills, health and safety skills amongst others experience benefits, busy responsible job.
Pros
Permanent job
Cons
Mix of experienced and commited staff with the opposite
In my opinion, backwards and very disrespectful. When I was there the balance between job/life balance didn't exist at all. Some of the people working there thought that it was great because never experienced better, after being with Esso, it was a step backwards.
Pros
Very little
Cons
Irregular working hours
I enjoyed my time with topaz and hit and exceeded all targets given, so was a happy workplace.
The structure was strong and I was given my own territory to cover.
Pros
Commission, company car
Cons
I would start a normal day at 8am and finish at 2pm. my job varied in tasks. I would open up the shop and make sure all lights were on and also activate the till. I learned how to properly wash a car and work a till.My management were kind and were happy with my work ethic and punctuality. the culture of the workplace was good many of the fellow staff were helpful. the hardest part about my job was probably sweeping the yard or sorting out bins etc. my favourite part of my job was definitely interacting with customers, i never had an issues with them and my employers informed me i was well thought of within the area
Pros
good pay and helpful colleagues
Cons
Recieving texts late at night asking would i be able to work tommorow
every thing is good at the job i am so happy with this job manager is so good always listen and no pressure on employs good environment staff is very friendly
Pros
yes some time
Cons
no long hour
High work for little pay, very good for meeting new people. Management in my store is horrendous which is the only large drawback. Free coffee and bonuses of around 50 a month. Very little communication from above. Flexible hours so it's good for college students
Pros
Free coffee, meeting people, flexible
Cons
Management terrible, lack of communication from higher up
Work load high for very low wages,includes:
checking in deliveries,placing orders, stocking storeroom,removing rubbish, general cleaning,setting up deli counter,HACCUP recordings,cooking,making customers orders, filling coffee machines,brewing specialist coffees, cleaning coffee area,refilling& replenishment of coffee areas for milk,sugar,utensils & cleaning all of the above, cleaning seating areas ,clean display units,polish glass,mop floors,clean toilets AND any other job your asked to do
Pros
Great co-workers&customers
Cons
Wages too low, need to reward hard work
A multicultural work environment with great atmosphere which creates a good place to get the job done effective and within company procedures.The job requires a strong attitude towards meeting the customers needs and a comfortable place to understand all aspects of life.
Pros
Monthly bonus
Cons
Mixed hours and service stations
dealing with everyday situations and customers was amazing. loved the atmosphere and friendly attitude of the staff. increased my communication skills.
The hardest part of the job was a delivery, as a woman had to look after huge delivery when my male colleague were serving on the tills,
The management never responding to this issue.
Worked here for 2 years and was paid €9.50 per hour and you can't get paid any higher than that. Easy job though and worked with some good people. Good hours there but as I said same thing every day for very little pay.
Wonderful company to work for worked there for 15 years and due to restructure my job was made redundant. Looking for new opportunities. I learned all about effective business practices,logistics, distribution and customer care.
Lovely staff and work well as a team , can be a very tough job at times but there's no doubt when I leave work it stays behind me when I'm gone and when I come back I'm happy to be there
Pros
3€ lunches and 20c off petrol
Cons
i loved to work there . i enjoyed every moment
great team we had. i worked there for 3 years and that was best time of my career . i was lucky i had reat working experience
Pros
Cons
half an hour
They manegment take care of themselfs only.
emploees taken thru the friends only.

And no thank you and forget promotions what so ever.

back stabing prevailing daily dose and if you not happy you will work exactly with that person until you pass away.
Pros
free coffein
Cons
no life at all
Meeting and dealing with different types of people everyday

Learning new things like stock counts working tills

Great opportunity s for staff and customers like the play or park game for everybody
Pros
Meeting great people
Cons
Shifts
good to work with professional management, great team and support
I learned to be sharp,quick, and more good manage my job,

customer service,help each customer find what they looking for. i enjoying my job and happy what i done.
topaz was one of the best places to work
gainned alot experience from my time there.

went from deli to tills was amazing.

long hours but was good to work there

co workers was amazing like a family we all was. very close

recommend to anyone to work there.
Pros
staff discounts
Cons
I've worked in topaz for about a year most of the staff are great but every site I've worked in the management has been laughably terrible.
Pros
Cant think of one
Cons
No work life balance
Management was very good, they were reasonable and listened to staff suggestions. The workload was a bit too high and in some cases not justified by the wages. Working hours were non-negotiable though.
i worked with topaz cashel for almost a year and found it to be a fun place to work but was also very demanding at times. for example whenever a big event took place such as the ploughing championships or a concert it got extremely busy as the store is just off the M8. I would probably be still working there if I hadnt been offered a job in my home town.
Pros
free coffee, discounted meals, work mates very nice and fun to work with.
Cons
can be demanding at times.