Translation.ie

Translation.ie Employee Reviews

I am a freelancer so doesnt really understand the office environtment, and other benefit as a premanent contract, so far with freelance it was excelent.
This company is a translation company which has many clients such as, St James hospital, Criminal court of justice and many more. It is manly face to face interpretation and you need to be their anytime the company may need you, You have to be flexible and manage time and be ready for emergency calls at anytime.
It is always adventurous, because it requires not just language skill. But also learning new things that is outside your comfort zone. It is a contract base job, public transport fares are covered. And you are free to accept or reject any work based on freewill.
Payments are never ontime. Terrible payment system and do not care about the translators at all. Would avoid working for this company 100% Management are as nice as pie when they want jobs done but if you have a problem avoid you at all costs.
I enjoyed working for them. very professional and well organised.
Always challenging. Every day is different. Due to the nature of the business might be different locations every day. We do interpreting mostly in courts and hospitals.
No travel time paid and very few hours. No training. The Chinese owner is a sociopathic parasite that runs her business like a labour camp. Avoid like plague!
Pros
nice people the interpreters
Cons
abusive working conditions, typical precarious scam
The company is good if you are willing to build up the relationship with them and work a lot of long hours and multiple translations jobs per day. I personally enjoyed working there as I knew what I was going in to.
It's an interesting job and it's very different from any other work I have done before. Unfortunately, it's only on occasional basis for me but I guess that depends on the language you work with. Polish interpreters might do this on part or even full time basis, since there are far more Polish people in Ireland. Interpreting in courts might be quite challenging if you're not familiar with the law terms and also, the courtrooms have very poor acoustics. Working in Garda stations is something I enjoy the most. You are not their employee, you work for them as a freelancer, so you are responsible for your own taxes.
Pros
meeting new people, discovering new places, great opportunity to improve your second language
Cons
very short hours, travelling takes up too much time and you don't get paid for that time
Good company, great experience. Meeting many different places and people. The company Management is the most nicest people I’ve experienced. Is good please to work.
Working with invoices, employment documents, answering emails, phone calls, archiving, sending reminders to translators about tomorrows jobs. Interpreting.
you can be called to court, travel there for 30 min each way, park at your expenses and earn 15 € because you are need for one hour. unfortunately that happens too often. that is often whole day of work and your income for a day. good luck.
Pros
flexibility
Cons
short hours
Part time work for me although I would like to work in this field as I get a chance to give something back to society. I also enjoy working in a professional environment.
Translate for different defendants what the judgment from the judge and translate for the judge the defendants' defence and explanations for the the act commited.
Pros
nice hour rate
Cons
not to many cases
Each day is different.Depends on the client and place Communication in a professional and ethic manner Time management N/A - Freelancer Unpredictable situations,like road traffic etc. Communication
C'était un plaisir d'aller travailler à Translation.ie tous les jours. Le bureau est incroyablement bien situé, à 15min à pied du centre ville, et à une vue superbe sur la Liffey. Grand bureau carré ouvert très lumineux grâce auquel chaque employé a la possibilité de voir et de parler aux autres collègues. Le fait que le bureau ne comprenne que 7 employés facilite l'échange et la convivialité entre collègues, ce qui est un plus pour le bien-être de chaque personne qui y travaille. Les rôles y sont bien définis, ce qui n'empêche pas l'entraide. Une journée typique commençait par un checking des emails reçus la veille et puis en tant que stagiaire à faire tout ce qu'il m'était demandé de faire pendant la journée, que ce soit accueillir les nouveaux interprètes, préparer les documents, faire de l'archivage, de la comptabilité ou de répondre au téléphone. l'aspect le plus agréable était la diversité des tâches à accomplir ainsi que l'ajout de responsabilités qu'on m'ait donné au fil des mois.
Pros
gentillesse générale
Cons
petite entreprise
Self employed Working as a contractor Legal and medical translation