Translation.ie Employee Reviews for Interpreter

Fun if you are good at it
Chinese (Mandarin) Interpreter in Ireland (Former Employee) –  Athlone, County Westmeath24 September 2019
It is always adventurous, because it requires not just language skill. But also learning new things that is outside your comfort zone. It is a contract base job, public transport fares are covered. And you are free to accept or reject any work based on freewill.
Great for small jobs
Freelance Interpreter (Former Employee) –  Dublin12 November 2018
The company is good if you are willing to build up the relationship with them and work a lot of long hours and multiple translations jobs per day. I personally enjoyed working there as I knew what I was going in to.
Interesting job
Czech & Slovak Interpreter (Current Employee) –  Kerry, Cork10 September 2018
It's an interesting job and it's very different from any other work I have done before. Unfortunately, it's only on occasional basis for me but I guess that depends on the language you work with. Polish interpreters might do this on part or even full time basis, since there are far more Polish people in Ireland. Interpreting in courts might be quite challenging if you're not familiar with the law terms and also, the courtrooms have very poor acoustics. Working in Garda stations is something I enjoy the most.
You are not their employee, you work for them as a freelancer, so you are responsible for your own taxes.
Pros
meeting new people, discovering new places, great opportunity to improve your second language
Cons
very short hours, travelling takes up too much time and you don't get paid for that time
Good to work but only casual
Interpreter (Current Employee) –  Cork25 July 2018
Good company, great experience. Meeting many different places and people. The company Management is the most nicest people I’ve experienced. Is good please to work.
Interpreter for Thai language
Interpreter (Current Employee) –  Shannon, County Clare11 February 2017
Part time work for me although I would like to work in this field as I get a chance to give something back to society. I also enjoy working in a professional environment.
Great workplace
Romanian Interpreter (Current Employee) –  Cork18 May 2016
Translate for different defendants what the judgment from the judge and translate for the judge the defendants' defence and explanations for the the act commited.
Pros
nice hour rate
Cons
not to many cases