Trinity Biotech

Trinity Biotech Employee Reviews

Ireland10 reviews

Secure work with no progression

I am grateful for everything I´ve learned in Trinity Biotech. I was exposed to a global culture and worked with the European market for the first time. There´s no progression and you are not threated as an individual unfortunately. It´s time for me to look for a new challenge.

Small Company, lots of responsibility, varied work load.

Work in Engineering Department, One of the better Departments there. Small team, Good boss, Varied workload,plenty of opportunities to learn. Facilities ,automation & laboratory equipment to learn from.

Pros

Flexible working hrs, Good team.

Cons

Lack of yearly pay increases.

Exciting workplace

Trinity Biotech is a diverse workforce and offers excellent career development opportunities. The organisation is unique in terms of the products that we produce. Quoted on the NASDAQ Index, the organisation is a great success story for an Irish medical devices company.

Busy productive and fun place to work

A typical day in Trinity Biotech would start with meetings and plans for a day. We learn every day how to improve and deliver better products to our patients.The management of the company is highly professional and competent. The hardest part of the job is time pressure. The most enjoyable part is knowing that we are saving people's lives.

Pros

Motivation

Cons

Poor pay

A company in serious need of change in order for things to get better

The company would be way better off with a new management team who communicates well with their employees. Also the pay should match the amount of work.

Pros

relaxed working environment

Cons

Poor pay, poor management, no job security

Great place

I totally enjoyed my time here. I was here for only 4 months. I gained a vast amount of experience. I was left to my own devices and of course trained into the job in question.

Pros

Great expereince

Cons

No job unfortunately as the Recession hit.

Excellent knowledge and experience gained in a fast paced environment

Adhering to a master schedule , under the direction of a production manager, I work as part of a highly skilled technical rapids team in a fast paced , GMP controlled environment. Daily duties are carried out in compliance with health and safety and quality systems in the interest of quality assurance ,customer service and cost. Key responsibilities involved; Involved in the production of Uni-GoldTM HIV test kits supplied to an FDA/WHO regulated market. Testing and troubleshooting of the Uni-Gold finish product before and after approval to ensure the high standard carried by Trinity Biotech are met. Involved in tech transfer of an existing product recently moved from manual assembly to automation which involved formulating a series of components used to manufacture the product and performing feasibility trials and validating the finished product, Collaboration and co-operation with other sectors of the company e.g QC, Bio processing, Assembly, PE and Filling. Calibration, documentation and maintenance of laboratory equipment such a pH meters, analytical balances, spectrophotometers, laminar flow hood, biological safety cabinets, pipettes. Work efficiently in an FDA regulated laboratory with a high attention to detail, adhering to cGMP standards. Identifying and addressing issues that may effect the integrity of the finished product. Processes such as conjugation , dialysis, filtration and purification of HIV antigens Completing and checking documentation including formulation records, log sheets, scrap forms, filtration records, NCMRs, training -

Pros

Fast paced, highly regulated, good working hours

Productive workplace.

Every day was a challenge to take care of high quality made products. Productive and professional workplace. It was a positive experience with friendly and nice people to work with. Atmosphere was excellent.

The company

No great prospects going forward at the moment they try their best. It started well but since shifts were introduced we are down to a 3 day week which doesn't help.

Pros

hours and travel

Cons

wages and hours.

Two days are never the same

I will be working with Trinity Biotech for one year this November. This is my first job since graduating and I am so happy I managed to get the position with this company.I feel I have learned so much in such a short space of time. I have really enjoyed my time here so far and hope to continue learning as much as possible.I think we have a great team within our department and everyone gets on well and works hard with each other. I've learned a lot from them and they are always pleased to offer advice.The hardest part of my job used to be monitoring stock levels of raw materials within our production labs. We needed to know exactly how much stock on hand we had of Kanban products on an instant and very accurate level. We developed a new spreadsheet which enables us to overlook where exactly the goods are going; which labs are buying this and how much. This then enables us to see the flow of stock and where the cost reductions can be found. Since this new spreadsheet we have met our targets of reducing our Consumables Spend by 2% each month for the last 4 months.My most enjoyable part of my job is working on the freight profile. Trinity had a spend of over $1million in 2011 and I am confident this is a project where I can help reduce the company's spend on freight.

Pros

good team to work with. very helpful managers with experience.

Cons

no overtime

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Trinity Biotech. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.6 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement