Tusla

Tusla Employee Reviews

Ireland12 reviews

Relief work

Plenty of house as a relief worker and great atmosphere where I worked pay is good depending on the agency you are with (student review just out of college)

Great company to work for

Plenty of opportunites within this company all over Ireland. Definitely multicultured. Nice working conditions. Plenty of courses online for all staff members to progress with career path. I would definitely recommend Tusla.

Insights into Tusla

What people like
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Supportive environment
Areas for improvement
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Ability to meet personal goals

Nice work colleagues

Great work colleagues and i have made good friends in this job. I would like to work closer to home or on a part time basis. There is very little flexibility in Tusla to do this.

Government body

Fast paced High standards Supportive environment Secure government employment Essential service Independent working and collaborative team working

Challenging work but great colleagues

Busy environment, often too busy. Unpredictable hours and constantly behind on to-do lists. Great colleagues, good craic, rewarding work. Work life balance hard to maintain and you will really need your holidays.

A busy high pressured environment. The hardest part was having a huge work load & not enough hours in the day. I learnt a lot of new skills and challenged myself

Excellent organisation

Love love love working here! Fantastic ethos and culture. Totally child focused and passionate and dedicated staff and professionals. Autonomous working conditions for passionate professionals

A very diverse place to work.

A very rewarding experience, if at times hectic and very challenging! Rarely a dull moment and meet all types of people from various backgrounds. Good training is provided on an regular basis.

Secure . Flexible and interesting.

Long career with this company. Interesting work, meet new people every day. Flexibility and variety to work. Travel is interesting. The hardest part of the job is the endless paperwork and lack of admin support. Caseloads are too large and the expectation to see families every few weeks in unrealistic. Commitment to training and personal development is difficult to attain given challenges of workload.

Pros

Travel

Cons

Endless paperwork

I loved Working there

I loved working as a child in care Social worker. It was one of the most life changing and personality building, experience of my life. The people I worked wish were soo welcoming and made me feel strong and confident even when I needed help and advice. I felt very comfortable working there and looked forward to going into work each day. This was by far the best working experience I have had and I was very sad to leave.

Pros

staff, management, working enviournment

Cons

high workoad

Challenging but very rewarding and enjoyable workplace

Start at or before 9am. Either have meetings, emails/phone calls/letters/etc. to attend to or be visiting children/families/residential units. I learned how to work in a fast pace and challenging work environment and learned how to enjoy this by being positive and optimistic as well as appreciating the importance of having a good team of colleagues. My co workers were extremely nice and helpful which created a more positive and productive work environment. The hardest part of the job was the struggle to make noticeable change and the burden of bureaucracy. I rarely felt 'on top' of my workload. The most enjoyable part of the job was spending positive moments with the children.

Pros

I enjoyed it

Cons

Stressful at times

brilliant place to work

Brilliant staff, very efficiently run and crucial social service. Good rate of pay and excellent training to bring forth into future positions of employment also.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tusla. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.2 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare Tusla with

Learn about Tusla in popular locations

• Tusla
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?