Tusla

High standards

Supportive environment

Secure government employment

Essential service

Independent working and collaborative team working
Great work colleagues and i have made good friends in this job. I would like to work closer to home or on a part time basis. There is very little flexibility in Tusla to do this.
Busy environment, often too busy. Unpredictable hours and constantly behind on to-do lists. Great colleagues, good craic, rewarding work. Work life balance hard to maintain and you will really need your holidays.
A busy high pressured environment. The hardest part was having a huge work load & not enough hours in the day.

I learnt a lot of new skills and challenged myself
Love love love working here!
Fantastic ethos and culture. Totally child focused and passionate and dedicated staff and professionals.

Autonomous working conditions for passionate professionals
A very rewarding experience, if at times hectic and very challenging!
Rarely a dull moment and meet all types of people from various backgrounds. Good training is provided on an regular basis.
Long career with this company. Interesting work, meet new people every day. Flexibility and variety to work. Travel is interesting.
The hardest part of the job is the endless paperwork and lack of admin support. Caseloads are too large and the expectation to see families every few weeks in unrealistic.

Commitment to training and personal development is difficult to attain given challenges of workload.
Pros
Travel
Cons
Endless paperwork
I loved working as a child in care Social worker. It was one of the most life changing and personality building, experience of my life. The people I worked wish were soo welcoming and made me feel strong and confident even when I needed help and advice. I felt very comfortable working there and looked forward to going into work each day. This was by far the best working experience I have had and I was very sad to leave.
Pros
staff, management, working enviournment
Cons
high workoad
Start at or before 9am. Either have meetings, emails/phone calls/letters/etc. to attend to or be visiting children/families/residential units.

I learned how to work in a fast pace and challenging work environment and learned how to enjoy this by being positive and optimistic as well as appreciating the importance of having a good team of colleagues.

My co workers were extremely nice and helpful which created a more positive and productive work environment.

The hardest part of the job was the struggle to make noticeable change and the burden of bureaucracy. I rarely felt 'on top' of my workload.

The most enjoyable part of the job was spending positive moments with the children.
Pros
I enjoyed it
Cons
Stressful at times
Brilliant staff, very efficiently run and crucial social service. Good rate of pay and excellent training to bring forth into future positions of employment also.