UPS

UPS Employee Reviews

Ireland65 reviews

Found 65 reviews matching the searchSee all 49,929 reviews

Productive and busy

Productive and busy, really enjoyed working for the company and wearing the brand, the problem was management any problems that were brought to their attention they just didn't want to hear it. I'm sure once that management was changed it was probably a great place to work

Common sense aint that common

I joined UPS about 10 Yrs ago. I thought I was on the up when I got in. I discovered that the company is a bit weird. The management make decisions that actually screw things up and your the idiot having to do it. Progression doesn't exist unless your part of the oligarchy. Hard work is not recognised or rewarded. There is lots of people doing as little as possible and getting away with it because of their relationship with their supervisors. The rest then are overloaded trying to cover the easy street brigade. It's not a good place. The money is respectable to be fair but you need a decent wage to compensate ya for all the BS. If your looking for a good job don't come to UPS.

Secure job

Good job security, it can be stressful at sometimes, but it is not that bad, the payment is good. Working hours a bit hard to have work life balance as it is night shift.

Fast paced

I've spent 11 good years with ups but a lot of changes happened recently and I found it very difficult to adapt, due to this I had to leave and find work elsewhere and had no help or support from ups which was very annoying. I also went for other positions in the company and was unsuccessful which also turned me off and discouraged me from continuing to work with them.

Secure job

Hard job but rewarding when you have family commitments. UPS supplies yous well.I can only thanks to UPS Ireland ( Finglas depot ) for very good experience.

Terrible!

Bad management, poor culture, health and safety non existent. Military structure. Too many chiefs, not enough Indians. Absolutely soul destroying. Do not recommend to anyone.

Pros

Free hot water

A very territorial place

The hours are great if you wished for a day job and weekends off. Warehouse staff and other department staff were supportive and helpful.Staff and management who works there more than a decade who has issues in terms of customer service, click culture, blame culture, micro management. Management have very poor people skills. They humiliate you in front of other staff. Those old timer staff, they would try to intimidate you, as if they act that they own the place, very old school, very unprofessional. There had been bullying issues happening within the place which the management tends to ignore and no action rendered to it.

Pros

Few gifts from other client during Christmas. 9-5.30 job, Mondays to Fridays Fair salary Bank holidays

Cons

Very poor management, lack of people skills, no time for training one on one, No benefits, very difficult to request for leave. Old staff are territorial

nice place to work

ok place to work pay wasnt great worked part time for christmas few years back .wasnt paid on time and paid after christmas other staff were ok , .....

Depressing Kip

Not what it says on the tin - the place is awful, poor management , they are a terrible company to work for , you’re lucky if your paid the correct wages at the end of the month , lack of communication is a joke , impossible to contact HR if you have any issues , soon as I find something better I’m gone

Pros

No weekend work

Cons

Everything else

Very bad work environment, treating people bad .

There was made changes in the company which affected drivers ,bad treatment from management especially if you are foreigner ,they just tell you what do you want to hear!

High employee turnover

High turnover as salary below average and staff not appreciated. No bonus, no healthcare and work distributed to others when people leave instead of replacing staff

Pros

Work from home

Cons

High staff turnover

Not a good place

Not a good place to work for horrible management, and work to life balance, getting treated horrible by managers who have absolutely no experience what so ever.

Pros

Half decent pay

Cons

Forced overtime, No heating. No benefits

Stressful & Toxic Management

Higher management are awful and are running the business into the ground. Decisions are made for jobs that your working without management taking input from those actually working in that sep office role. Lack of information needed to perform to the best of your abilities on a daily basis

Pros

Decent pay/benefits

Cons

Awful management, no progression.

Driver

Stay away from this place!It will only cost u stress,broken back and grey hair.Minimum an 100 deliveries,plus 25 collections everyday.No excuse.Must be done otherwise u willbe In trouble.No respect for workers,especially drivers.Bad management.Very poor pay.All day everyday Full off stress.Avoid this place at all cost!Pls.

Pros

Sick days fully PAID.

Cons

Long hours. Shouting.Pushing to the maximum. bad treatment.No private life.

Fast-paced , stressful , thankless

Wouldn't recommend to anyone who is easily upset or offended , have to be a team player and willing / able to do any job that needs attention , training is on the job with little help once you are shown once

Pros

Zero

Cons

Early start and a split shift

Très satisfaisant

Bon souvenir de cette entreprise Facilite de progression si on se donne les moyensReconnaissance du travail bien fait Évolution de carrière accessibleEncadrement à l écoute

Very high turnover of staff

Drivers are consistently pushed too hard, leading to stress and burnout. If you deliver 100 packages today you will be required to deliver 110 packages tomorrow.

Absolute Hole

If you want to work really hard and be completely under appreciated, this is the job for you. Had the misfortune of working for 1 particularly glorified Neanderthal with a bad attitude. Most here have 0 people skills.

Pros

Free parking on site

Cons

Terrible work environment and zero communication skills within the management

Productive and respectful workplace

I have worked for UPS for just over two years and find them a fantastic company to work for.Basically you have your daily jobs / tasks to complete any additional tasks are clearly explained to you. You are then left to get on with the work and are expected to complete it that day, however should an issue arise and you contact your supervisor they will help you get the job over the line.

Pros

Your boss is your boss and not a dictator.

Cons

Decent wahes

Leuke internationale werkomgeving (in Ierland)

Ik heb ruim 8 jaar met groot plezier gewerkt bij UPS. Het is soms moeilijk, stressful zeker maar zeer leerzaam. Als je kan leven met grote druk voor een niet al te best loon, dan is dit zeker een aanrader al was het alleen maar de collegialiteit & het hoge internationale karakter.

Pros

Zeer leuke collega's globaal

Cons

Erg veel werkdruk

Management do not help at all, Security Officers make accusations and constantly overloaded and worked. If you can't complete all stops, you are threatened with job security. They have unreachable targets, they don't care if you have young family or I'll family members.

Pros

On your own in a van

Cons

Constantly bullied by management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at UPS. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.5 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement