UPS Employee Reviews

Found 25 reviews matching the search See all 35,534 reviews
Not an overall good - bad Experience
Senior General Ledger Accountant (Former Employee) –  Citywest, County Dublin14 October 2019
Poor work life balance.
Managment needs to update their aproach to employees.
I was able to develop some areas that I didn´t have experience on.
Not a competitive salary and benefits
Terrible workplace.
Service Provider (Former Employee) –  Cork9 October 2019
Training was totally over the top. a week in the UK at driver school inc uniform inspections nuts. none of the training of any use. driving test every year.
I had to go in early and work on a sort line where packages would come off a number of trucks. Sometimes a truck was late still expected to carry out a full days work if it was. Heavy lifting involved here often more than i would be comfortable with. routes changing regularly often asked to cover another driver without knowing the guys route. expected to be able to get the same delivery numbers.
Management were not interested in sorting any problems just getting packages delivered. very difficult to get holidays all the good holiday weeks would be given to the managers friends. A group of long serving drivers calling the shots always trying to catch newer guys to do more and more of their work often out working late while the special ones were finished hours before and away home.
All management is based in Dublin. not able to speak directly to anyone health and safety or HR all via the local guy who did what he was told.
Glad to have gotten out of the place.
Customer Service
Billing Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Dublin15 May 2019
I found hight competition in Italian department among colleagues. Pay attention. I suggest of speak less of your future. Enviroment is not how you can see it.
Pros
Cons
Free car park
ok per un po' di tempo in assenza di un'alternativa migliore
assistenza fatturazione clienti (Former Employee) –  County Dublin7 March 2019
Assistenza clienti con problemi di fatturazione via telefono.

Non si investe in formazione, se non il primo mese quando un formatore interno ti passa delle informazioni su come usare il loro sistema informatico (molto arretrato).

La priorità è tenere i costi bassi e cercare di spillare più soldi ai clienti con degli espedienti .

Turn over molto alto in azienda. Numero di persone non sufficiente per la mole di chiamate.
Pros
orario di lavoro Lunedi Venerdi 8:45 alle 17:30
Cons
management
Typical call centre
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Dublin21 December 2018
Very stressful job taking calls from german customers continuously trying to trace packages awaiting delivery. Regimental company, for example for a 15 minute tea break you had to be logged out and back into your phone within 15 minutes. You weren't allowed take breaks in between calls to complete paperwork on the previous call so very stressful. Not for me!
Productieve, internationale werkomgeving
European District Support Administrator (Current Employee) –  Dublin17 June 2018
UPS is de grootste vervoerder van pakketten ter wereld en voorziet in vervoer van vracht en pallets.
De werkdruk is hoog, maar altijd is er steun en hulp van leidinggevenden en het management.
Door de internationale, meerdere nationaliteiten werkzaam op de site, is de sfeer goed en ontspannen.
UPS doet veel aan liefdadigheid, waarbij het personeel wordt aangemoedigd om hierin te participeren.
Pros
UPS doet veel aan liefdadigheid
Cons
te weinig waardering in de vorm van bonussen/vakantiegeld
CSR now closed
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Tallaght, County Dublin18 March 2018
Lot of job to do, have to be organized. Solve issue and find solution all the time. Need to be flexible. don't count your hours and you won't get compensation
Customer Service representive
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  South Dublin, County Dublin12 February 2018
Starting in a call centre is a great experience if this is your 1st Job or just landed in Dublin and seeking for a job.
High volume of calls, but can be manageable

You develop an experience for customer service.

Great fun with colleagues.

No canteen
Hard physically demandind but rewarding.
Driver-Assistant/ Package deliveries (Former Employee) –  Dublin29 January 2018
An overall enjoyable and rewarding work experience. Many new systems and practices to be learned but excellently mentored by team-mate. Good communications in place.
Pros
Meet different people and hone people skills
Cons
Irregular start/finish times
A day in UPS
Billing Analyst (Current Employee) –  Dublin10 January 2018
A typical day at UPS is a day full of information and opportunities to get to know different aspects and people in the work place. My favourite part in the job are the people that I met there, all hard working and trustworthy.
prison
Billing and Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Dublin8 November 2017
one of the worst workplace that i've been for a couple of years. Bad management, wrong approach with the job and the people, no benefit.

career progression is an utopia, if you are not in the grace of the few, favouritism is in place, be careful
Pros
no pros
Cons
if you read the pros, dont need to know anything else
Good environment looks after employees
Warehouse Operative (Current Employee) –  Dublin14 February 2017
Good job to have loads of benefits to it and there great to work with only bad side is I only get 20 hours a week but I'd still recommend anyone to go for this job if looking for work
Pros
Health benefits 11:20 and hour
Cons
Only 20 hours a week and paid monthly
Fun work place!
Child carer (Former Employee) –  Dublin14 July 2016
Its a fun place to work, staff are lovely and we all work great as a team!
Great place for your kids, loads of different activites hey do with them.
ups
Enterprise Accounts Administrator (Former Employee) –  Dublin13 July 2016
great place to work. career opportunities. office well located and relaxed. management always available. the facility is old and doesn't have a canteen
good place to work
Accountant assistant in WWF dept (Current Employee) –  Dublin, D16 January 2016
Preparing and maintaining accurately the CBA ; issuing invoices
• Responding and helping in timely manners for any query of agent countries( reports, shipments and payments enquiry)
• During the month prepare the bookings for the additional compensation in highly accurate way, also adding new customer contracts into system
• Respond to initial analytical queries from the region team or district
• Prepare and upload the journals, also monitor the month end close reports in high standard and accuracy
Pros
work and study combination
Cons
low salary, benefits
FCR First calling resolution
FCR First calling resolution Agent (Former Employee) –  Dublin, D6 October 2015
Meeting and greeting clients visiting the offices.
Preparing professional looking sales brochures and promotional information.Customer law procedure advice.
Marketing by phone & letters properties to potential buyers or tenants.
Visiting vacant and inhabited properties and inspecting them.
Comparing a property to others in the area then estimating its value.
Pointing out a properties best features to buyers and answering their questions.
Advising clients on which properties to buy or let.
Any negotiation with vendors and buyer.
Writing up tenancy agreement contracts.
Commercial awareness and a good feel for the property market.
Referring & introducing potential clients to the agencies Mortgage Consultant
Work Ethics
F&A Assistant Controller (Current Employee) –  Dublin Ireland7 September 2015
You will get your skills level enhanced by working for this company. However, the growth can be slow but if you prepare to stay long term it will bring you up the ranks and have resources to train you.
stressfull and unrewarding
service provider (Current Employee) –  Dublin, D116 July 2015
Start work 650am not paid until 8 am have to do this as people employed to load your truck/van could not do this properly. Gained
great driving skills and learned how to use hand held computer. Have good knowledge of south Dublin. Not the best place to work for as management do not show any appreciation for hard work. I work well with co workers we help each other out when work load is to much. The hardest part of my day would be trying to get express+ delivered before 9am and express before 12 am while also doing between 100 to 130 drops a day and 4 to 20 pick ups. The part of the job I enjoy the most is when I finish bout 630pm every evening.
Pros
ok wages
Angenehmes Arbeitsklima, gute Schulung, faires Gehalt
Sachbearbeitung / Kundenbetreuung (Former Employee) –  Ballymount, D26 June 2015
- Bearbeitung von Kundenanfragen bezüglich Rechnungsstellung
- Telefonische Kundenbetreuung
- Gutschriften Erstellung
Pros
Flexible Arbeitszeiten
Cons
Keine Zusatzleistungen
Journee de travail agreable
Customer Service Representative/ Billing (Former Employee) –  Dublin, Ireland15 June 2015
I start my job at 7am, I have to assign a task's priority based on it's due date.... In the mean time I can be order to be log in on the phone (avarage of 3h/day). I'm in charge of 3 differents email boxes (French Swiss Customer and Enflish Belgium Customer) and I have the sole responsibility of my team for dealing with preferred customers in English and French for the Belgium and Dutch customer. I've a target of 12email per hours in average.
I also have other daily and weekly administration tasks related to UPS procedures. As part of this work I am working with Excel on a daily basis. Using Excel so often, I managed to learn the software and started to like it. l have to prepare report and calculation of price of shipment for the customers and/and my management.

There are a lot opportunities within UPS to change the positon.

The management is great
. flexible scheduling for the holidays
. provide positive feedback (say thank you and hello)
. Acknowledge personal events in an employee’s life – wedding, birth of a child, death of a loved one.

Positive aspects:
I've only 30 min lunch break wihch allow me to finish at 3.30pm.
Able to rotate the tasks within the team to learn and develop new skills.
nice and friendly work place
posibility to request training

Negative aspects:
No cantine
Pros
flexibility with holidays / bonus

512.7K