UPS

UPS

UPS Employee Review

Common sense aint that common

I joined UPS about 10 Yrs ago. I thought I was on the up when I got in. I discovered that the company is a bit weird. The management make decisions that actually screw things up and your the idiot having to do it. Progression doesn't exist unless your part of the oligarchy. Hard work is not recognised or rewarded. There is lots of people doing as little as possible and getting away with it because of their relationship with their supervisors. The rest then are overloaded trying to cover the easy street brigade. It's not a good place. The money is respectable to be fair but you need a decent wage to compensate ya for all the BS. If your looking for a good job don't come to UPS.

1.0 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Same role

Management do not help at all, Security Officers make accusations and constantly overloaded and worked. If you can't complete all stops, you are threatened with job security. They have unreachable targets, they don't care if you have young family or I'll family members.

Pros

On your own in a van

Cons

Constantly bullied by management
Same roleSame location

Terrible workplace.

Training was totally over the top. a week in the UK at driver school inc uniform inspections nuts. none of the training of any use. driving test every year. I had to go in early and work on a sort line where packages would come off a number of trucks. Sometimes a truck was late still expected to carry out a full days work if it was. Heavy lifting involved here often more than i would be comfortable with. routes changing regularly often asked to cover another driver without knowing the guys route. expected to be able to get the same delivery numbers. Management were not interested in sorting any problems just getting packages delivered. very difficult to get holidays all the good holiday weeks would be given to the managers friends. A group of long serving drivers calling the shots always trying to catch newer guys to do more and more of their work often out working late while the special ones were finished hours before and away home. All management is based in Dublin. not able to speak directly to anyone health and safety or HR all via the local guy who did what he was told. Glad to have gotten out of the place.
Same location

Productive and busy

Productive and busy, really enjoyed working for the company and wearing the brand, the problem was management any problems that were brought to their attention they just didn't want to hear it. I'm sure once that management was changed it was probably a great place to work

Ask a question about working or interviewing at UPS. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.5 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement
  • UPS
  • Common sense aint that common