UCD Employee Reviews

Ireland17 reviews
I can't really say what it's like to work in UCD but it was a pleasure working for them. The team I worked with were very fair and understanding and really wanted to work with me as apposed to me just making them something and delivering it.
Being a student caller was a bit boring. I personally do not like ringing people and asking them for money - which was essentially what we were doing.
Working as a student caller in UCD gave me a great opportunity in developing many skills, in particular customer relations and marketing. We were thought the difference between positive and negative phrasing, the importance of tone etc. Shifts were quite intense but satisfying, with the supervisors giving you feedback as often as possible and praising you openly when receiving a donation.
Pros
flexibles shifts
Cons
no chance of promotion
have being doin labouring here great people on sites an good ppl to work for would defo work for them again as its great place to work in as their all genuine ppl
Planning out lab sessions, repairing and troubleshooting electronic equipment in the morning and running laboratories in the afternoon. I learned how to troubleshoot electronic circuit boards using multimeters and oscilloscopes. I leaned how to co-ordinate and run student laboratory sessions. Management were very good to me. The culture was very academic. The hardest part of the job was keeping on top of damaged equipment. The most enjoyable part was that I had my own office in which to get my own work done.
Pros
own office and good company and colleagues
Cons
no real cons
Working with an Irish SME to assist them in searching new business channels and new market entry. Regular meetings were held with the client rep and presentations were made 4 times over the 12 week period.
Pros
Learning about the client's industry
Cons
Tedious research
Great place to work, but again no security, just 6 month contracts. Hence my decision to search for full-time permanent position moving forward. UCD is a massive operation.
Pros
facilities
Cons
no security
I am very simple and realistic man, open-minded and I would like to search in science, I like foot ball, table tennis , swimming , travel, and more more friends.
Pros
optimistic
Cons
No drinking and vegetarian
The world of business is ever evolving and UCD Lochlann Quinn School of Business is evolving with it. The up to date curriculum, excellent teaching facilities and world class academics ensure that each student is prepared to success in their career wherever it may takes them.
Great work-life balance, full support for students, very enjoyable course, looking forward to completing my studies in UCD, Glad I chose this university to attend.
Foi um trabalho dificil, mas gratifacante e ajudou bastante á desenvolver meu ingles.
Pros
pessoas agradaveis.
I did not work here, I was undergoing work experience and am unaware of any benefits, pay etc.
From my experience it is a good place to work. Friendly and helpful people. you learn as you work and can gain many new skills in such an environment.
Woking at the exam, 4 weeks per year 12, 5 hours per day
Good experience in relation to the work from big with group of people
Working as a Residential Assistant I was responsible for the well.being of the First Year students living on the Campus. There were four teams of four and we lived and worked together. While in theory the Job was twice and one weekend a month, in reality you were always on duty, helping the other teams. At times it was a stressful job especially when you ad an exam coming up and the students decided your night on duty they were going to have a loud party or play dangerous joke on each other. However most of the time it was stress-free and the students were easy to manage.
Pros
Team Orientated, Free Accomadation
Cons
Weekend work, Late night hours
Typical day would be going to lectures.
I have learned Loads on mental health

Some lecturers would allow some students to miss clinical skills lectures which were important to our knowledge base.

got on well with fellow students.

The hardest thing of being in lectures was hearing the lecturers over some students who talked throughout.

Learning was the most enjoyable part .
Pros
Learning new skills
Cons
Not being paid
I enjoy teaching. I have been out of teaching for a number of years but I think it is a skill which you never lose once you have been trained. I got very favourable comment from my tutors about my teaching methods.
In my view preparation is the most important thing when teaching as well as a good knowledge of your subject and good communication skills.
Pros
Imparting knowledge to students.
Cons
Long hours of preparation.
My typical day would consist of meeting candidates who were to be tested for their sports and fitness levels , this was part of the research being carried out by the labs technicians , I learned about the organisational skills needed to run a lab, and how to best observe what is going on around me so i could take relevant notes .The hardest part of this job was the travel out from malahide to UCD,
The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting famous athletes from all over I Ireland who ere taking part in the studies.
Pros
Meeting athletes
Cons
Travel to and from the workplace