ULSTER BANK Employee Reviews

Badly organised
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Dublin, Ireland15 August 2019
Work environment is pretty much run by contractors. While this isn't necessarily a bad thing, too many people can sometimes hamper productivity and there are definitely too many outside staff employed on projects with very little outside guidance.
Pros
Great staff
Cons
Badly organised
Nice place to wrk
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dublin West, County Dublin8 May 2019
There is never a typical day within the PMO team. Every day is different and often full on which is why we need to be prepared to deal with anything that is required of us. As a team we help the project teams understand systems, create and update pages in SharePoint to ensure the project teams have clear and concise information at their fingertips and all in one central location. MI reporting to senior management and stakeholders is updated on a regular basis to ensure it is available as and when requested. There really is never a dull moment in the PMO.
Pros
Nice Working Hours
Cons
Bad leadership
Professional Friendly environment
Customer Service Officer (Former Employee) –  Dublin29 April 2019
If I was put on a different cash counter on any day, the first thing I would have to do was balance the cash to be sure it was correct.

After this, I would check the internal post for any fast lodgement envelopes that may have been posted in the evenings. If they were there I would key them to the relevant account according to the details on the envelopes.

I was in charge of coin orders, so other shops in the centre would put their coin orders in for their own tills. I would then bag them up in the form they wanted them.

I was also the foreign cashier, so I would print off the daily exchange rates from The Central Bank Of Ireland & update our board.

The branch then opened at 9.30 and I was ready for full service for the day from there.

I was taught a lot at Ulster Bank. The staff and management were extremely helpful. It was a lovely place to work. The branch was based in a shopping centre, and we had a lot of regular customers, from the centre for business along with personal. And also from the general public. Dealing with them face to face every day was really nice and I built a great rapport with them all.

Certain days and times were busier and harder than others but you just had to keep your head down and serve them one by one and deal with their queries individually.

The most enjoyable part of my job, I feel was how genuinely friendly my customers were. Some people would wait in line for me to serve them (this was hard sometimes if it was my lunch time) but I took pride in thinking that they felt that level of confidence in me that they only wanted
  more... to deal with me.  less
Pros
Every Wed the branch opened at 10am due to a morning meeting, here we were treated to breakfast.
Cons
Working Saturdays 9 -1 staff got a day in lieu but as I was agency staff I got a half day in lieu, I had no job security because I was agency staff, I wasn't entitled to any benefits because I was agency staff
Administrator
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Dublin16 June 2018
This role involved updating Property Valuations and looking into Buy to Let and Owner Occupied Mortgages. It was an updating of information on mortgages .
Pros
Dublin City Center
Cons
Short Term Contracts
Bank Official (Former Employee) –  Dublin29 May 2018
I found Ulster Bank to be a good place to work. Good work life balance and opportunities for further education/training and also opportunities for advancement.
Too much work
Full Time - Permanent - Internal Promotion (Former Employee) –  Dublin13 March 2018
I worked on a few job roles at the same time, you really had to be multi tasked as the usual day would be manic. On the top of that, I was PA to management, where I had to look after a number of managers at the same time.
Pros
perm job
Cons
too much job
Customer Services Officer (Former Employee) –  Dublin30 December 2017
Ulster Bank is a great place to work and have a great work ethics and encourage work life balance. they encourage your advancement by ensuring that the necessary training it given to encourage you with your career advancement
Sales driven customer environment
Bank Manager (Former Employee) –  Ireland28 September 2017
- Managing staff in all aspects of branch banking - Ensuring all sales targets were met - Complying with all regulations, procedures and policies - Developing customer relationships by providing good customer service - Objectives distributed amongst the team and monitored to ensure the branch was on target to succeed - Training all staff to a professional and competent level - Utilising my organisational skills to plan and prioritise efficiently on an ongoing basis - Ensuring that I am productive in my role by managing my time / work efficiently - Ensuring that good standards of conduct and practice are observed at all times and at every level throughout the branch
Pros
Great salary - opportunities available to those that want to progress
Cons
Reduced community presence with branch closures - less customer interaction face-to-face
Bad in Good places
Customer Service Officer (Former Employee) –  Dublin10 August 2017
Enjoyable routine, plenty of onsite additions & plenty of pleasant people to work with in Dublin Mortgage Centre. Work-life enjoyable not too pressurized but good attitude works well. Work during economic downturn. Best of both worlds before and after this time . HR very accommodating.
Pros
Hr, Social aspects & facilities
Absolutely Hated it
Customer Service Officer (Former Employee) –  Dublin20 July 2017
I was there for a year in the mid noughties and I absolutely despised the job.
Monotonous and Boring.
A work colleague was wrongly blamed for mislaying cheques and was nearly fired, only then It was discovered that someone else was to blame.
Antiquated systems.
RBS Campaign
Customer Service Advisor (Banking) (Former Employee) –  Danesfort stranmills1 May 2017
This company was very good to work for they had lovely work conditions and a cafe with cheap food and lovely staff. I enjoyed working there for the time I was there.
Pros
free christmas dinners
Cons
Good pay and benefits. Very pressurised
Commercial Officer (Former Employee) –  Limerick1 April 2017
Great work colleagues. Became very pressurised over last few years. Dealing with customers was both enjoyable and very difficult depending on circumstances.
Pros
Good pay and benefits
Cons
Long hours, no overtime. lots of pressure
Worked for a short time only
Mystery Shopper (Former Employee) –  Dublin9 March 2017
This is a fair work environment and I think it is a good organisation to work in.

I can't give a view on pay and conditions due to the short period I was working with them.
Pros
Large Company
Cons
Nothing noted
Ulster Bank Dublin Mortgage Centre
New Business CSO/Deputy Team Manager/Team Manager (Current Employee) –  Dublin19 January 2017
My project team implemented a revised model for the policy/control of Equitable Deposits from local branches and aligned the branches behind national SOPs/ KPIs. This entailed national coordination across branches, ensuring the re-education of all staff and alignment with company policy, governance, etc.

I liaised with the Land Registry & managed Ulster Bank cross functional teams in relation to the dematerialisation of land certificates. This was a complicated situation, given it was a new way of working and involved industry change to work through to resolution. The model was set by the Central Bank and we were the first bank in Ireland to make it work.

I streamlined the transition of land certs into land registry folio, which resulted in a change as to how the land registry works to this day.
Productive, busy and fun place to work.
Bank Official (Former Employee) –  Maynooth5 January 2017
Loved working at Ulster Bank. Staff and customers were mostly very friendly. Ulster Bank took great interest in everyone staff members etc. They were always anxious to get us to balance work life with home life. Training was always available to improve our work life etc.

They expected excellent customer service.
Pros
U first account for staff members. This gave Staff 25 per cent off Ticketmaster. Also free banking.
Cons
Very strict on Sales.
The place I currently work
Settlements and Foreign Exchange Administrator (Former Employee) –  Dublin3 November 2016
Every day is different. It can be a tough day or an extremely tough day. The people in Ulster Bank are lovely to work with and the company itself do there best to make sure we work well together. I have worked on my systems ( 10 plus ) in Ulster Bank. The hardest part of my job is my current position ( arrears contact team ). It can be very hard dealing with customers in arrears but I manage well and try help all customers I deal with. The most enjoyable part are the people with whom I love working with. In my next job I will miss all the people I work with but unfortunately I have to look after my career.
Pros
Canteen / Car parking / Gym
Cons
Customers screaming down the phone (never a nice experience)
20 years behind the times
Lending Officer (Current Employee) –  Galway20 April 2016
Dismal training - staff reluctant to train new employees
Inconsistent information provided on SOP.
Information sharing non existant.
No communication between employees/departments.
Constructive criticism evolves telling everyone else the issue before informing the person directly.
Awaited one full month twiddling my thumbs for system access.
Computer systems in the dark ages - needs major updating.
Job you apply for and the actual job you end up doing are world's apart.
Ethics is not a major concern with this bank.
Staff integrity seriously lacking at times.
Teams are not manager lead.
Management do not have the experience to deal with issues out side the norm.
Productivity is not a major focus. It only becomes a focus if you seem to be doing more than the minimum required.
Banks attitude, procedures, business strategy caught in a time warp with no clear focus on the future.
Pros
Cons
Dismal training
work place and targets
bank cashier (Former Employee) –  dublin8 October 2015
A typical day would be you come in at nine. Have a huddle about targets and goals for the day. Then you would set up your cash and start serving customers. then at lunch time and the end of the day you would balance your cash again
Pros
friendly environment
productive
Business Support (Former Employee) –  WH10 September 2015
Great company to work for.
Excellent training & development opportunities
Great staff culture
Competitive salary
Rural locations not favored by the group
excellent customer service
Pros
Great culture
Cons
A good company to work and learn
Mortgage Officer (Former Employee) –  Dublin, D15 June 2015
The company provided a friendly working condition to work. The opportunity to work across department was exciting. The management were readily available to help and support workers achieve given set objectives.