ULSTER BANK

ULSTER BANK Employee Reviews

Ireland33 reviews
The company have lots of opportunities for those who want to advance and move forward.
Great people to work with and flexibility regarding hours, location etc..

Pros
Flexible
Cons
Structure
Usually the same routine work. Work from home at times. Good team spirit. Always opportunities for staff to learn and grow. Full time contract job comes up regularly.
Even though Ulster Bank is relatively small compared to large UK banks it is a very busy, fast paced environment to work in. Dublin offices are in several locations including Leopardstown.
I have worked in Ulster Bank for just under a year and in my opinion I believe it has a Great work life balance opportunities, good management and competitive salary.
I have worked with the bank for the past 16yrs year. I have gained an incredible knowledge of banking and the finance world, mostly of payments. They have given me many opportunities to develop my career over the years in various teams and departments & providing educational development to their employees. I have worked with many great like minded passionate people
with a drive to deliver great services to our customers and be the No 1 Bank In

Ireland.
Difficult industry. Constant reduction of resources and increase of pressure on staff.
large loss of knowledge through poor staff supports and no incentive to stay with the company.
Work environment is pretty much run by contractors. While this isn't necessarily a bad thing, too many people can sometimes hamper productivity and there are definitely too many outside staff employed on projects with very little outside guidance.
Pros
Great staff
Cons
Badly organised
There is never a typical day within the PMO team. Every day is different and often full on which is why we need to be prepared to deal with anything that is required of us. As a team we help the project teams understand systems, create and update pages in SharePoint to ensure the project teams have clear and concise information at their fingertips and all in one central location. MI reporting to senior management and stakeholders is updated on a regular basis to ensure it is available as and when requested. There really is never a dull moment in the PMO.
Pros
Nice Working Hours
Cons
Bad leadership
If I was put on a different cash counter on any day, the first thing I would have to do was balance the cash to be sure it was correct.

After this, I would check the internal post for any fast lodgement envelopes that may have been posted in the evenings. If they were there I would key them to the relevant account according to the details on the envelopes.

I was in charge of coin orders, so other shops in the centre would put their coin orders in for their own tills. I would then bag them up in the form they wanted them.

I was also the foreign cashier, so I would print off the daily exchange rates from The Central Bank Of Ireland & update our board.

The branch then opened at 9.30 and I was ready for full service for the day from there.

I was taught a lot at Ulster Bank. The staff and management were extremely helpful. It was a lovely place to work. The branch was based in a shopping centre, and we had a lot of regular customers, from the centre for business along with personal. And also from the general public. Dealing with them face to face every day was really nice and I built a great rapport with them all.

Certain days and times were busier and harder than others but you just had to keep your head down and serve them one by one and deal with their queries individually.

The most enjoyable part of my job, I feel was how genuinely friendly my customers were. Some people would wait in line for me to serve them (this was hard sometimes if it was my lunch time) but I took pride in thinking that they felt that level of confidence in me that they only wanted
 - more...
Pros
Every Wed the branch opened at 10am due to a morning meeting, here we were treated to breakfast.
Cons
Working Saturdays 9 -1 staff got a day in lieu but as I was agency staff I got a half day in lieu, I had no job security because I was agency staff, I wasn't entitled to any benefits because I was agency staff
A healthy work life balance on offer in most departments.

Some aras expecting staff to work excessive hours but never the case with me.

Overall a good place to work with plenty of opportunities.

Too slow to make decisions and the governance is extremely tedious.
This role involved updating Property Valuations and looking into Buy to Let and Owner Occupied Mortgages. It was an updating of information on mortgages .
Pros
Dublin City Center
Cons
Short Term Contracts
I found Ulster Bank to be a good place to work. Good work life balance and opportunities for further education/training and also opportunities for advancement.
I worked on a few job roles at the same time, you really had to be multi tasked as the usual day would be manic. On the top of that, I was PA to management, where I had to look after a number of managers at the same time.
Pros
perm job
Cons
too much job
Ulster Bank is a great place to work and have a great work ethics and encourage work life balance. they encourage your advancement by ensuring that the necessary training it given to encourage you with your career advancement
- Managing staff in all aspects of branch banking - Ensuring all sales targets were met - Complying with all regulations, procedures and policies - Developing customer relationships by providing good customer service - Objectives distributed amongst the team and monitored to ensure the branch was on target to succeed - Training all staff to a professional and competent level - Utilising my organisational skills to plan and prioritise efficiently on an ongoing basis - Ensuring that I am productive in my role by managing my time / work efficiently - Ensuring that good standards of conduct and practice are observed at all times and at every level throughout the branch
Pros
Great salary - opportunities available to those that want to progress
Cons
Reduced community presence with branch closures - less customer interaction face-to-face
Enjoyable routine, plenty of onsite additions & plenty of pleasant people to work with in Dublin Mortgage Centre. Work-life enjoyable not too pressurized but good attitude works well. Work during economic downturn. Best of both worlds before and after this time . HR very accommodating.
Pros
Hr, Social aspects & facilities
Cons
I was there for a year in the mid noughties and I absolutely despised the job.
Monotonous and Boring.

A work colleague was wrongly blamed for mislaying cheques and was nearly fired, only then It was discovered that someone else was to blame.

Antiquated systems.
This company was very good to work for they had lovely work conditions and a cafe with cheap food and lovely staff. I enjoyed working there for the time I was there.
Pros
free christmas dinners
Cons
Great work colleagues. Became very pressurised over last few years. Dealing with customers was both enjoyable and very difficult depending on circumstances.
Pros
Good pay and benefits
Cons
Long hours, no overtime. lots of pressure
This is a fair work environment and I think it is a good organisation to work in.

I can't give a view on pay and conditions due to the short period I was working with them.
Pros
Large Company
Cons
Nothing noted
Having been employed by Ulster Bank Ireland DAC t/a Lombard for 30 years I would highly recommend it as a great place to work. I've worked with some great people and was always proud and privileged to be associated with this company.