ULSTER BANK

ULSTER BANK Employee Reviews for Customer Service Representative

Ulster Bank is a great place to work and have a great work ethics and encourage work life balance. they encourage your advancement by ensuring that the necessary training it given to encourage you with your career advancement
If I was put on a different cash counter on any day, the first thing I would have to do was balance the cash to be sure it was correct. After this, I would check the internal post for any fast lodgement envelopes that may have been posted in the evenings. If they were there I would key them to the relevant account according to the details on the envelopes. I was in charge of coin orders, so other shops in the centre would put their coin orders in for their own tills. I would then bag them up in the form they wanted them. I was also the foreign cashier, so I would print off the daily exchange rates from The Central Bank Of Ireland & update our board. The branch then opened at 9.30 and I was ready for full service for the day from there. I was taught a lot at Ulster Bank. The staff and management were extremely helpful. It was a lovely place to work. The branch was based in a shopping centre, and we had a lot of regular customers, from the centre for business along with personal. And also from the general public. Dealing with them face to face every day was really nice and I built a great rapport with them all. Certain days and times were busier and harder than others but you just had to keep your head down and serve them one by one and deal with their queries individually. The most enjoyable part of my job, I feel was how genuinely friendly my customers were. Some people would wait in line for me to serve them (this was hard sometimes if it was my lunch time) but I took pride in thinking that they felt that level of confidence in me that they only wanted - more...
Pros
Every Wed the branch opened at 10am due to a morning meeting, here we were treated to breakfast.
Cons
Working Saturdays 9 -1 staff got a day in lieu but as I was agency staff I got a half day in lieu, I had no job security because I was agency staff, I wasn't entitled to any benefits because I was agency staff
Enjoyable routine, plenty of onsite additions & plenty of pleasant people to work with in Dublin Mortgage Centre. Work-life enjoyable not too pressurized but good attitude works well. Work during economic downturn. Best of both worlds before and after this time . HR very accommodating.
Pros
Hr, Social aspects & facilities
Cons
I was there for a year in the mid noughties and I absolutely despised the job. Monotonous and Boring. A work colleague was wrongly blamed for mislaying cheques and was nearly fired, only then It was discovered that someone else was to blame. Antiquated systems.
This company was very good to work for they had lovely work conditions and a cafe with cheap food and lovely staff. I enjoyed working there for the time I was there.
Pros
free christmas dinners
Cons
I have gained great experience as a Customer Service Officer while working in Ulster Bank, Dublin.
Pros
Great working hours : 9 -5
Cons
Shortage of staff to carry daily duties
  1. Customer Service Representative