ULSTER BANK

ULSTER BANK Pay & benefits reviews

Ireland32 reviews
I have worked in Ulster Bank for just under a year and in my opinion I believe it has a Great work life balance opportunities, good management and competitive salary.
If I was put on a different cash counter on any day, the first thing I would have to do was balance the cash to be sure it was correct.

After this, I would check the internal post for any fast lodgement envelopes that may have been posted in the evenings. If they were there I would key them to the relevant account according to the details on the envelopes.

I was in charge of coin orders, so other shops in the centre would put their coin orders in for their own tills. I would then bag them up in the form they wanted them.

I was also the foreign cashier, so I would print off the daily exchange rates from The Central Bank Of Ireland & update our board.

The branch then opened at 9.30 and I was ready for full service for the day from there.

I was taught a lot at Ulster Bank. The staff and management were extremely helpful. It was a lovely place to work. The branch was based in a shopping centre, and we had a lot of regular customers, from the centre for business along with personal. And also from the general public. Dealing with them face to face every day was really nice and I built a great rapport with them all.

Certain days and times were busier and harder than others but you just had to keep your head down and serve them one by one and deal with their queries individually.

The most enjoyable part of my job, I feel was how genuinely friendly my customers were. Some people would wait in line for me to serve them (this was hard sometimes if it was my lunch time) but I took pride in thinking that they felt that level of confidence in me that they only wanted
 - more...
Pros
Every Wed the branch opened at 10am due to a morning meeting, here we were treated to breakfast.
Cons
Working Saturdays 9 -1 staff got a day in lieu but as I was agency staff I got a half day in lieu, I had no job security because I was agency staff, I wasn't entitled to any benefits because I was agency staff
- Managing staff in all aspects of branch banking - Ensuring all sales targets were met - Complying with all regulations, procedures and policies - Developing customer relationships by providing good customer service - Objectives distributed amongst the team and monitored to ensure the branch was on target to succeed - Training all staff to a professional and competent level - Utilising my organisational skills to plan and prioritise efficiently on an ongoing basis - Ensuring that I am productive in my role by managing my time / work efficiently - Ensuring that good standards of conduct and practice are observed at all times and at every level throughout the branch
Pros
Great salary - opportunities available to those that want to progress
Cons
Reduced community presence with branch closures - less customer interaction face-to-face
This company was very good to work for they had lovely work conditions and a cafe with cheap food and lovely staff. I enjoyed working there for the time I was there.
Pros
free christmas dinners
Cons
Great work colleagues. Became very pressurised over last few years. Dealing with customers was both enjoyable and very difficult depending on circumstances.
Pros
Good pay and benefits
Cons
Long hours, no overtime. lots of pressure
This is a fair work environment and I think it is a good organisation to work in.

I can't give a view on pay and conditions due to the short period I was working with them.
Pros
Large Company
Cons
Nothing noted
Great company to work for.
Excellent training & development opportunities

Great staff culture

Competitive salary
Rural locations not favored by the group
excellent customer service
Pros
Great culture