United Drug

United Drug Employee Reviews

Ireland20 reviews
Nice place to work
Good place to work. As though work is hard the people working there ar nice and polite, willing to explain. Good structure of management beginning with employee and upwards
Waste of time
The worst managers I ever worked under I would not recomend anybody to work their it's the mangers that make the company so bad a lot of cover up the best thing about the company is sending emails to fix problems and you will have to send the same email next year.
Pros
Going home
Cons
Going home
Not good
Busy environmental, need pay attention to details hard to get promoted...but work hard try your best and you will get what you deserve ...have right attitude
Great people working for agency was terrible
I really enjoyed working here the people are lovely. I’ll miss everyone there it’s great for learning new skills and always new training available. It is a very fast based environment and you do work to meet targets so you do need to be fast but also not make any mistakes. every month there is employee of the month. Wages weren’t the best but great for younger people.
Worst place on the planet to work
United drug has to be the worst place on the planet to work. I have spend 17 years at United drug, there are good people there but noun of them seem to be management. You would have to be a lying two faced and most evil person to well in that place, they constaly undermine staff. Management don't think they can be replaced but that's there mantality and how stupid they really are and they only bring their family in to move up the ladder. This does not include how rude management are. Although when I started it was a nice place to work and at one stage they had clever respectful staff now they will hire any idiots
Pros
Noun
Cons
Everything depessing work place
N/a
United Drug is the largest wholesaler in Ireland, It supplies all of the pharmacy channel on a twice daily delivery service using a dedicated fleet of Vans.
busy and high importance regarding the product
I have enjoyed my 19 years at united-drug but I feel it is time for a change .United-drug have invested in me a person with regards to skills development .
Pros
hours of work
proffesional and friendly workplace
I only had brief opportunity to work in United Drug as a part of my work experience for college. Very friendly and very professional work place. Meticulous system of work and high attention to details.
productive, very organised and clean
On a typical day of working in the office,i would go in and usually one of the workers would give me filing to do and explain how to do it. Sometimes i would be asked to scan some papers into the computer files. Working in UD i learned many things,i learned that office work is a lot lot harder than it looks, i learned how to file papers away, i learned how to scan with the scanner, i learned loads. Everyone in the office was so lovely and made me feel welcome. The most enjoyable part of working in UD was learning how things work up there, and meeting new people they were all so friendly.
Pros
free lunch at the end of the week
Short time
I have not spent much time with United Drug, but I can say that once a commitment is seen by the Managers rewards and recognition follow very quickly.
Pros
access to pharmaceuticals at discount
Good work place
Every day can bring something new. If you want you can acquire knowledge each day. Very polite, friendly and helpful people.
Pros
Big company, comfortable work place
Cons
It is not easy to be promoted, big competition
united drug
United drug great company very nice people and all hard workers, I learned how to pick orders on time and get any products boxed up and out on time.I also learned how to build pallets neathly.
Productive workplace
A typical day at work will be to show up on time, ready to work by coming in with the right gear, right attitude and ready to get the work done.
Sometimes when you come in to work, the management team will tell you to work in a place that you've not worked in before, so that can be the hardest part of the job but is a good thing because you have a chance to do something different and that way you are learning new things.

The most enjoyable part of the job is working with a group of people that are willing to do their part which make your work easier.
Pros
flexible starting time
Cons
Don't know when shift is going to finish
Interesting
I used the knowledge I gained in my course. I was given work out of the ordinary and allowed handle some very expensive equipment.

I also dealt with queries around PC issues and telephones
Pros
Excellent atmosphere
Cons
Nice people, good experience. enhanced my skill set.
Good for overtime, they had a graduate training program, good work environment. Lovely people. Double shifts were annoying, but good money if you got overtime. Saturdays were annoying too.
Pros
swap shifts, good holidays.
Cons
chanages to swapping shifts, errors in holiday booking system
nice plaec to work no stress fun place
stable hours nice place to work very good management, not hard physically or mentally.
Pros
free lunch if have to stay longer
A hard working commercially driven organisation
My role is very broad and always busy. I liaised with a lot of different departments within the organization. Everyone in the organization is hard working and focused on their job.

A very entrepreneurial culture to allow you explore new areas of growth and business.
Pros
a big Plc but the feel of a small business
Cons
Low paying for the hours spent working
Good hours
It was five days a week 8:30Am to 4:30 Pm .Also nice peopl to work with.
Pros
work hours
Cons
it was vary repetitive
The only problem i would have with the place you would be probably be an agency worker there with no prospects.
Its a very fast turnover business and i look after an aisle replenishing roughly a thousand lines with six pickers working off it.I am using product identity scanners and becoming more computer orientated than ever before.
The management are very helpful and will help you to upgrade your skills albeit in a contract basis.I am working about 19 months here and i have seen a lot of contract people come and go and the more permanent ones are good to get on with as well as the few permanent staff.

The hardest part of the job would be lifting some of the heavier boxes like shower gels etc. to at a height where they should be stored on the bottom.The most satisfaction i get is when i come in the morning and i see i had my shelves well stocked up and there was no emergency letdowns needed.
Pros
Free lunch if you work 3 hours overtime.
Great !
Work in warehouse, segregation of medicines, preparation for transport.
Pros
good atmosphere
Cons
only a few hours