University College Cork Employee Reviews

Culture de l'entreprise agréable
Stage (Former Employee) –  Irlande9 October 2019
Ayant effectué un stage de 9 semaines à l'University College Cork, j'ai été attribué dans le domaine de l'ACE. Je devais effectué toutes les tâches administratives concernant l'université.
La culture de cette entreprise est très agréable, malgré la barrière de la langue, les salariés vous mettent directement à l'aise et vous aide pour le moindre problème.
Je recommande fortement de faire un stage chez eux, vous évoluerez niveau expérience, au niveau de la langue et de l'expérience professionnelle.
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  County Cork3 October 2019
The staff that I was working with provided a lot of support and feedback about the work I was producing. The classes were a good size to develop my presentation skills.
Flexible and Nice
PhD Student and Researcher (Current Employee) –  Cork18 June 2019
Working as PhD researcher is very challenging and one has to be very dedicated. I have aquired new skills. PhD requires a strong determination and patience.
Pros
Free Coffee, Free Milk
Cons
Long hours and stressful
Good place
Student (Current Employee) –  Cork4 February 2019
Best Place to Study and improve your skills.Faculty are the best and will help you in all ways to develop. Highly recommend UCC for further studies...
Challenging place to work.
Assistant Lecturer (Former Employee) –  Cork16 January 2019
Working with mature students is very challenging yet very rewarding at the same time. From lecturing to one to one tutorials it was the best experience one could ask for.
Cons
Long working hours.
Course Modulator / Lecturer (Current Employee) –  University College Cork, Cork, Ireland29 November 2018
Inspiring and integrated workforce, aiming to deliver innovative and contemporary resources to adult students in the context of mental health in the community.
Enjoyable workplace
Data Analyst, Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cork City29 August 2018
I enjoyed working at UCC, in particular because it offered a certain amount of security and had a positive workplace environment, including outstanding coworkers.
Pros
Dynamic Workenvironment
Fulfilling
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cork14 August 2018
Working with the government department is stimulating, exciting and challenging. If you are curious about Irish politics this is a great university to attend.
Fun Web Development work
Web Designer (Former Employee) –  Cork21 May 2018
Great place to work though I was sadly on my own for the creation of my section of the website so I didn't get to interact with others. Additionally, I was working as a student and my employer was very always allowed me to work within my hours due to this. The employer was simply lovely as well!
Pros
Work withing your own hours
Cons
Tough to find a permanent position as a student
Great working environment
Peer Support Leader and Eventxs Team Member. (Former Employee) –  Cork1 May 2018
I love working as a member of the UCC working community. Free private parking, Park and Ride service, on site amenities, gym membership, and numerous free events are also available to staff members.
Pros
City centre location and many amenities are available on campus.
Cons
Heavier workloads at certain times of the year.
Brilliant and engaging atmosphere in a top univeristy
Administrator (Current Employee) –  Cork5 February 2018
Excellent work life balance and culture, brilliant opportunity to work in a top university. Great boss/director, lovely manner. Great colleagues. Beautiful campus.
Multidisciplinary and fast paced working environment
Administrative assistant (Former Employee) –  Cork5 December 2017
During my time at UCC, I worked as an administrative assistant and have enjoyed working for the University while pursuing my studies.
This was engaging work, and involved supporting and providing personal and practical help to the senior staff as well as many-thousand strong Mature Student Population. Dealing with the requirements of both students and the staff, helped me foster excellent management and interpersonal skills and I enjoyed approaching issues sensitively and with a positive and pro-active attitude. The roles I have undertaken have also had a considerable administrative element and I feel that my time here has been a valuable experience in professionally providing support to senior staff as a result. The senior staff gave me plenty of support and were more that happy to assist if I was looking to develop my skills any further. I had many challenges to which I was able to navigate around and with the help of team members I successfully developed a great working rapport with the leadership team that I was employed by. They really helped me keep focused on the tasks, ensuring deadlines were met . Overall I would Say UCC is a great experience for any student to work with. the staff and Students were all very positive and pro- active.
Excellent work environment
Educational Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ireland2 October 2017
Working at a university, it's important that the environment is great for both students an employees. University College Cork does a great job at this as it caters for both.
Great research place
Post-Doc Researcher (Former Employee) –  Cork23 June 2017
Good management
Great research team
Excellent student and colleagues
Small but efficient management which is structured well
Beautiful campus
Cultural heritage city (Cork)
Pros
great location, research team and facilities
Cons
none I can think of
Enjoyable and Challenging Workplace
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cork21 June 2017
Taught economic modules to 1st and 2nd year students. Prepared content a week in advance for 5-7 teaching hours a week. Worked closely with lecturers in preparing content for classes. Also gave feedback to lecturers on how class performed and was given feedback from students. Preparation involved creating powerpoint presentations as well as detailed notes on content. Also created, printed and circulated word documents to students for preparation and review.
mieux vaut intégrée l'université que sa structure privée pour l'interim
International Business Development Manager (Former Employee) –  Cork14 June 2017
UCC academy est une entreprise privée au sein d'une institution publique qui embauche des intérimaires uniquement. Aucune perspective d'évolution possible.
Fun job with dedicated colleagues
Peer Support Leader (Current Employee) –  Cork18 May 2017
Working as a Peer Support Leader for University College Cork is an incredibly fun experience as you're always busy and your environment is never boring. The atmosphere at Open Days and Orientation days are great as everyone is busy and excited. I have a great time working with them
Interesting, varied work experience
Speech and Language Therapist in Training (Current Employee) –  Cork10 May 2017
Worked in a variety of locations with adults and children with communication impairments. Enjoyable and interesting experience which provided the opportunity to meet people of all ages and from all walks of life, with the aim of helping improve their quality of life.
A great place to expand the mind
Phd Student (Current Employee) –  Cork3 May 2017
Excellent opportunities available to collaborate with other departments, collaboration is encouraged and promoted. Excellent workplace culture, dynamic and open minded co-workers.
Not an employment related position
Student (Current Employee) –  Cork20 April 2017
I was a student studying for a bs in political science, doing the government degree. When my daughter became unwell, I had to take time off to care for her.
Pros
invigorating
Cons
No pay, long hours