University College Cork

University College Cork Employee Reviews

I worked there for 7 months as a undergraduate Pharmaceutical Researcher in order to complete my final project and to get my degree in Italy . It was the best experience ever had because I learnt a lot of techniques. The aim of that project was to investigate how the HPMC has an impact on moisture content, flowability and compaction.
great place to work, great management, plenty of room to advance. Nice supervisors who allow workers to do their own thing once the job is being done correctly.
Fantastic lecturers and facilities overall. Really get out what you put in. Some courses do not have mandatory placement so make sure you know the full details of a course before deciding to do it.
Ayant effectué un stage de 9 semaines à l'University College Cork, j'ai été attribué dans le domaine de l'ACE. Je devais effectué toutes les tâches administratives concernant l'université.
La culture de cette entreprise est très agréable, malgré la barrière de la langue, les salariés vous mettent directement à l'aise et vous aide pour le moindre problème.

Je recommande fortement de faire un stage chez eux, vous évoluerez niveau expérience, au niveau de la langue et de l'expérience professionnelle.
Nice place to work. Get on well with fellow employees and my employers.
Enjoyed the work in UCC. It was flexible around my lecture hours which was hugely helpful.
The staff that I was working with provided a lot of support and feedback about the work I was producing. The classes were a good size to develop my presentation skills.
Working as PhD researcher is very challenging and one has to be very dedicated. I have aquired new skills. PhD requires a strong determination and patience.
Pros
Free Coffee, Free Milk
Cons
Long hours and stressful
As long as your PI has flexibility with your hours and workload, you'll be introduced to some brilliant people and truly learn about your projects in a way that influences the world.
Best Place to Study and improve your skills.Faculty are the best and will help you in all ways to develop. Highly recommend UCC for further studies...
Working with mature students is very challenging yet very rewarding at the same time. From lecturing to one to one tutorials it was the best experience one could ask for.
Cons
Long working hours.
Inspiring and integrated workforce, aiming to deliver innovative and contemporary resources to adult students in the context of mental health in the community.
I enjoyed working at UCC, in particular because it offered a certain amount of security and had a positive workplace environment, including outstanding coworkers.
Pros
Dynamic Workenvironment
Working with the government department is stimulating, exciting and challenging. If you are curious about Irish politics this is a great university to attend.
Great place to work though I was sadly on my own for the creation of my section of the website so I didn't get to interact with others. Additionally, I was working as a student and my employer was very always allowed me to work within my hours due to this. The employer was simply lovely as well!
Pros
Work withing your own hours
Cons
Tough to find a permanent position as a student
I love working as a member of the UCC working community. Free private parking, Park and Ride service, on site amenities, gym membership, and numerous free events are also available to staff members.
Pros
City centre location and many amenities are available on campus.
Cons
Heavier workloads at certain times of the year.
Excellent work life balance and culture, brilliant opportunity to work in a top university. Great boss/director, lovely manner. Great colleagues. Beautiful campus.
Excellent and diverse place to work. High quality of service at all times. Lovely and collaborative. Innovative and rewarding. Longstanding reputation.
During my time at UCC, I worked as an administrative assistant and have enjoyed working for the University while pursuing my studies.
This was engaging work, and involved supporting and providing personal and practical help to the senior staff as well as many-thousand strong Mature Student Population. Dealing with the requirements of both students and the staff, helped me foster excellent management and interpersonal skills and I enjoyed approaching issues sensitively and with a positive and pro-active attitude. The roles I have undertaken have also had a considerable administrative element and I feel that my time here has been a valuable experience in professionally providing support to senior staff as a result. The senior staff gave me plenty of support and were more that happy to assist if I was looking to develop my skills any further. I had many challenges to which I was able to navigate around and with the help of team members I successfully developed a great working rapport with the leadership team that I was employed by. They really helped me keep focused on the tasks, ensuring deadlines were met . Overall I would Say UCC is a great experience for any student to work with. the staff and Students were all very positive and pro- active.
Had lot of courses to educate myself with most recent technologies. Upto the point and moderate course duration makes it easier to complete the course on time and seek job opportunities or go for higher studies.
Great place to work and very smart people to work with. Great place to settle and get to know a lot of things. Great benefits and great pay. You have access to a lot of great people.
Working at a university, it's important that the environment is great for both students an employees. University College Cork does a great job at this as it caters for both.