University College Cork

University College Cork Employee Reviews

Ireland43 reviews

Excellent workplace

A lot less stressful than the private sectorVery interesting research centres thereBeautiful campusStudents bring a lot of life to the placeGreat facilities

Simple workplace

No growth plan or care for researchers. There is a disconnect between growth and development progress for researchers. Lacks inclusion process overtime. Lack of inclusion, awareness and growth opportunities for people from different cultures. Needs improvement for the approach to diversity and multicultural inclusiveness

Pros

Work flexibility

Cons

little benefits for researchers

Good

Nice enough people. Some departments are very conservative and do not like change which can be a little frustrating to deal with. Parking is a nightmare

Beautiful experience

I worked there for 7 months as a undergraduate Pharmaceutical Researcher in order to complete my final project and to get my degree in Italy . It was the best experience ever had because I learnt a lot of techniques. The aim of that project was to investigate how the HPMC has an impact on moisture content, flowability and compaction.

Student

Fantastic lecturers and facilities overall. Really get out what you put in. Some courses do not have mandatory placement so make sure you know the full details of a course before deciding to do it.

Culture de l'entreprise agréable

Ayant effectué un stage de 9 semaines à l'University College Cork, j'ai été attribué dans le domaine de l'ACE. Je devais effectué toutes les tâches administratives concernant l'université. La culture de cette entreprise est très agréable, malgré la barrière de la langue, les salariés vous mettent directement à l'aise et vous aide pour le moindre problème. Je recommande fortement de faire un stage chez eux, vous évoluerez niveau expérience, au niveau de la langue et de l'expérience professionnelle.

Productive and good

Nice place to work. Get on well with fellow employees and my employers. Enjoyed the work in UCC. It was flexible around my lecture hours which was hugely helpful.

The staff that I was working with provided a lot of support and feedback about the work I was producing. The classes were a good size to develop my presentation skills.

Flexible and Nice

Working as PhD researcher is very challenging and one has to be very dedicated. I have aquired new skills. PhD requires a strong determination and patience.

Pros

Free Coffee, Free Milk

Cons

Long hours and stressful

Good place

Best Place to Study and improve your skills.Faculty are the best and will help you in all ways to develop. Highly recommend UCC for further studies...

Challenging place to work.

Working with mature students is very challenging yet very rewarding at the same time. From lecturing to one to one tutorials it was the best experience one could ask for.

Cons

Long working hours.

Inspiring and integrated workforce, aiming to deliver innovative and contemporary resources to adult students in the context of mental health in the community.

Enjoyable workplace

I enjoyed working at UCC, in particular because it offered a certain amount of security and had a positive workplace environment, including outstanding coworkers.

Pros

Dynamic Workenvironment

Fulfilling

Working with the government department is stimulating, exciting and challenging. If you are curious about Irish politics this is a great university to attend.

Fun Web Development work

Great place to work though I was sadly on my own for the creation of my section of the website so I didn't get to interact with others. Additionally, I was working as a student and my employer was very always allowed me to work within my hours due to this. The employer was simply lovely as well!

Pros

Work withing your own hours

Cons

Tough to find a permanent position as a student

Great working environment

I love working as a member of the UCC working community. Free private parking, Park and Ride service, on site amenities, gym membership, and numerous free events are also available to staff members.

Pros

City centre location and many amenities are available on campus.

Cons

Heavier workloads at certain times of the year.

Brilliant and engaging atmosphere in a top univeristy

Excellent work life balance and culture, brilliant opportunity to work in a top university. Great boss/director, lovely manner. Great colleagues. Beautiful campus.

Multidisciplinary and fast paced working environment

During my time at UCC, I worked as an administrative assistant and have enjoyed working for the University while pursuing my studies. This was engaging work, and involved supporting and providing personal and practical help to the senior staff as well as many-thousand strong Mature Student Population. Dealing with the requirements of both students and the staff, helped me foster excellent management and interpersonal skills and I enjoyed approaching issues sensitively and with a positive and pro-active attitude. The roles I have undertaken have also had a considerable administrative element and I feel that my time here has been a valuable experience in professionally providing support to senior staff as a result. The senior staff gave me plenty of support and were more that happy to assist if I was looking to develop my skills any further. I had many challenges to which I was able to navigate around and with the help of team members I successfully developed a great working rapport with the leadership team that I was employed by. They really helped me keep focused on the tasks, ensuring deadlines were met . Overall I would Say UCC is a great experience for any student to work with. the staff and Students were all very positive and pro- active.

Excellent work environment

Working at a university, it's important that the environment is great for both students an employees. University College Cork does a great job at this as it caters for both.

Great research place

Good management Great research team Excellent student and colleagues Small but efficient management which is structured well Beautiful campus Cultural heritage city (Cork)

Pros

great location, research team and facilities

Cons

none I can think of

Enjoyable and Challenging Workplace

Taught economic modules to 1st and 2nd year students. Prepared content a week in advance for 5-7 teaching hours a week. Worked closely with lecturers in preparing content for classes. Also gave feedback to lecturers on how class performed and was given feedback from students. Preparation involved creating powerpoint presentations as well as detailed notes on content. Also created, printed and circulated word documents to students for preparation and review.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at University College Cork. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.4 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement