University College Cork

University College Cork Management reviews

Ireland40 reviews
During my time at UCC, I worked as an administrative assistant and have enjoyed working for the University while pursuing my studies.
This was engaging work, and involved supporting and providing personal and practical help to the senior staff as well as many-thousand strong Mature Student Population.
Dealing with the requirements of both students and the staff, helped me foster excellent management and interpersonal skills and I enjoyed approaching issues sensitively and with a positive and pro-active attitude. The roles I have undertaken have also had a considerable administrative element and I feel that my time here has been a valuable experience in professionally providing support to senior staff as a result. The senior staff gave me plenty of support and were more that happy to assist if I was looking to develop my skills any further. I had many challenges to which I was able to navigate around and with the help of team members I successfully developed a great working rapport with the leadership team that I was employed by. They really helped me keep focused on the tasks, ensuring deadlines were met . Overall I would Say UCC is a great experience for any student to work with. the staff and Students were all very positive and pro- active.
Ayant effectué un stage de 9 semaines à l'University College Cork, j'ai été attribué dans le domaine de l'ACE. Je devais effectué toutes les tâches administratives concernant l'université.
La culture de cette entreprise est très agréable, malgré la barrière de la langue, les salariés vous mettent directement à l'aise et vous aide pour le moindre problème.

Je recommande fortement de faire un stage chez eux, vous évoluerez niveau expérience, au niveau de la langue et de l'expérience professionnelle.
Good management
Great research team
Excellent student and colleagues

Small but efficient management which is structured well

Beautiful campus

Cultural heritage city (Cork)
Pros
great location, research team and facilities
Cons
none I can think of
UCC academy est une entreprise privée au sein d'une institution publique qui embauche des intérimaires uniquement. Aucune perspective d'évolution possible.
What a dreadful place. The management are a joke. New management useless no idea. They come from outside companies and have no idea how to recruit or handle staff. Useless and incompetent
Pros
Leaving ucc
Cons
Nothing. Not one thing.
Friendly athmosphere with fflexibility. The location however leaves alot to be desired due to the volume of traffic and poor road infrastructure. Interesting connections and place of work though
El trabajo en dicha empresa tenía un horario flexible, pero incluía trabajo durante los fines de semana y después del horario laboral habitual.
Los recursos para avanzar y formarse dependían fundamental mente de la motivación del trabajador, pudiendo adquirir conocimiento en la preparación de informes y presentación de datos tanto a nivel nacional como internacional. Tuve la oportunidad de formar a otras personas y crear proyectos para mi equipo. participé activamente y como miembro del comité en dos conferencias (nacional e internacional) que se realizaron durante mi tiempo en dicha empresa.

Tanto la relación con la directiva como con los colegas fue en todo momento buena, colaborando en los proyectos en marcha y en la creación de nuevos.
La dificultad para obtener un trabajo continuo, debido a que los contratos son a proyecto aceptado, implican dificultad en la continuación en la empresa.

El desarrollo personal y profesional en distintos aspectos con la posibilidad de colaborar con compañeros y directiva han hecho que el trabajo realizado en la empresa fuera muy satisfactorio.
Pros
Flexibilidad de horario y Formación
Cons
Contrato a proyecto (fecha de fin de contrato y sin posibilidad de continuación)
The work was always at night for the college balls. I learnt to be more empathetic towards people and to be more drink aware and to be more mindful of friends when on nights out. The management were fantastic as they were conscious of our college hours and other commitments. My co-workers were great and worked well as a team. The most difficult part was dealing with people who were inebriated and could not be reasoned with. The most enjoyable part was meeting new people and getting to work with them.
A very pleasant team of management, teaching staff and administrators with a diverse range of international students. A nice place to work,
Yanbancı ülkeden geldğimiz için bize öğrencilerin tavırları konusunda çok kuşkuluyduk fakat gidince anladık ki, bizi hemen aralarına alabilecek ve olabildiğince yardımcı olacak kadar inceydiler.
Akademik çalışma anlamında zaten UCC'nin katkıları çok fazla. Onların çalışma ortamında onların tecrübelerinden yararlanmak benim için çok güzel bir tecrübeydi.
Pros
Çalışma saatlerinin esnek olması.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at University College Cork?
typical day greet co workers/ students/ academic staff
check emails. dealing with students/staff face to face as point of contact in office during opening hours.

Respond on daily basis must of work is responsive and has to be dealt with there and then

Meetings may be scheduled eg weekly office meeting.

Staff student committee or ethics committee.

also Teacher and Learning Committee meetings

Excellent management always supportative and willing to leave you work on own initative very approachable, ready to provide support and advise when necessary.
Loved my job diverse role lots of interaction with both co workers /academic staff and students. Brilliant place to work loved all the challenges it gave me
Pros
Free Parking
Cons
not be eligible to apply for internal post as not perm member of staff
Não há como não ter saudade de um lugar onde praticamene tudo tinha boa qualidade: relação com os outros funcionários, com meus superiores imediatos, o trabalho, aprendi acima de tudo que existe vida pessoal além da profissional, o que acredito as empresas no Brasil ainda tem que aprender.
Pros
quase tudo
Cons
diferença entre os que conhecemos como benefícios, como vales transporte, refeição ou alimentação.