University College Cork
University College Cork Employee Review

There is always something new

14 March 2016
During a typical day, I encountered professionals from both different research backgrounds and from different departments, all collaborating to ensure the most productive environment. Having such varied coworkers made it a fun and invigorating place to work. The hardest part of my job involved teasing out the difficulties in developing a new Cell Culture with had not been done in the lab before. Having such an eclectic group of coworkers gave me the needed support and input to achieve my research.
Pros
Excellent and Friendly working environment
Cons
My time there was so short
2 February 2020
Pharmaceutical Researcher (Former Employee) - Cork
I worked there for 7 months as a undergraduate Pharmaceutical Researcher in order to complete my final project and to get my degree in Italy . It was the best experience ever had because I learnt a lot of techniques. The aim of that project was to investigate how the HPMC has an impact on moisture content, flowability and compaction.
6 October 2019
UCC Events Team (Current Employee) - Cork
Nice place to work. Get on well with fellow employees and my employers.
Enjoyed the work in UCC. It was flexible around my lecture hours which was hugely helpful.
18 June 2019
PhD Student and Researcher (Current Employee) - Cork
Working as PhD researcher is very challenging and one has to be very dedicated. I have aquired new skills. PhD requires a strong determination and patience.
Pros
Free Coffee, Free Milk
Cons
Long hours and stressful
Ask a question about working or interviewing at University College Cork. Our community is ready to answer.
4.4