University College Cork Employee Review

View all University College Cork reviews

Multidisciplinary and fast paced working environment
Administrative assistant (Former Employee) –  Cork5 December 2017
During my time at UCC, I worked as an administrative assistant and have enjoyed working for the University while pursuing my studies.
This was engaging work, and involved supporting and providing personal and practical help to the senior staff as well as many-thousand strong Mature Student Population. Dealing with the requirements of both students and the staff, helped me foster excellent management and interpersonal skills and I enjoyed approaching issues sensitively and with a positive and pro-active attitude. The roles I have undertaken have also had a considerable administrative element and I feel that my time here has been a valuable experience in professionally providing support to senior staff as a result. The senior staff gave me plenty of support and were more that happy to assist if I was looking to develop my skills any further. I had many challenges to which I was able to navigate around and with the help of team members I successfully developed a great working rapport with the leadership team that I was employed by. They really helped me keep focused on the tasks, ensuring deadlines were met . Overall I would Say UCC is a great experience for any student to work with. the staff and Students were all very positive and pro- active.

Other University College Cork Employee Reviews

Flexible and Nice
PhD Student and Researcher (Current Employee) –  Cork18 June 2019
Working as PhD researcher is very challenging and one has to be very dedicated. I have aquired new skills. PhD requires a strong determination and patience.
Pros
Free Coffee, Free Milk
Cons
Long hours and stressful
Good place
Student (Current Employee) –  Cork4 February 2019
Best Place to Study and improve your skills.Faculty are the best and will help you in all ways to develop. Highly recommend UCC for further studies...