University College Cork Employee Reviews

Comradship
Student Community Support (Former Employee) –  Cork17 March 2016
The work was always at night for the college balls. I learnt to be more empathetic towards people and to be more drink aware and to be more mindful of friends when on nights out. The management were fantastic as they were conscious of our college hours and other commitments. My co-workers were great and worked well as a team. The most difficult part was dealing with people who were inebriated and could not be reasoned with. The most enjoyable part was meeting new people and getting to work with them.
There is always something new
Research Student (Former Employee) –  Cork14 March 2016
During a typical day, I encountered professionals from both different research backgrounds and from different departments, all collaborating to ensure the most productive environment. Having such varied coworkers made it a fun and invigorating place to work. The hardest part of my job involved teasing out the difficulties in developing a new Cell Culture with had not been done in the lab before. Having such an eclectic group of coworkers gave me the needed support and input to achieve my research.
Pros
Excellent and Friendly working environment
Cons
My time there was so short
Fun Workplce
Work Placement (Former Employee) –  Cork1 March 2016
My typical day was to attend lectures and with my fellow students try to make scene of it
I found it easier to fit in here as they were my own age
I learned a lot about the course I'd be attending in college
Pros
Free Enviroment
Cons
Finding a lift every day
UCC Language Centre
ELT tutor (Current Employee) –  Cork, C2 February 2016
A very pleasant team of management, teaching staff and administrators with a diverse range of international students. A nice place to work,
Engaging and interesting workplace
Part-time Lecturer and tutor (Former Employee) –  Cork Centre, County Cork6 January 2016
I taught a number of modules in social science at UCC. Gaining valuable work experience, the role provided the opportunity to develop a high level of responsibility and engagement in a complex work environment.
Co-Workers
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cork3 December 2015
They were an awesome support and it should be like this in every organization, I was very new to that place and they made me to love it.
Farklı Kültürlere Açık, Üretken
Staj-Yüksek Lisans Proje takımına dahiliyet (Former Employee) –  Cork, İrlanda3 November 2015
Yanbancı ülkeden geldğimiz için bize öğrencilerin tavırları konusunda çok kuşkuluyduk fakat gidince anladık ki, bizi hemen aralarına alabilecek ve olabildiğince yardımcı olacak kadar inceydiler.
Akademik çalışma anlamında zaten UCC'nin katkıları çok fazla. Onların çalışma ortamında onların tecrübelerinden yararlanmak benim için çok güzel bir tecrübeydi.
Pros
Çalışma saatlerinin esnek olması.
funplace
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cork, C29 September 2015
typical day greet co workers/ students/ academic staff
check emails. dealing with students/staff face to face as point of contact in office during opening hours.
Respond on daily basis must of work is responsive and has to be dealt with there and then
Meetings may be scheduled eg weekly office meeting.
Staff student committee or ethics committee.
also Teacher and Learning Committee meetings
Excellent management always supportative and willing to leave you work on own initative very approachable, ready to provide support and advise when necessary.
Loved my job diverse role lots of interaction with both co workers /academic staff and students. Brilliant place to work loved all the challenges it gave me
Pros
Free Parking
Cons
not be eligible to apply for internal post as not perm member of staff
Good place to work, usual academic red tape though
Assistant Lecturer & Science Outreach Officer (Former Employee) –  Department of Chemistry23 July 2015
Work days can vary enormously depending on the job and career. I found it very pleasant to work there however. Some training provided but more would be useful
Pros
Time off
Great Colleagues , lacks career developemt
Operations Assistant (Current Employee) –  Cork, C28 April 2015
Really nice Colleagues.
There is no career development and no chance of promotions at present.
You may be asked to perform tasks well above your pay grade, but you will get little thanks and zero re-numeration for it.
Pros
Great Hours, Great Holidays
Cons
No career development
Ottimo college dove svolgere un progetto di tesi
Researcher (Former Employee) –  Cork, C28 October 2014
Ho imparato a gestire il mio lavoro, le deadlines e organizzare gli obiettivi prefissi. Vivendo in un ambiente multidisciplinare ed internazionale ho avuto la possibilità di crescere dal punto di vista delle relazioni umane, della lingua straniera (Inglese) e nello spirito di gruppo.
Good
Student (Former Employee) –  Cork, C6 October 2014
Excellent institution. It has given me excellent abilities.
Pros
Loads
An Innovative thinking day
Products development for their marketing (Current Employee) –  Cork16 April 2013
The days starts by reviewing what has been achieved days before, and planning the day with activities: assembling devices, designs, calls to give, equipement to order.

Every days I learn something which can regard the current work, colleagues, the various people cultures.

My co-workers are funny and open-minded to discussions. We usually have live discussions of news produdcts and new technologies.

The hardest part of the job is to manage activities as: priorities change week-after-week and some deadlines cannot be achieved. Energies through the group are combined to achieve requirements as best as possible.

The most enjoyable part is to have the possibilities of sharing knowledge with other departments.
excelente lugar de trabalho
Senior Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cork, C20 March 2013
Não há como não ter saudade de um lugar onde praticamene tudo tinha boa qualidade: relação com os outros funcionários, com meus superiores imediatos, o trabalho, aprendi acima de tudo que existe vida pessoal além da profissional, o que acredito as empresas no Brasil ainda tem que aprender.
Pros
quase tudo
Cons
diferença entre os que conhecemos como benefícios, como vales transporte, refeição ou alimentação.